News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Epcot82Guy

I would sooner think the sign isn't finished yet. Just saying Ratatouille wouldn't make sense in either the Parisian subway style or the film. Those are station names (in Paris) marking the Metropolitain entrance.

And, I still don't understand how people can justify that door. It looks absolutely ridiculous noting they were starting from a blank slate. They could have easily themed it as a door to a juliette balcony or the like. Or added others to make it look cohesive. This was basically a blank box with one permanent feature they chose to not only ignore but make look like an eye sore. Those that don't care are welcome to feel so. But, this is just getting more and more ridiculous how poor the details in this new area are turning out. Especially compared with the very well done DLP version!

dr_teeth90210

Snapped a pic over the fence next to the perfume shop in France.

Attachments

• 70C5E401-7E14-4A6A-8BBA-E15088C126EC.jpeg
    70C5E401-7E14-4A6A-8BBA-E15088C126EC.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Giss Neric

Is the queue inside the ride big enough or will it easily spill outside the newly built area? I hope they have switchbacks on another area.

ZachPL

They told us Galaxy's Edge would open Late Fall and it opened in August and that MMRR would open in 2019 and it opened last week. So until I hear an actual date I'm just assuming they have no idea.
Yeah I mean officially they have only said summer 2020, so it makes sense to continue even if that has changed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Standby in particular will often spill into the pen outside. All 3 lines have space inside (standby in particular) but the exterior overflow will be well used I expect.

I, for one, am not understanding this recent move to having more outdoor queue space in Florida. Alien Saucers. Slinky Dog. TSM. Buzz. MMRR. Rat. Many things in SW:GE. Not that many rides didn’t do this already, but... now that I think more about it, maybe it’s not so recent after all.

lazyboy97o

I, for one, am not understanding this recent move to having more outdoor queue space in Florida. Alien Saucers. Slinky Dog. TSM. Buzz. MMRR. Rat. Many things in SW:GE. Not that many rides didn’t do this already, but... now that I think more about it, maybe it’s not so recent after all.
It’s a lot cheaper. At least it is covered queue space and in a front of house area.

hpyhnt 1000

As @lazyboy97o said, it's cheaper to just put some switchbacks outside. And to be fair, outdoor queues have been quite common across the parks, going right back to the early days of Disneyland. At least this Ratatouille one is properly covered from the start, unlike SDD where they stupidly didn't include proper shade structures for much of the queue in the original build and had to retrofit them in.

Sometimes I wonder how much of this comes from WDI being based in Glendale. It's one thing to stand outside in SoCal during the summer; it's quite another to do it in Central Florida (CenFla?), and I can't help but think some Imagineers forget or ignore that fact. I know there are some field offices at WDW, but I don't know how much say those offices have in attraction design.

lazyboy97o

As @lazyboy97o said, it's cheaper to just put some switchbacks outside. And to be fair, outdoor queues have been quite common across the parks, going right back to the early days of Disneyland. At least this Ratatouille one is properly covered from the start, unlike SDD where they stupidly didn't include proper shade structures for much of the queue in the original build and had to retrofit them in.

Sometimes I wonder how much of this comes from WDI being based in Glendale. It's one thing to stand outside in SoCal during the summer; it's quite another to do it in Central Florida (CenFla?), and I can't help but think some Imagineers forget or ignore that fact. I know there are some field offices at WDW, but I don't know how much say those offices have in attraction design.
Which is worse? Not knowing the heat or intentionally removing the shade to pay for something else knowing that Operations will add it after the fact?

Rich Brownn

Disney has often overlooked that. When the Magic Kingdom opened, they ended up having to add covers for the queues in Mansion, Hall of Presidents.... and a roof for the Mad Tea Party (oh the joys of bailing out teacups...) I think California forgets about humidity and rain sometimes...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom