Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Joesixtoe

RotR is the most thematic ride/experience I've ever been on. Your living out a star wars mission on a star destroyer??! This ride solidified for me what disney wants GE to be, and that's to live out your star wars story in the land. As much as I want a coaster in the land, I don't see how they could? It just wouldn't fit the level of immersion they are aiming for.
Problem with RotR is people want more thrill for an escape action scene that this ride portrays itself to be. I think this land really needs it. If that drop was bigger and the flight back to batuu was more thrilling, then this would be my favorite ride easily.
It's not though.. I can think of a handful of other WDW attractions I'd probably rather ride..
that scene after the door opens though... best scene ever!!!

Mike S

RotR is the most thematic ride/experience I've ever been on. Your living out a star wars mission on a star destroyer??! This ride solidified for me what disney wants GE to be, and that's to live out your star wars story in the land. As much as I want a coaster in the land, I don't see how they could? It just wouldn't fit the level of immersion they are aiming for.
Problem with RotR is people want more thrill for an escape action scene that this ride portrays itself to be. I think this land really needs it. If that drop was bigger and the flight back to batuu was more thrilling, then this would be my favorite ride easily.
It's not though.. I can think of a handful of other WDW attractions I'd probably rather ride..
that scene after the door opens though... best scene ever!!!
Idk man. If I wasn’t desperate to finally get back to Animal Kingdom and ride FoP after I think over a year I’d be getting back to DHS to ride this even more 🤣

The boarding group thing is also holding me back a bit. Plus I’ve had 4 rides. Others deserve a chance.

MrPromey

Can't wait to check this out. From this review (which I trust way more than the other media), I hope this sets a standard for what Disney is willing to put into an attraction in Floriday when the attraction deserves it.

Two+ hour waits for something like Slinky Dog Dash and an hour wait for A-S-S kind of drive me bonkers because where else in the world would people be willing to wait that long for the experience offered on those rides?

The fact that people have been waiting for stuff like this at WDW lead me to believe that Disney may not feel they need to try so hard to keep average guests roped in.

FoP and now this tell me that they're still able and willing to step up. This even makes me a little optimistic about MMRR!

... I might even be feeling a little better about GoG going where it doesn't belong, now (not that I expect it to be on this scale)

Glad to know they still have what it takes to pull of modern day groundbreaking e-ticket attractions!

peter11435

Spider-man lacks the massive facade and intricate queue. And Indy is close with the great queue, but lacks the preshows. But I think FJ was the first to throw everything at the attraction. Massive facade, highly detailed queue, preshows, and mind blowing ride.
I’ll certainly give you that Spiderman lacks a great queue and facade but I think the attraction itself makes up for that. Indy has a great preshow in my opinion and was a perfect experience. Plus it came nearly a decade before anything else on that level.

A couple on your list don’t even have preshows.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Neat to see that FOP is still pulling 165 min lines (as of 9:50 am today) despite Rise being open... then again, I guess that's the thing with a virtual queue... you can have 8 hours of virtual queue but those guests will inevitably go elsewhere to spend the time...

RobWDW1971

I’ll certainly give you that Spiderman lacks a great queue and facade but I think the attraction itself makes up for that. Indy has a great preshow in my opinion and was a perfect experience. Plus it came nearly a decade before anything else on that level.

The ONLY thing that holds me back on Indy is the terrible, even for the time, effects in the rats, bugs, and blow dart rooms. They should have taken 1/1000th of the queue budget and actually made those rooms dimensional with effects worthy of the attraction. I hate when WDI spends money on the queue when the ride has glaring opportunities.

One of the comments I have always made about Spider Man is that I love that they spent the money on the ride and NOT the queue. Forbidden Journey is one of the few where they went all out on facade, queue, pre-show, and attraction (haven’t ridden ROTR yet).

Movielover

Spider-man lacks the massive facade and intricate queue. And Indy is close with the great queue, but lacks the preshows. But I think FJ was the first to throw everything at the attraction. Massive facade, highly detailed queue, preshows, and mind blowing ride.

Spider-Man's queue is intentionally sparse due to the theme setting of being in a comic book like the rest of the land. I agree that it could be more but it fits it's intended theme and setting.

peter11435

The ONLY thing that holds me back on Indy is the terrible, even for the time, effects in the rats, bugs, and blow dart rooms. They should have taken 1/1000th of the queue budget and actually made those rooms dimensional with effects worthy of the attraction. I hate when WDI spends money on the queue when the ride has glaring opportunities.

One of the comments I have always made about Spider Man is that I love that they spent the money on the ride and NOT the queue. Forbidden Journey is one of the few where they went all out on facade, queue, pre-show, and attraction (haven’t ridden ROTR yet).
I agree about those rooms on Indy. Definitely opportunity for improvement.

ROTR is a good example of the full package.

TTA94

So how long is this craziness going to last of needing to be at DHS at 4am to get a boarding pass? I see this only getting worse and impossible for many to get a pass once more and more guests become aware they need to plan their DHS days super early in the morning.

yeti

The First Order gets me while they’re young.

That kid, 30 years later:

HauntingWhoppingBluebird-size_restricted.gif

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So how long is this craziness going to last of needing to be at DHS at 4am to get a boarding pass? I see this only getting worse and impossible for many to get a pass once more and more guests become aware they need to plan their DHS days super early in the morning.
I wouldn’t be shocked if the madness continued through New Years at this point. As time goes on the opening day rush will wear off. People won’t be gaming the system to ride 4 and 5 times in a day and it will probably look something like FoP which still gets long waits but no crazy 4am arrivals.

donsullivan

Premium Member

While I agree that getting up before dawn is not a favorite plan of mine I'm kind of hoping this model stays around for some time. If history is any indicator, even once they flip the switch for FastPass you'll still need to be there before rope drop to have a prayer getting on board without a 3-4 hour wait. All the FP's will be gone 60 days out for resort guests so AP's and off property guests who only have access 30 days out means no FP for any of those guests. At least now, everyone is on a level playing field.

RobWDW1971

Just when I'm feeling good about ROTR and getting my mind around that I'm supposed to be "scared" by Kylo, you show me this. Darn you! Can you imagine if when you are in the holding chamber, the lights go out and all you hear is Vader's breathing before he appears above to threaten you? There would need to be a "clean pants exchange area" for guests.

yeti

Just when I'm feeling good about ROTR and getting my mind around that I'm supposed to be "scared" by Kylo, you show me this. Darn you! Can you imagine if when you are in the holding chamber, the lights go out and all you hear is Vader's breathing before he appears above to threaten you? There would need to be a "clean pants exchange area" for guests.

ROTR was allegedly designed to be reskinned to the original trilogy. If Rise of Skywalker is a stinker you might want to head to Disney Studios Paris in 2025, where I wouldn't be surprised if this ride becomes Rise of the Rebellion. I'm no insider, but I can dream.

Last edited:

Mike S

That. That right there would make this ride even better than it already is 😍
I wouldn’t be shocked if the madness continued through New Years at this point. As time goes on the opening day rush will wear off. People won’t be gaming the system to ride 4 and 5 times in a day and it will probably look something like FoP which still gets long waits but no crazy 4am arrivals.
tenor.gif

Hawg G

Spideys queue puts you inside a classic comic book. It does what it should, and gives you no clue just how Amazing the ride is going to be. I remember my first ride, and I thought the ride would be the cheap animation style shown in the preshow. As soon as Spidey jumped on my car, My jaw was hanging for 4 minutes.

Maybe this ride will do that, but it really seems to me to be a well executed Star Wars dark ride with a few neat small effects that add to the immersion. The only “new” part is that the elevator you get on
Has some sudden movement, unlike Transformers’. Everything else on it is far from mind blowing.

The Disnoids are all crying. I mean, Disney hasn’t even attempted to do something like this for decades in the US. It seems to be a ride truly deserving the E ticket moniker. But unless the POVs show something I’m not aware of, I think the “groundbreaking” talk is a bit much.

dothebrdwalk

I'm curious about timing of the ride dispatch. Do we know where about in the ride are the next vehicles dispatched? When you leave room 1, you can already see the next 2 empty vehicles being loaded in for the next riders. (Not the ones going into your room you just left, but for the next room)

mergatroid

Spideys queue puts you inside a classic comic book. It does what it should, and gives you no clue just how Amazing the ride is going to be. I remember my first ride, and I thought the ride would be the cheap animation style shown in the preshow. As soon as Spidey jumped on my car, My jaw was hanging for 4 minutes.

Maybe this ride will do that, but it really seems to me to be a well executed Star Wars dark ride with a few neat small effects that add to the immersion. The only “new” part is that the elevator you get on
Has some sudden movement, unlike Transformers’. Everything else on it is far from mind blowing.

The Disnoids are all crying. I mean, Disney hasn’t even attempted to do something like this for decades in the US. It seems to be a ride truly deserving the E ticket moniker. But unless the POVs show something I’m not aware of, I think the “groundbreaking” talk is a bit much.

Good effort :D

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
WOW! Just watched the POV of the ride! My god this amazing! Everything is so good. Even though I do not care for the sequel trilogy the ride is amazing! The AA's are perfect. Disney really outdid themselves. I still think Disney should have opened the land with Rise of the Resistance. It would've gone over better with reviewers. If this is the future of theme park rides we are in for a real treat!!!

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
If only...... I would've loved to see the ride set in the OT but I still love the ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom