News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I mean, the theater was getting in pretty stale shape, so MAYBE it is going to recieve some decent upgrades. I still think it's a bad idea though. Frozen was one thing as it was a massive hit due to its music and it was quite recent. I don't see the same kind of traffic for this one happening

Bocabear

What is the sudden push for B&TB anyway? The ridiculous Grand Floridian lounge, and this crappy sing along to water down the concept that France is a real place..They are getting RAT which I think is a great idea because it takes place in a real representation of France, not a storybook world... I would be more interested in seeing something done with Coco in Mexico rather than wasting the dollars to make this stupid thing... How about an attraction in Italy ,Morocco, or Japan...these pavilions have never had any sort of attraction...so rather than ruin an existing attraction, add something new where it is more warranted.... Attraction count needs to go up....

ImperfectPixie

What is the sudden push for B&TB anyway? The ridiculous Grand Floridian lounge, and this crappy sing along to water down the concept that France is a real place..They are getting RAT which I think is a great idea because it takes place in a real representation of France, not a storybook world... I would be more interested in seeing something done with Coco in Mexico rather than wasting the dollars to make this stupid thing... How about an attraction in Italy ,Morocco, or Japan...these pavilions have never had any sort of attraction...so rather than ruin an existing attraction, add something new where it is more warranted.... Attraction count needs to go up....
It does seem like they're pushing the Renaissance films a lot - to the point where I'm really sick of them even though I used to love them.

RoysCabin

It does seem like they're pushing the Renaissance films a lot - to the point where I'm really sick of them even though I used to love them.

That's going to get even worse when the Little Mermaid live action film gets closer to release. But yeah, it hit me how tired I've gotten of them when I heard EPCOT Forever closing with Whole New World. Just...please stop, Disney. We all understand corporate synergy, but there's a line you've stepped over where it feels more like "we're aggressively selling something to you every waking minute you're here", and it's exhausting.

ImperfectPixie

That's going to get even worse when the Little Mermaid live action film gets closer to release. But yeah, it hit me how tired I've gotten of them when I heard EPCOT Forever closing with Whole New World. Just...please stop, Disney. We all understand corporate synergy, but there's a line you've stepped over where it feels more like "we're aggressively selling something to you every waking minute you're here", and it's exhausting.
AMEN. That's EXACTLY how it feels.

UNCgolf

The Renaissance film children are adult spenders.

The Renaissance films are still at or near the top of the list of my favorite Disney films, but they haven't leveraged them in a way I care about. I ate at Be Our Guest and it was neat, but I don't really have the desire to go back. The lounge at Grand Floridian looks terrible (and out of place), and I do not care about a sing-a-long in France (also out of place). The Little Mermaid ride is not remotely impressive and is very short, and Aladdin only has what is basically an off the shelf spinner. I've heard the Lion King stage show is great, but I've never actually seen it (although I'm planning to in January), so that may be an exception. The BatB ride they're building in Tokyo looks tremendous and I wish that had been in New Fantasyland instead of anything else that's there.

HauntedMansionFLA

Coco got cut from Mexico’s entertainment. He’s not that popular with the boss

Chris767

What is the sudden push for B&TB anyway? The ridiculous Grand Floridian lounge, and this crappy sing along to water down the concept that France is a real place..They are getting RAT which I think is a great idea because it takes place in a real representation of France, not a storybook world... I would be more interested in seeing something done with Coco in Mexico rather than wasting the dollars to make this stupid thing... How about an attraction in Italy ,Morocco, or Japan

A Totoro/ Studio Ghibli attraction!!! 😍

Epcot82Guy

A Totoro/ Studio Ghibli attraction!!! 😍

I would have loved that.

And, that could been a wonderful way to incorporate IP. A showcase of his work of some type! (I'm sure they don't have the distribution rights needed - but I'm pretty sure that would have drive some merch. And in a very Japan-focused way.)

Chris767

I would have loved that.

And, that could been a wonderful way to incorporate IP. A showcase of his work of some type! (I'm sure they don't have the distribution rights needed - but I'm pretty sure that would have drive some merch. And in a very Japan-focused way.)

Disney distributes all the Studio Ghibli films in the U.S. so it’s not impossible. Though I haven’t seen much come out of ghibli and be real popular here in a long time since those classics, just thought it would be a real neat IP that is merch heavy too

Epcot82Guy

Disney distributes all the Studio Ghibli films in the U.S. so it’s not impossible. Though I haven’t seen much come out of ghibli and be real popular here in a long time since those classics, just thought it would be a real neat IP that is merch heavy too

Right! I should have clarified - I'm guessing they didn't get the product and theme park rights for the US with their distribution deal. The ironic part is you can get merch in Epcot, but only at the Japan pavilion via Mitsukoshi.

As popular as some of that stuff is - without really any presence in WDW - that's always surprised me as an untapped resource. So, I always assumed the contract/distribution terms made it less appealing to Glendale.

Figments Friend

Enjoyed a showing of 'Impressions de France' two days ago, and it looked fantastic.
It's been about six years since i last saw it in-house.
Loved the beautiful picture quality upgrade, and the sound system was definitely 'happening'.

After seeing the film again, i am reminded of how stupid a idea this is to rotate it with a Beauty & the Beast 'sing along' offering.

Why on Earth would one want to alternate the showings of the work of art that is 'Impressions...' with a dopey 'sing along' ...?
( puzzled...)

:bored:

-

Smooth

IMG_0258.JPG

DisneyDreamerxyz

if they are modeling this show after the Frozen Sing-A-Long at Studios, I wonder if there will be hosts as well? and some in-theatre elements like the snow in Frozen. Not sure what they could do for the songs in Beauty and the Beast, maybe some cool laser work to set the mood in certain scenes. I think it will be very popular, BATB has the best songs out of the 90s films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom