The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

The Czech Republic (Czechoslovakia)...the Motherland...!!!!! :happy:;)
I’ve posted before that we have relatives in Prague, my parents speak fluent Czech, and they’ve visited there 3 times in recent years.
Awesome about DS and the Bohemian jazz festival...!!! :)

Oh, I remember the drivers ed days...!!! :cyclops:;)
And, cool about your DDs tickets to Summerfest...!!! :)

The UP...?
The only thing I can think of (besides the movie ;)) is Michigan’s Upper Penninsula...? 🤔
Anyway, hope y’all have a fun and relaxing time...!!!!! :happy::)
That is correct! All the way up to the Upper Peninsula. Then I can relax. Or just grocery shop and cook. Do dishes, and repeat.

MouseDreaming

It was a lot better yesterday. Still hot, but not unbearable. And I don't have to work today because DS has the day off of school and we are taking the opportunity to go to Amsterdam to pick up my new passport. Temps aren't bad today, but it's supposed to be back up around 90 again tomorrow. Thankfully, I don't have to work this weekend. And then it's supposed to cool off again by Monday, so I should be ok. Only a few weeks and I'm in Disney!! (when I called to book magical express for my brother yesterday, the CM said "We'll see you in 23 days!")
Just 23? EEK!!!!! Watch it fly by!

Songbird76

@Songbird76 I don't know if you've heard but your B&C ADR is safe the refurb got pushed until the end of August
Yes, I saw that, but ours was fine anyway...it was a couple of days before they were set to close, so I didn't bother to move it. I figure if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but it should be fine. I need to cancel one of the via napoli ADRs though. (they couldn't accommodate our whole group at one table, so we had to do 2 ADRs, but now my brother's in-laws aren't coming, and that's my brother's family's departure day, so I can just cancel the second ADR)

21stamps

Had a team meeting for soccer last night, our coach was let go, now we have a new one.

I feel bad but am ok with it to an extent. T is upset. He’s like “can we just get one coach and stick with them??” This is our 3rd coaching change in 3 years. The kids will develop better if they stay with one coach, hopefully this is the last.

Also, we have 2 in-town tourney during the Fall, and two out of town tourneys in October. These are going to keep increasing with age. I need to prepare myself.lol

Lastly, our new coach wants us to compete in a 3v3 series of tournaments, with Disney World being the last one. I said no. T and I both love 3v3.. BUT..
I have ZERO interest in going to Disney for a soccer tournament at this age. Maybe later on.

21stamps

We have less than a month of a break from sports, coach also said we are going to start practice mid July instead of early August (T will be on vacay and miss at least two practices, I didn’t expect the early start).

We still haven’t been to Kings Island, and it looks like another wasted year of paying for platinum passes, we’ll be lucky if we even make it to Cedar Point one time.

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that our many last minute outings and our many fun spur of the moment out of town weekends days are gone. :(
He loves sports, and I can’t quit my job, so it is what it is.

Songbird76

We don't have twist ties at all on our bread here. We have the plastic thingies everyone on here seems to hate, but that I prefer over the OTHER kind we have:
65910194_342578229974175_8546507812597923840_n.jpg

These wrap around the twisted part of the bag, but you can never get them to close tightly after you've opened them, and they are really sharp at the edges, so you have to be careful. I'll take the plastic square with the opening any day over these.

Songbird76

The tabs are better, but, there is a system. You grab the top (opening) on the item, take a second to work as much air out of the bag as possible. Hold the top with your left hand and spin the item with your right Get the twist as tight as you can and place the "yellow thingy" on the very tight twist as close to the item as possible. Let go of the bag and the twist will try and open up, but, only succeed in making the closure tighter. I keep hamburg rolls, hot dog rolls, Italian and Rye bread and bagels in the refrigerator for weeks with no spoilage and instant freshness. If it starts to get a little dry, 8 seconds in the microwave will make it soft and fresh again, but, you usually don't need to do that. The secret actually is the tightness of the twist.
Or if you are left handed, you can hold with your right hand and spin with your left. ;)

Rista1313

We don't have twist ties at all on our bread here. We have the plastic thingies everyone on here seems to hate, but that I prefer over the OTHER kind we have:
View attachment 384845

These wrap around the twisted part of the bag, but you can never get them to close tightly after you've opened them, and they are really sharp at the edges, so you have to be careful. I'll take the plastic square with the opening any day over these.
Oh yeah.. we get those on some of our bags of candy at Aldi. Sometimes Aldi special pasta too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom