The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Kitties are so cute!! :inlove:

Meanwhile, my dog is driving me nuts (which he tends to do on most days). I'm sitting at a desk upstairs with the door closed (to keep the a/c/ on in here). Scratch, scratch on door -- dog wants to come in. Open door and let him in . One minute later, dog stands at door and wants to go out. I let him out. A minute later, scratch, scratch at door -- wants to come in. So, I let him in with a warning -- "if you come in here, you're staying." One minute later, dog stands by door and wants to go out. :facepalm: :banghead:
Are you sure he's a dog? Because that sounds more like a cat.

21stamps

Another year.. Another close second.. to his best friend.

So crazy!! I told T that he can’t be upset, he has to show good sportsmanship even in disappointment.

3BB3D85A-88DA-4328-B209-C0446935895C.jpeg

59ED70CD-2114-466D-A572-A6628737D155.jpeg

Look at his face. :(. Second out of 25 is still good!! He needs to be proud of himself and happy for his friend. He said he did tell him “good job” and gave him a high five.. “but I needed to be mad for a moment first, mom. I can’t help it. I just want to win!”

Competitiveness is a good thing.. but putting too much pressure to always win, pouting win lose...that’s not a good thing. This kid is going to have frown lines by the time he’s 15.

797291D0-7AB8-4003-8756-11778521CE85.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hubs and I went to see the new Downton Abbey movie last night. It was highly enjoyable. If you liked the tv series then you will like the movie. 🙂

O.k. I've been wondering -- if you haven't seen the TV series (I haven't, but it looks interesting), does it make any sense to see the movie? I mean, do you have to know the background, characters, etc. before you go?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Competitiveness is a good thing.. but putting too much pressure to always win, pouting win lose...that’s not a good thing.

Competitiveness within reason is good. Not placing first isn't bad -- heck, he's # 2 out of 25 kids -- that's pretty impressive, I think. I hope he realizes that. He can always try again in another competition. As long as he's having fun in the sport, that's the most important thing.

This kid is going to have frown lines by the time he’s 15.

Not necessarily -- there's a number of years left, before he turns 15. He may surprise himself! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anniversary day for us! Going out to eat and shop.😎

Hey, food and buying stuff -- that sounds like fun!! :happy:

Happy anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Boomer!

For your gift, I bought this personalized anniversary cutting board, because it was cute. (Oh, feel free to disregard the date and the names -- got it at a yard sale this morning, and it was very reasonably priced. ) :p

21stamps

Competitiveness within reason is good. Not placing first isn't bad -- heck, he's # 2 out of 25 kids -- that's pretty impressive, I think. I hope he realizes that. He can always try again in another competition. As long as he's having fun in the sport, that's the most important thing.

Not necessarily -- there's a number of years left, before he turns 15. He may surprise himself! :)

This is the 3rd time that he has come in second place in this race, by inches. Winner gets a $10 Graeters gift card and a medal.

I think it’s more ego than the gift card of why he wants it so fiercely. Every year he says “I’m going to win this year!”..he woke up earlier than usual this morning, before I was awake! Got totally dressed, then came and woke me up and said “I feel it Mom, I’m not going to look to the side, I’m just going to run the race and come in first. Can you make me a healthy breakfast? I need to be on point.” 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom