News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Josh Hendy

First, as I mentioned above, the color itself wasn't really the problem; the architectural style is. The building at Disney doesn't look like those buildings.
Secondly, even if it did, it would still be a failure because of the juxtaposition.
It appears that in the transition from concept art to actual construction and painting ... "something went terribly wrong". As they say. Would you like to be a fly on the wall in the meeting where a boss came in and told the imagineers ... "Um, yeah. Let's switch up the color scheme, change the window panes to Jolly Olde New Englande style, and we're gonna put a door right ... here."
20200308_215238.jpg

20200308_214001.jpg

trainplane3

It appears that in the transition from concept art to actual construction and painting ... "something went terribly wrong". As they say. Would you like to be a fly on the wall in the meeting where a boss came in and told the imagineers ... "Um, yeah. Let's switch up the color scheme, change the window panes to Jolly Olde New Englande style, and we're gonna put a door right ... here."
View attachment 454936
View attachment 454937
The windoor was there before they started working on the surrounding buildings. I do wonder what it's use is and why it couldn't be modified.
Capture.JPG

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
View attachment 454936
View attachment 454937
I'm hopeful that the painting of the buildings isn't finished. The paint job looks too new and crisp, specially the blue one. Maybe a patina wash (ideally a copper one), will be added afterwards to make it look more cohesive with Paris' architecture and the concept art.

Also, the top row windows in the rendering, appear arched, which looks charming and more architecturally accurate, imo. But, as we all know, we rarely get exactly what we see in concept arts.

Little Green Men

View attachment 454936
View attachment 454937
There were pipes on the side of the building, looks like the addition was to cover them and the door allows access to them.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Wikipedia has it at 2,200 pph, but who knows how reliable or accurate that is — or if ops will be able to reach that number.
I understand the Paris one run at about 2/3 that, but that’s third-hand.

In any case, very minor changes can impact throughput, so I’d say it’s strongly TBD.

SplashJacket

I understand the Paris one to be about 2/3 that, but that’s third-hand.

In any case, very minor changes can impact throughput, so I’d say it’s strongly TBD.

From my understanding, the rides are near identical. There might be some minor differences but nothing to effect the capcity that drastically.

I believe the dispatch in WDS Paris is 3 rats of 6 every 30 seconds (18 people) so 3 x 6 x 60 x 2 which totals out to a THC of 2,160.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
From my understanding, the rides are near identical. There might be some minor differences but nothing to effect the capcity that drastically.

I believe the dispatch in WDS Paris is 3 rats of 6 every 30 seconds (18 people) so 3 x 6 x 60 x 2 which totals out to a THC of 2,160.
30 second dispatch! What’s the restraint system?

BubbaisSleep

I think the door is hilarious! Seriously, someone lost their job. It could very well be the most ridiculous thing ever done in any of the 4 parks. What's next? Perhaps they'll have to reroute the Tron cycle around a toilet.
I don't want to take this off-topic but I think that off-center window in New Orleans Square at Disneyland takes the cake haha.

I do think there's so much going on in this mini-land that ground level will add a lot of depth and hide certain things. The way the building is positioned, you'd only really notice the random door if you're facing exiting the creperie.

UNCgolf

I don't understand why the door is painted white. Even ignoring all the other issues with the building as a whole, why wouldn't you just paint that entire door the same blue color as the exterior walls? It would be hard to notice it from a distance, and from up close it would still blend in to an extent. The fact that it's bright white, drawing attention to it, is crazy.

Unless it's going to open for some sort of show piece that pops out, but I think we would have heard something about that by now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
English isn't my primary language, so please excuse the question:
Is "windoor" a legit word?, because that's exactly what it looks like! 😄

It's a neologistic portmanteau!

Anyhoo...

The Windoor is probably a service door to get big equipment in and out of the building.

So, think of it as that. The story of the place setting is that the building houses an artist's studio who creates large sculpture and portraiture. The barn door is for loading and unloading of their large pieces.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It's a neologistic portmanteau!

Anyhoo...

The Windoor is probably a service door to get big equipment in and out of the building.

So, think of it as that. The story of the place setting is that the building houses an artist's studio who creates large sculpture and portraiture. The barn door is for loading and unloading of their large pieces.
Ah, I didn't know about a backstory to explain the service "windoor" on the building, sounds very bohemian. I like it. Thank you!

Josh Hendy

There were pipes on the side of the building, looks like the addition was to cover them and the door allows access to them.
At a guess, it appears that the chimney to.the left of the pipes was meant to hide them. But somebody goofed and the pipes ended up being too far to the right ... so the awkward shed structure was added.
Screenshot_20200308-231015_Samsung Internet.jpg

The door is just above a big air vent. Maybe there is an emergency generator behind there, the pipes are for feeding it natural gas, and the door is necessary for maintenance access. Or if the generator is diesel, the door is for filling the tank and the pipes are electrical conduits leading to other parts of World Showcase.
Screenshot_20200308-232124_Samsung Internet.jpg

The placement of all of these things may be an unfortunate compromise due to retrofitting a ride into a previously backstage area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom