The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I still remember watching that film in grade school. Why did they think it was a good idea to show us that?

Yea, that just seems a bit messed up based on some legend, especially at that age.
I still remember watching the “blood on the highway” films in drivers ed in HS, though...talk about some beyond nasty stuff...they could never get away with that these days, but, it sure made me think...it wasn’t a “reality” show, it WAS reality.

donaldtoo

Amazing, I was stationed in Denver for training. We used to drive up to the top of Lookout Mountain. There was a small club there, if the legend was correct, the place where Janice Joplin started out. We'd tank up and head back down the mountain. Like most mountain roads in Colorado there were no guardrail and were made up of winding twisting roads all the way down. You could see scattered car parts all down the side of that mountain where cars had gone off the edge. How I survived my youth is anyone's guess. Must be some powerful source wanted me to live long enough to spread my wisdom all over the interwebs via discussion groups.

Actually... ;)

donaldtoo

Yah, a lot of those mountain roads are really scary!! (Talk about deep drop-offs!) :jawdrop:

Yep, I remember always loving those giant ramp gravel/sand piles on those roads, and hoping we wouldn’t be plowed into one by a semi behind us, and never seen again...!!!!! :hilarious:
And, yep, you could tell when they had been used recently...but, ultimately, not a terrible solution to the problem vs. the alternative...!!!!!!! :eek:;):)

MySmallWorldof4

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@figmentfan423 and maybe this week Mrs. @Songbird76

Tangled fan here

This is the awesome restaurant I had breakfast in this morning They understand.

Most awesome ceiling ever.

Gabe1

At least what is falling now, won't be around long. Now if we could only get rid of all the ice mounds.

I should take a photo of the two mounds up front that the town dumped on the property.
I understood it then as we have carriage walks. Now, there from since early February they are still tall mounds that are black, gray and a small faint white beneath. It is depressing to come in the front door.

Gabe1

You poor dear, my older ds was into him for a short while, same fix. James was all about Disney Junior and Elmo

My kids never were into any of the 'children programming' of Disney. They enjoyed a great deal of the real films though. It was that made for TV that they had zero interest in. Both loved Elmo and Cookie Monster. The relationship of Bert and Ernie was lost on the little ones of mine which made me laugh inside my head.

Gabe1

It's going to be a cluster as you said. As in the ads for NFL made it sound amazing and when you got there construction walls everywhere. That was the year we were going to do UNI instead but after James broke his arm we decided on another long trip and couldn't swing both but we got SWW and Billy D and @MouseDreaming so it worked out

I don't get it. If you have an 'awesome' new land to many (so not me) and there is only 2 attractions how to you open a land with construction walls still up in the tiny footprint? I fail to understand this decision. I'm just sad this abuts TOY as I genuinely love that new area and sadly SW is going to invade that area as guests wait forever for a shot at a Mini opening of SW.

The upside to the early opening is at least the Gondolas should launch. I'm not staying at one of those resorts in the fall but I'm kinda excited to ride one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom