Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Disneyhead'71

OR parents don't drag their kids on things the kids don't want to do. If your kid is going to be scared by a cold and stern FO officer, DON"T TAKE THEM ON THE RIDE! I have seen some great parents in my time working arractions, but I've also see A LOT of garbage selfish one ones.
I Love the parents that push their 4 year old princesses around Halloween Horror Nights in a stroller.

ToTBellHop

I Love the parents that push their 4 year old princesses around Halloween Horror Nights in a stroller.
Well that’s ridiculous, but imagine you have a 4 year old. Tall enough for Star Tours. You go on that, it’s fun, kid loves it. Then you do Smuggler’s Run. Have a blast although Timmy complains “where is da wamp?” You’ve done two Star Wars rides. Both went great. Your son loved both. Now you move on to RotR. Same height requirement as Star Tours. So, you board and your kid freaks the f out.

Are you a bad parent?

jaxonp

Well that’s ridiculous, but imagine you have a 4 year old. Tall enough for Star Tours. You go on that, it’s fun, kid loves it. Then you do Smuggler’s Run. Have a blast although Timmy complains “where is da wamp?” You’ve done two Star Wars rides. Both went great. Your son loved both. Now you move on to RotR. Same height requirement as Star Tours. So, you board and your kid freaks the f out.

Are you a bad parent?
HHN needs to be 21 and up.

Mickeyboof

The most simplified way is to just not have kids!

Rise of the Resistance is a more mature ride, albeit a rather low height requirement.

...can kids even see into the cockpit on the transport pre-show???

Disneyhead'71

Are you a bad parent?
Well I felt like a bad parent once in a similar situation. We spent 3 days at DLR. I was introducing my 5 year old daughter to roller coasters. We started with gadgets then Matterhorn, then big thunder, then space mtn., then finally Screamin'. She loved them all. On day 4 we went to Knott's. She got off GhostRider white as a sheet and shaking. I felt bad. But later in the day she wanted to do it again and loved it the second time.

Kids are weird.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Are you a bad parent?
...or if your kid is tall for his age and loves dinosaurs and meets the dinosaur ride height requirement and you bring them on the ride because you haven’t ridden it in years and you forgot just how frightening it could be. That one cost me in the gift shop afterwards;)

My younger son who is mostly fearless did rides like ToT, EE and Dinosaur no problem when he was 5 but was scared of the witch at the end of Mine Train. Saw a YouTube video and refused to get on the ride. You never know what will set a kid off.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The most simplified way is to just not have kids!

Rise of the Resistance is a more mature ride, albeit a rather low height requirement.

...can kids even see into the cockpit on the transport pre-show???
My youngest is about the same height as my wife and the oldest is a few inches taller so if anyone gets left out for height it would be my wife;)

If they really wanted to make this a mature ride they would throw in a bar or at least a drink cart when you get off the transport in the hangar. You just had a rough flight including getting caught in a tractor beam. At that point you could definitely use a cold one. While they are at it they could probably also add in Princess Leia in the gold bikini from Jabba's Palace...or are we not talking about that kind of mature;). Maybe that’s an up sell at the Star Wars Resort.

Mike S

My youngest is about the same height as my wife and the oldest is a few inches taller so if anyone gets left out for height it would be my wife;)

If they really wanted to make this a mature ride they would throw in a bar or at least a drink cart when you get off the transport in the hangar. You just had a rough flight including getting caught in a tractor beam. At that point you could definitely use a cold one. While they are at it they could probably also add in Princess Leia in the gold bikini from Jabba's Palace...or are we not talking about that kind of mature;). Maybe that’s an up sell at the Star Wars Resort.
That’d make for an interesting ride indeed ;)

ToTBellHop

Well I felt like a bad parent once in a similar situation. We spent 3 days at DLR. I was introducing my 5 year old daughter to roller coasters. We started with gadgets then Matterhorn, then big thunder, then space mtn., then finally Screamin'. She loved them all. On day 4 we went to Knott's. She got off GhostRider white as a sheet and shaking. I felt bad. But later in the day she wanted to do it again and loved it the second time.

Kids are weird.
...or if your kid is tall for his age and loves dinosaurs and meets the dinosaur ride height requirement and you bring them on the ride because you haven’t ridden it in years and you forgot just how frightening it could be. That one cost me in the gift shop afterwards;)

My younger son who is mostly fearless did rides like ToT, EE and Dinosaur no problem when he was 5 but was scared of the witch at the end of Mine Train. Saw a YouTube video and refused to get on the ride. You never know what will set a kid off.
With this in mind, I give people some slack when their kids are flipping out. Everyone with kids has been there, and it sucks. But parents are human, spent a lot of money to bring their kids to the magic, and want to experience as much as they can with their kids. Without knowledge of what a ride entails, most assume “if my kid is tall enough, he’s ready.” That’s why sometimes height requirements are more about whether a child is ready than risk of injury. See SGE.

We‘ve taken the ToT express elevator many times lol. Some times they’d feel brave but once they got to the boiler room, “nope!” Finally past that now...

tirian

@Mike S @GoofGoof @MansionButler84 So...do we agree that now that Disney has purchased Fox, DHS needs a new Alien Encounter with the actual Alien? Then kids can shriek at that again. :D

Back to ROTR, Westsider has been posting some great behind-the-scenes info at the Happy DL Forums. He/She/It is a legit source of info, and claims even though the attraction was NOT ready to open, the downtimes have been minimized because Disney has doubled the staffing for the attraction. Apparently, there are CMs hanging out in a break room, waiting for the attraction to 101 so they can quickly evac Guests and reset the ride. If this is really how they’re operating the ride until WDI works out the kinks, I’m impressed.

ToTBellHop

@Mike S @GoofGoof @MansionButler84 So...do we agree that now that Disney has purchased Fox, DHS needs a new Alien Encounter with the actual Alien? Then kids can shriek at that again. :D

Back to ROTR, Westsider has been posting some great behind-the-scenes info at the Happy DL Forums. He/She/It is a legit source of info, and claims even though the attraction was NOT ready to open, the downtimes have been minimized because Disney has doubled the staffing for the attraction. Apparently, there are CMs hanging out in a break room, waiting for the attraction to 101 so they can quickly evac Guests and reset the ride. If this is really how they’re operating the ride until WDI works out the kinks, I’m impressed.
True.

Mike S

That’s amazing if true.

And yes, bring back the Xenomorph!!!

...Predator can come too 😉

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I’d love a redo of AE with an actual scary Alien. I know it will never happen, but that ride was terrifying to me even as a grown adult. Really fun.

I did see the same thing posted about the extra CMs. It’s how things should always be, but rarely are anymore. I just hope all the kinks can be worked out so the ride doesn’t have to be permanently changed. They can’t/won’t keep extra staff forever.

Disneyhead'71

I feel like Indy and Spiderman were in that class long before Forbidden Journey.
Spider-man lacks the massive facade and intricate queue. And Indy is close with the great queue, but lacks the preshows. But I think FJ was the first to throw everything at the attraction. Massive facade, highly detailed queue, preshows, and mind blowing ride.

Last edited:

Mike S

Spider-man lack the massive facade and intricate queue. And Indy is close with the great queue, but lacks the preshows. But I think FJ was the first to throw everything at the attraction. Massive facade, highly detailed queue, preshows, and mind blowing ride.
It’s only one room but I think Indy’s newsreel does a pretty good job for what it wanted to accomplish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom