Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

ChewbaccaYourMum

I wouldn’t be shocked if the madness continued through New Years at this point. As time goes on the opening day rush will wear off. People won’t be gaming the system to ride 4 and 5 times in a day and it will probably look something like FoP which still gets long waits but no crazy 4am arrivals.
Please explain to me how I'm gaming the system? I got there early on Saturday. Got my boarding pass like I'm supposed to, got evacuated and based on how Disney wants to handle that situation, got my fastpasses. I got evacuated again when trying to ride for the second time, and got fast passes again. So am I not supposed to use them? It sounds like the way you're saying "gaming the system" like I'm doing something wrong...

SpectroMagician

The name doesn't really make sense. "Rise" of the Resistance? What are they doing to rise?

Again we see a completely incompetent Hux and Ren, which makes us wonder how the heck they ever came to power. Especially since we have gotten ZERO backstory on how the New Republic died and the First Order was able to take over.

Let us all hope they throw these terrible stories out of cannon and re-brand this ride as "Rise of the Rebellion".

disneygeek90

The name doesn't really make sense. "Rise" of the Resistance? What are they doing to rise?

Again we see a completely incompetent Hux and Ren, which makes us wonder how the heck they ever came to power. Especially since we have gotten ZERO backstory on how the New Republic died and the First Order was able to take over.

Let us all hope they throw these terrible stories out of cannon and re-brand this ride as "Rise of the Rebellion".
You opened this post saying that "rise" doesn't make sense, but then included "rise" in your new name proposal.... huh?

Ismael Flores

In the same vein, it’s unlikely Disney would be giving out free tickets if it wasn’t for the good publicity they would receive.

Its interesting that this thing about the tickets keeps coming up as if it was the first time Disney has done this.
Disney has always compensated people by giving them tickets and or fast pass depending on the situation. i have seen this done in multiple cases in both coasts and its all about customer service which is something Disney known for.

Last edited:

itsmagical

I tried to search this thread but couldn’t get the search function to work properly, so I apologize if this has already been asked but what’s the thought for larger guests?

I have been on FOP six times, 3 times I had to make the walk of shame off and 3 times I enjoyed the ride. I know this is obviously much different but I didn’t hear someone say it’s a little snug. Just looking for another opinion 🙂

Mike S

Please explain to me how I'm gaming the system? I got there early on Saturday. Got my boarding pass like I'm supposed to, got evacuated and based on how Disney wants to handle that situation, got my fastpasses. I got evacuated again when trying to ride for the second time, and got fast passes again. So am I not supposed to use them? It sounds like the way you're saying "gaming the system" like I'm doing something wrong...
Yeah, we didn’t do anything wrong.

Actually I got the feeling the way they behaved was closer to how they are in TFA rather than TLJ.

I liked that. Hux was turned into a freaking joke. Kylo too.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Does the ride vehicle ever get "hit" by a blaster?
A physical change in vehicle motion alluding to impact or with a visual cue like a puff of smoke?

disneygeek90

I tried to search this thread but couldn’t get the search function to work properly, so I apologize if this has already been asked but what’s the thought for larger guests?

I have been on FOP six times, 3 times I had to make the walk of shame off and 3 times I enjoyed the ride. I know this is obviously much different but I didn’t hear someone say it’s a little snug. Just looking for another opinion 🙂
It's a personal seat belt (a la Dinosaur or Star Tours). I don't think it should be a problem.

ToTBellHop

They are literally rising into space so shove it. You can take your complaints to the Disneyland forum. Here in the WDW forum, we like everything except green milk.

Mike S

They hit the vehicle, not you.
I don’t remember anything suggesting our vehicle got hit. I remember the walls and AT ATs getting hit though.
They are literally rising into space so shove it. You can take your complaints to the Disneyland forum. Here in the WDW forum, we like everything except green milk.
True that 🤣

I will NEVER buy the Green Milk.
tumblr_nte3lgkFFB1ub6fvso3_500.gifv

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, about those laser blasts shown in the promo footage....

An exaggeration for marketing purposes (like the saber through the ceiling)? An effect planned but cut for budget? Or an effect that is actually built in to the current attraction, but not "turned on" due to not working as envisioned?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom