The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Another year.. Another close second.. to his best friend.

So crazy!! I told T that he can’t be upset, he has to show good sportsmanship even in disappointment.

View attachment 412424

View attachment 412423

Look at his face. :(. Second out of 25 is still good!! He needs to be proud of himself and happy for his friend. He said he did tell him “good job” and gave him a high five.. “but I needed to be mad for a moment first, mom. I can’t help it. I just want to win!”

Competitiveness is a good thing.. but putting too much pressure to always win, pouting win lose...that’s not a good thing. This kid is going to have frown lines by the time he’s 15.

View attachment 412421
Great job T! I cannot believe it has been a year since the last race. Is T’s friend a bit taller? Maybe that is why he wins? Longer legs?

21stamps

Great job T! I cannot believe it has been a year since the last race. Is T’s friend a bit taller? Maybe that is why he wins? Longer legs?

No, T is taller!!! Not sure if you remember my previous posts from a year or so ago.. but T’s running mechanics have been off for a couple of years now. He’s still fast, but not as fast as we was prior to a huge growth spurt.
He shot up so quickly, and his feet got so much bigger- He’s in a size 6 shoe now!!!, went from size 3.5 to 5, skipped 4 altogether, went to 5.5 in a matter of 3 months, then went to a size 6 a few months after that. He’s growing like a weed! It’s like his body doesn’t know how to react to the growth, and his running form is suffering the consequences. Also doesn’t help that he NEVER stretches enough. I keep telling him that he’s going to get a serious injury if he doesn’t start stretching more.

He went to a personal trainer to work on it last winter, for 10 weeks...it helped some, but I don’t really think it was worth the money. We’ll do it again at 11 if he’s still having issues with his form/speed. That’s the age where I think it matters more. He may just figure it out on his own before then.

MySmallWorldof4

No, T is taller!!! Not sure if you remember my previous posts from a year or so ago.. but T’s running mechanics have been off for a couple of years now. He’s still fast, but not as fast as we was prior to a huge growth spurt.
He shot up so quickly, and his feet got so much bigger- He’s in a size 6 shoe now!!!, went from size 3.5 to 5, skipped 4 altogether, went to 5.5 in a matter of 3 months, then went to a size 6 a few months after that. He’s growing like a weed! It’s like his body doesn’t know how to react to the growth, and his running form is suffering the consequences. Also doesn’t help that he NEVER stretches enough. I keep telling him that he’s going to get a serious injury if he doesn’t start stretching more.

He went to a personal trainer to work on it last winter, for 10 weeks...it helped some, but I don’t really think it was worth the money. We’ll do it again at 11 if he’s still having issues with his form/speed. That’s the age where I think it matters more. He may just figure it out on his own before then.
Yeah, a massive growth spurt will throw off coordination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom