The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

I heard of him although I never were a fan of him. I'm old enough to remember hammer pants.

He did show up during the Summer in Wisconsin in the past, but he's not performing at Summerfest or the Wisconsin State Fair this year. M.C. Hammer did play at Wisconsin State Fair in 2011

Summerfest is a well known music festival in Milwaukee and it is happening from June 26th- to July 7th. Summerfest in general is known as one of the biggest music festivals in our county.

Keep in mind that Summerfest is not running on July 4th. This music festival gets over 800 bands in 11 days.

Here is a link to the lineup of Summerfest:

I have no plans of going to Summerfest this year. It has been many years since the last time I went. I have no plans of going back there in my life.
Never say never. I haven't been in ages. The last time I went, it was the full week, 4th of July, included. This year, DH and I are making the trek so DS and her friend can go see the main stage act. DH and I will probably just wander about and catch a little music here, and a little there.

StarWarsGirl

My day in a nutshell
tenor.gif

donaldtoo

My kids are definitely having a more interesting summer. I am mostly just freaking out, as DS leaves for Europe soon. They are traveling to Germany, Austria, Poland, and the Czech Republic. I never knew CR has a huge jazz festival, Bohemian Jazz Festival, that goes through different cities. They are playing three cities as the headliners. But first, they have a gig at Pheasant Run. He is playing with the band, and his combo.

DD is getting ready for her first day of Driver's Ed. She is excited about going to Summerfest, soon. DH and I bought her ticket so she and a friend will enjoy Billie Eilish, while we walk about and sample some music from all of the different stages.

Once DS returns, we head Up North, to the UP for a bit to relax and unwind.

The Czech Republic (Czechoslovakia)...the Motherland...!!!!! :happy:;)
I’ve posted before that we have relatives in Prague, my parents speak fluent Czech, and they’ve visited there 3 times in recent years.
Awesome about DS and the Bohemian jazz festival...!!! :)

Oh, I remember the drivers ed days...!!! :cyclops:;)
And, cool about your DDs tickets to Summerfest...!!! :)

The UP...?
The only thing I can think of (besides the movie ;)) is Michigan’s Upper Penninsula...? 🤔
Anyway, hope y’all have a fun and relaxing time...!!!!! :happy::)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I hope this helps. All I know about construction, remodeling, etc., is that it makes a lot of dust all over the place. As a kid, I remember my mother doing a deep clean after the kitchen was remodeled.

With your asthma, it must be a real issue; and hopefully, the air will clear sufficiently today. I had to laugh about Belle -- she's testing out the new HEPA filter to make sure it's o.k. for you. She thinks it's her duty! :joyfull:

I remember when they added the new shoplifting (aka “shrinkage”) security system to our Disney Store, that involved us attaching sensors (that only CMs could easily remove) to any product priced at $25 or above. Since the whole storefront was wide open (closed at night by 2 metal-framed plexiglass accordion gates that slid from either side and locked in the middle), they had to tear up the entire middle portion of the black and white tile entrance strip to install the sensor strips.
It took 3 overnight visits (they would work on one section per night the first 2 nights, and would cone off what they were still working on so we could keep the Store open, and finish installing the final strips and tile the 3rd night) from a construction crew to complete the job, and Disney hired a security guard to keep an eye on everything during the night/early morning.
The construction crew put up plastic tarps on either side of the tile strip from side to side and floor to ceiling and worked in between them.
When I came in to open the Store the next morning after the first night, every bit of product had a very noticeable thin coating of dust on it...my jaw dropped. Obviously, the tarps didn’t work as well as we were assured they would... :facepalm::bored:
I made a quick call to the SM to inform her of the situation (as she was closing the Store that night), and told her that we would get as much cleanup done as possible before her shift. She said to just do as much as we could, when we could, between attending to Guests, and she and the other closers would try to get to all the rest.
Fortunately, this work was all scheduled on weekdays about a month after the Holidays so the Store wasn’t packed and we could get a lot of cleaning done.
We did what we could to cover product the second night of them still tearing up tile, but, the dust still found its way onto a lot of product. The third night was no problem, as they finished installing the strips and reinstalling tile.
But, boy howdy, what a few days that was at the ol’ Disney Store...just more great memories of the DS and my time as a CM there...Good times...!!!!! :happy::D:hilarious:;):)

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
What anoth
I thought I would post a few pictures from the day today while we were waiting for World of Color to start. The new Inside Out attraction had a soft open today but by the time we got over there tonight there weren’t running it anymore but it looked cool.
View attachment 384752View attachment 384753View attachment 384754View attachment 384755View attachment 384756View attachment 384757View attachment 384758View attachment 384759View attachment 384760View attachment 384761
what an awesome Cali trip. We did similar several years ago. Spent time at Disneyland and traveling various areas of Cali from zoos to trees, LA and Hollywood and staying in Newport for some chill time. We ended with 5 final days at Disneyland before coming home. A trip that will always be remembered.

My first trip was to Disneyland at 18 months old. I remember nothing beyond my Moms memories of the fantastic time she had sharing Disney with me. My first trip to Disney was about the memories she built for herself in a place she loved and shared. I credit her with my love of Disneyland as there was not a WDW yet. She instilled a place for family time that I will always be grateful for a torch I passed into my family. I love that you and your Hubby have this too. The smiles on your faces tell the story.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well turns out kitty hurt is foot...it doesn't look broke, but he doesn't like us to touch it...he's putting a tiny bit of weight on it... so I'm thinking he got bit by something... dog or bug. Don't see puncture wounds... but you can see it's swollen a little.

It doesn't help that everyone thinks it's the 4th of july already =/

I mowed the front yard Tuesday and the backyard tonight.... that's one thing I miss having one of the kiddos around for.
One of the very few chores I never participated in. Likely easier then some of the snow I removed but nope never took that on. No regrets. I

Songbird76

That's much worse than I experienced. We were fine.
I hope you have more favorable conditions today...or if not today, at least soon.;)
It was a lot better yesterday. Still hot, but not unbearable. And I don't have to work today because DS has the day off of school and we are taking the opportunity to go to Amsterdam to pick up my new passport. Temps aren't bad today, but it's supposed to be back up around 90 again tomorrow. Thankfully, I don't have to work this weekend. And then it's supposed to cool off again by Monday, so I should be ok. Only a few weeks and I'm in Disney!! (when I called to book magical express for my brother yesterday, the CM said "We'll see you in 23 days!")

Songbird76

Very fun news and such an incredible surprise!
I will for sure post a couple of photos from Singapore and then eventually from Batam Indonesia.
Especially in Indonesia I'm sure there will be times when my wife is speaking to others in their native tongue (the language there is called "Bahasa") and during those moments I will feel left out.
With free data I can entertain myself during the moments that I have no idea what everyone is sayingo_O
I should point out that my 7 year old Indonesian niece was given a certificate for learning English the best when compared to all the 2nd graders in her school. She and I have done Facebook messenger chats in English now and then. We are both looking forward to seeing each other face to face for the first time. :)
Does your daughter also speak Bahasa? I've caught a lot of flack from certain people over here for speaking English to my kids, because "You're in the Netherlands now. We speak Dutch!" :rolleyes: Well, I'm still American, and all my family lives in the US, and not one of them speaks Dutch, but they all want to be able to talk to my kids, too. Plus, all kids in the Netherlands are required to learn English eventually anyway....why SHOULDN'T I give them every opportunity to learn it proficiently? Not to mention the benefits of being bilingual. Studies show that kids who grow up speaking more than one language fluently have a huge advantage. They start off in school with a bit of a problem with vocabulary, because schools only test the vocabulary in one language, but they usually make that up fairly quickly, and then surpass their peers, because they have a certain part of their brain stimulated by the second language that other kids don't have. And whatever that is gives them a sort of natural defense against dementia later in life, so they are less likely to suffer from that. I'm pretty sure that at least part of the reason my kids do so well in school is because they are bilingual. Both of them started of with low vocabulary scores in kindergarten, but they read before any of their classmates, and by first grade, they were getting advanced/extra work in language, math, and reading, and they both scored in the top 5% of kids in the nation on their exams. So there's every reason to teach them a 2nd language, and not really a good reason not to. The only reason not to (besides just not wanting to) is so you don't offend ignorant people who are just ticked off because they can't understand that language, and not doing something that's good for you because someone else doesn't like it is not a good reason to not do it. If you don't want to, that's a different story...to each his own. But I'm so glad I didn't listen to those people who told me I should only speak Dutch to my kids....they are so much better off for having learned 2 languages!

Songbird76

We read The Diary of Anne Frank as well, but, not in History, instead it was Literature.
Yes, ours was for English class, but our English teacher and our social studies teacher did a lot of coordinating with lessons. We did a Civil War project that counted for both classes, and when we were learning about slavery in History, we were reading books like Tom Sawyer in English, and we watched Roots. Then senior year, we had to do a research paper and presentation about an Educational, Social, or Political subject....20 pages, and a 20 minute presentation to a panel of judges, including the English teacher, Social Studies teacher, and a community member. We had the entire school year to work on it and made several trips to the next town over to their library to get sources of information, etc. So those two classes worked closely together....actually a pretty great system. So we read The Diary of Anne Frank in English class while we learned about the Holocaust/WWII, and we watched The Holocaust.

SteveBrickNJ

Does your daughter also speak Bahasa? I've caught a lot of flack from certain people over here for speaking English to my kids, because "You're in the Netherlands now. We speak Dutch!" :rolleyes: Well, I'm still American, and all my family lives in the US, and not one of them speaks Dutch, but they all want to be able to talk to my kids, too. Plus, all kids in the Netherlands are required to learn English eventually anyway....why SHOULDN'T I give them every opportunity to learn it proficiently? Not to mention the benefits of being bilingual. Studies show that kids who grow up speaking more than one language fluently have a huge advantage. They start off in school with a bit of a problem with vocabulary, because schools only test the vocabulary in one language, but they usually make that up fairly quickly, and then surpass their peers, because they have a certain part of their brain stimulated by the second language that other kids don't have. And whatever that is gives them a sort of natural defense against dementia later in life, so they are less likely to suffer from that. I'm pretty sure that at least part of the reason my kids do so well in school is because they are bilingual. Both of them started of with low vocabulary scores in kindergarten, but they read before any of their classmates, and by first grade, they were getting advanced/extra work in language, math, and reading, and they both scored in the top 5% of kids in the nation on their exams. So there's every reason to teach them a 2nd language, and not really a good reason not to. The only reason not to (besides just not wanting to) is so you don't offend ignorant people who are just ticked off because they can't understand that language, and not doing something that's good for you because someone else doesn't like it is not a good reason to not do it. If you don't want to, that's a different story...to each his own. But I'm so glad I didn't listen to those people who told me I should only speak Dutch to my kids....they are so much better off for having learned 2 languages!
I wish I could report to you that my daughter could speak her mom's original language as well as English....but that would not be truthful. My daughter speaks to her mom only in English. (Same with me)

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Quick rant:

I am a goth, more specifically corp goth. Yes, I wear black all the time. Dyed my blonde hair black (facial piercings/tattoos/work in a cubicle) and am an introvert and get seriously zoned out at work, so I really don't socialize...at all.

Ya know what gets to me is when people comment that I am quiet. I have heard that all my life. Know why I am quiet is because I don't really have anything to say 95% of the time.:arghh:

Grrrr. I type text more than I will every say in my lifetime. :hilarious:

That is all. I needed to vent because that just happened.

Also, this forum has saved my sanity during slow days here.:cautious:
Speak up I can't hear you typing;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom