Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

disneygeek90

I low key don’t enjoy Spider-Man. I understand it’s importance and significance when it was first released but I honestly don’t find it that enjoyable. I realize I’m in the minority here but Spider-Man is not the end all, be all.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
tenor.gif
Since you are there “working” for us keeping us up to date on the opening all is forgiven. You are far from the only one and I would be doing the same thing too if I was there. In a month or so it should go to regular insanely long lines.

tissandtully

Spideys queue puts you inside a classic comic book. It does what it should, and gives you no clue just how Amazing the ride is going to be. I remember my first ride, and I thought the ride would be the cheap animation style shown in the preshow. As soon as Spidey jumped on my car, My jaw was hanging for 4 minutes.

Maybe this ride will do that, but it really seems to me to be a well executed Star Wars dark ride with a few neat small effects that add to the immersion. The only “new” part is that the elevator you get on
Has some sudden movement, unlike Transformers’. Everything else on it is far from mind blowing.

The Disnoids are all crying. I mean, Disney hasn’t even attempted to do something like this for decades in the US. It seems to be a ride truly deserving the E ticket moniker. But unless the POVs show something I’m not aware of, I think the “groundbreaking” talk is a bit much.
Lol, I love Spider-Man, but RotR is just a totally new experience. Not a comparison.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Spideys queue puts you inside a classic comic book. It does what it should, and gives you no clue just how Amazing the ride is going to be. I remember my first ride, and I thought the ride would be the cheap animation style shown in the preshow. As soon as Spidey jumped on my car, My jaw was hanging for 4 minutes.
Spider-Man queue is cheap and adds very little to the ride experience. Feels like something more fitting for LEGOLAND. When that ride was built Universal was in a very different place financially. They very wisely put all of the money allocated to the attraction into the ride and it payed off big time considering it’s still in this conversation compared to much newer and more expensive rides. It’s a world class ride with a below average queue.

Incomudro

Maybe this ride will do that, but it really seems to me to be a well executed Star Wars dark ride with a few neat small effects that add to the immersion. The only “new” part is that the elevator you get on
Has some sudden movement, unlike Transformers’. Everything else on it is far from mind blowing.

The Disnoids are all crying. I mean, Disney hasn’t even attempted to do something like this for decades in the US. It seems to be a ride truly deserving the E ticket moniker. But unless the POVs show something I’m not aware of, I think the “groundbreaking” talk is a bit much.

Here's what else is new:
YOU are physically IN the set.
Not riding along a track where the set pieces lie along the sides of your journey.

Incomudro

OR parents don't drag their kids on things the kids don't want to do. If your kid is going to be scared by a cold and stern FO officer, DON"T TAKE THEM ON THE RIDE! I have seen some great parents in my time working arractions, but I've also see A LOT of garbage selfish one ones.

Parents who actually discipline their kids don't have kids who are afraid of a stern officer.
But if you've never told your kid no...

Incomudro

Well that’s ridiculous, but imagine you have a 4 year old. Tall enough for Star Tours. You go on that, it’s fun, kid loves it. Then you do Smuggler’s Run. Have a blast although Timmy complains “where is da wamp?” You’ve done two Star Wars rides. Both went great. Your son loved both. Now you move on to RotR. Same height requirement as Star Tours. So, you board and your kid freaks the f out.

Are you a bad parent?

You're a clueless parent if you're not well aware of what will scare your kid.
I'm a father of twin boys who are 17 now.
I knew very well what would scare them to what degree when they were younger.
I knew how they would react if they did get scared, and I knew how to handle them if they did.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
You're a clueless parent if you're not well aware of what will scare your kid.
I'm a father of twin boys who are 17 now.
I knew very well what would scare them to what degree when they were younger.
I knew how they would react if they did get scared, and I knew how to handle them if they did.
My question is what 4 year old asks about the falcons ramp? 😅

kpilcher

I especially appreciate your response, and am pleased to know you guys care. Yet, if that headline itself is the best you can possibly do, it’s preventing you from the next level of journalism.

When a website like that will be viewed around the entire country or world for such a big local event, it shouldn’t start with that headline. It’s the news publication’s responsibility to no matter how big or small the issue is to be upfront. The article’s contents are fine and hold up, but it almost sounds like the headline is the first ‘bullet point’ rather than a proper appropriate title to its contents. It’s popular to do it today, but that doesn’t mean it’s what it should be.

With all do respect, it’s not dangerous to public knowledge like plenty of biased reporting today is, but it could and should be done better if what you say is true (and I believe you).

You and I both know that starting with a headline like that is more likely to grab your attention than say “WDW’s newest ride, Rise of the Resistence, opens to both technical issues and praise;” which frankly, is a far better headline to capture the full scope and fact-based reporting that was done in the article. It was a small gripe I had, and that’s all, I discussed it. Anyway, it’s a good article for the local crowd that needs up-to-the-minute reporting, but I’d take the criticism about its faults and learn from it, personally.
I could hide behind the adage that I don't write the headlines for the web (which is true), however I do for my newscast. In both cases, web and broadcast, there is a degree of salesmanship involved. If people aren't attracted to what you are writing/saying it doesn't matter how wonderful, detailed and epic the prose is that follows. That said, headlines must be accurate. While I like what you attempting in your example, it is too long. When whoever finalized the headline came up with "Disney’s new ‘Star Wars’ attraction evacuated on opening day, riders say" that was probably the most accurate thing we could have said at that time. We apparently added the sub headline "Disney World ride reportedly reopens about hour after being evacuated" as soon as that info came in.

God knows Disney and the other parks are usually.... let's call it "measured"... when talking on the record about any problems, if they comment at all, but their top people are quite quick to email or call us up if they are unhappy with something we've said or written. While it is extremely rare for us to make changes just because they are unhappy, sometimes we will try to find a compromise. Usually that means adding their response. None of us are perfect.

RonAnnArbor

So how long is this craziness going to last of needing to be at DHS at 4am to get a boarding pass? I see this only getting worse and impossible for many to get a pass once more and more guests become aware they need to plan their DHS days super early in the morning.
I do not see that changing anytime soon --- by the way, being at the park at 4 am DOES NOT guarantee a boarding group...this morning they started boarding groups at 7:15 and they were filled by 7:30 (some say 7:40 but mine would not permit further access after 7:30)...when all 8000 people waiting are all on the app at the same time you can imagine it runs "really smoothly"...still, being there at 4 am is currently the ONLY way to ride it. Even though I was there at 4 am, and nobody in my group of 6 got a boarding group or got to ride it. Fortunately I now live 10 minutes away and was home in bed at 7:50 am.

Mike S

I do not see that changing anytime soon --- by the way, being at the park at 4 am DOES NOT guarantee a boarding group...this morning they started boarding groups at 7:15 and they were filled by 7:30 (some say 7:40 but mine would not permit further access after 7:30)...when all 8000 people waiting are all on the app at the same time you can imagine it runs "really smoothly"...still, being there at 4 am is currently the ONLY way to ride it. Even though I was there at 4 am, and nobody in my group of 6 got a boarding group or got to ride it. Fortunately I now live 10 minutes away and was home in bed at 7:50 am.
That’s crazy. We were there at 5:30 and got a boarding group no problem yesterday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom