Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

Yeah, it seems like there needs to be a way to limit the number of times people can ride it in a day, at least during this initial period where all the boarding groups are gone by 9 AM. That isn’t a criticism of you for going multiple times, btw, if I was there and had a chance to ride it 4 times I would be on it every time. Not your fault Disney set the system up like this.
Oh you definitely would. It’s really great.

Megbutnotmegan

Advertisement
Somehow my brother had 2 digital fast passes left from the breakdowns and evac while I had none left so we were able to have them let us use both to go together. So, ride #4. 5 counting the evac.

As an aside I think this system they’re using is broken. We shouldn’t be able to ride like this but oh well.
Yeah there’s definitely something up with how the electronic fast passes are working. We got one last night when it broke down during our boarding group (we were the last one of the night) and tried to use it this morning. Then it broke down while we were in line so we got another FP and water. We got to ride about an hour later and still had a fast pass. Used it on Slinky and somehow it’s still there. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Animaniac93-98

The First Order gets me while they’re young.

"In response to complaints about scared children, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be offering a Sensory Friendly experience between 2:00pm and 4:00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday; Star Wars: A Safe Outer-Space Adventure!

In this altered, immersive experience, First Order officers and Stormtroopers will engage with younglings by having "hug time" with Duffy the Disney Bear while waiting to ride. Once aboard the attraction itself, the normal audio will be turned off and replaced with a special narration by everyone's favorite space snowman himself, Olaf! Who likes warm hugs more than Kylo Ren?

After safely landing back in Batuu, the experience concludes with free lollipops for all!***
(quantities limited, two T-shirt minimum purchase required)"

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
"In response to complaints about scared children, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be offering a Sensory Friendly experience between 2:00pm and 4:00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday; Star Wars: A Safe Outer-Space Adventure!

In this altered, immersive experience, First Order officers and Stormtroopers will engage with younglings by having "hug time" with Duffy the Disney Bear while waiting to ride. Once aboard the attraction itself, the normal audio will be turned off and replaced with a special narration by everyone's favorite space snowman himself, Olaf! Who likes warm hugs more than Kylo Ren?

After safely landing back in Batuu, the experience concludes with free lollipops for all!***
(quantities limited, two T-shirt minimum purchase required)"
Please. That would cost $149. But $119 for APs, DVC, and Bob Chapek. Such value!

kpilcher

View attachment 430709
I doubt this is a very reputable news site, but nonetheless it will be seen by the public. What kind of a headline is this? When Hagrid's opened, it was "Wow, what an amazing ride! It has a 10-hour wait!" With Disney, it's "hide your children! An evacuation happened!" Sheesh. Two huge-scaled attractions with downtime issues, but ah what bias can do.

That folks, is what you call 'making money from ad revenue.'

It's exciting times in Orlando that Disney and Universal are making their parks there some of the best on Earth!
Hi Walrus!

I assure you ClickOrlando is reputable. It is an integral part of my news operation, WKMG-TV. While I am on vacation this week, I see nothing in that article I would change. Stacy was very fair in including both the frustrations and those cheering the execution.

We would not be reputable by hiding, ignoring or not reporting the operational issues. We did exactly the same with Hagrid, Antarctica, Rip Ride Rock It, Diagon Alley, and many others all the way back at least to Mission:Space. I am the first to have us point out on News 6 & ClickOrlando that these kinds of glitches often happen with ground-breaking new attractions. But not reporting the down times would do a disservice to those who want to ride and end up going to the park and not realizing why it is not open. Most people just don't know theme parks like the people on this forum,

Most of us at WKMG-TV are theme park lovers, Stacy included. Many of us have friends working in all levels of the area's parks and resorts including design, operations, management and public relations. No one I know is rooting for failure, nor looking to "get clicks" with unfair coverage. That approach can grab people for an article or two if you are so inclined, but it does not get people to keep coming back for the long haul. Also, high clicks from one story does not equal "making money with ad revenue." It doesn't work that way for us.

News 6 / ClickOrlando always strives to be fair. We will report the good as well as the bad. X-Wings over Galaxy's Edge & the new must-try things at Food & Wine to the guy who lost his fingers on Pirates of the Caribbean and the guest blinded on Dueling Dragons.

No one I know wants to see Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, LEGOLand Florida, Gatorland, FunSpot, (whatever they call the wheel these days), or any other attraction to suffer or to fail. All of us who work here live in Central Florida, and the tourism industry is vital to the place we call home.

A Noble Fish

Hi Walrus!

I assure you ClickOrlando is reputable. It is an integral part of my news operation, WKMG-TV. While I am on vacation this week, I see nothing in that article I would change. Stacy was very fair in including both the frustrations and those cheering the execution.

We would not be reputable by hiding, ignoring or not reporting the operational issues. We did exactly the same with Hagrid, Antarctica, Rip Ride Rock It, Diagon Alley, and many others all the way back at least to Mission:Space. I am the first to have us point out on News 6 & ClickOrlando that these kinds of glitches often happen with ground-breaking new attractions. But not reporting the down times would do a disservice to those who want to ride and end up going to the park and not realizing why it is not open. Most people just don't know theme parks like the people on this forum,

Most of us at WKMG-TV are theme park lovers, Stacy included. Many of us have friends working in all levels of the area's parks and resorts including design, operations, management and public relations. No one I know is rooting for failure, nor looking to "get clicks" with unfair coverage. That approach can grab people for an article or two if you are so inclined, but it does not get people to keep coming back for the long haul. Also, high clicks from one story does not equal "making money with ad revenue." It doesn't work that way for us.

News 6 / ClickOrlando always strives to be fair. We will report the good as well as the bad. X-Wings over Galaxy's Edge & the new must-try things at Food & Wine to the guy who lost his fingers on Pirates of the Caribbean and the guest blinded on Dueling Dragons.

No one I know wants to see Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, LEGOLand Florida, Gatorland, FunSpot, (whatever they call the wheel these days), or any other attraction to suffer or to fail. All of us who work here live in Central Florida, and the tourism industry is vital to the place we call home.
I especially appreciate your response, and am pleased to know you guys care. Yet, if that headline itself is the best you can possibly do, it’s preventing you from the next level of journalism.

When a website like that will be viewed around the entire country or world for such a big local event, it shouldn’t start with that headline. It’s the news publication’s responsibility to no matter how big or small the issue is to be upfront. The article’s contents are fine and hold up, but it almost sounds like the headline is the first ‘bullet point’ rather than a proper appropriate title to its contents. It’s popular to do it today, but that doesn’t mean it’s what it should be.

With all do respect, it’s not dangerous to public knowledge like plenty of biased reporting today is, but it could and should be done better if what you say is true (and I believe you).

You and I both know that starting with a headline like that is more likely to grab your attention than say “WDW’s newest ride, Rise of the Resistence, opens to both technical issues and praise;” which frankly, is a far better headline to capture the full scope and fact-based reporting that was done in the article. It was a small gripe I had, and that’s all, I discussed it. Anyway, it’s a good article for the local crowd that needs up-to-the-minute reporting, but I’d take the criticism about its faults and learn from it, personally.

Last edited:

Mike S

I find only one real major problem with ROTR...some other E tickets feel not as good now 😂
For me there’s one other thing. Does anyone else feel put off by the AA Finn’s face? It just looks weird to me, like the skin is a bit loose or something.

Top Bottom