The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Just watched Brats on Hulu. Not sure how to feel about it. Seemed like an extended therapy session for Andrew McCarthy.

He definitely seemed the most messed up about everything, although Emilio Estevez was very tense and defensive as well. The rest seemed fine. I think Ally Sheedy may have been high lol.

Andrew seemed to question Emelio a bit more. It felt at one point Emelio was just agreeing with what was said so he could be done. Rob Lowe and Demi Moore seemed the most level headed/philosophical about it I totally agree with you on Ally lol

I had no clue about this show until I saw y’all posting about it. Andrew McCarthy is about 5 weeks younger than I am, I remember when that article came out and I remember those times well.

I 100% agree that it was all about McCarthy’s head. I just can’t imagine still being that twisted up about something so trivial (to me, anyway) that happened almost 40 years ago.
Also, I have read the article (as I did back then), and there really wasn’t all that much directly about him in it.

Estevez seemed like he’d mostly moved on from it, until he was interviewed by McCarthy…that seemed to have brought some of it back to the surface again.
LOL about Sheedy, but she has always seemed a little “airy” anyway, to me…!!!!! :hilarious:

And yes, Lowe and Moore definitely seemed to be well beyond it for many years now, and like it never really weighed too heavily on them in the first place.

Kinda’ fun to go back to that time for a bit though…!!! :)

wdwfan4ver

I bought this for the neighbor's baby...

He's one spoiled baby. 😂 Neighbor sent me a photo of him with his Dumbo, reaching out for his trunk. Made my heart melt.
The Door County confectionary had Dumbo also. He was in different sizes. He was very huge, normal size and tiny size.

@King Racoon 77's relatives were spotted in 2 candy shops in Door County and they were for sale. Lets say the relatives were after the fudge, and different candies the stores have.

Figgy1

The Door County confectionary had Dumbo also. He was in different sizes. He was very huge, normal size and tiny size.

@King Racoon 77's relatives were spotted in 2 candy shops in Door County and they were for sale. Lets say the relatives were after the fudge, and different candies the stores have.
Cookie GIF by Storyful

donaldtoo

Don't know how you can handle the high heat down there. :jawdrop:

I was just watching some sports reports from our local stations here (Boston, MA, and Manchester, NH). Both stations had reporters down in Dallas for the basketball championship games (the TX team is the Mavericks, versus the Boston Celtics). That's all I know about basketball. ;)

Funny thing was that the reporters were very uncomfortable in the hot weather, BUT -- they loved eating their way through that city! :hilarious: They were raving about all kinds of barbecue -- ribs, beef, pork, etc. The food seemed to make up for their hot weather misery! :joyfull:

As I always say, we’re just used to it, so it’s really not that big of a deal.
I joined another site a little while back, posted some of our recent triple digit temps, and got some pretty funny (to me, anyway) reactions.
Seems 85 is too hot for many in more northern climes…!!!!! 😁:hilarious:😉
We broke 100 again earlier…!!! 🌞😉

12B86047-4E2E-4978-ADB7-6336F2B8FD2E.jpeg

donaldtoo

Don't know how you can handle the high heat down there. :jawdrop:

I was just watching some sports reports from our local stations here (Boston, MA, and Manchester, NH). Both stations had reporters down in Dallas for the basketball championship games (the TX team is the Mavericks, versus the Boston Celtics). That's all I know about basketball. ;)

Funny thing was that the reporters were very uncomfortable in the hot weather, BUT -- they loved eating their way through that city! :hilarious: They were raving about all kinds of barbecue -- ribs, beef, pork, etc. The food seemed to make up for their hot weather misery! :joyfull:

Sorry, I forgot to address the BBQ part, but that’s definitely reason enough to be here in Texas…!!!!! :hungry: :hilarious:

We were supposed to go to Mom and Pops for Father’s Day today, but the woman Carolyn works for texted here that she tested positive for Covid this morning… :facepalm:
Pop smoked brisket and pork ribs, and there are sides, of course.
Sarah (who has had her own place for several years now, so she hasn’t been exposed) is gonna’ leave some of it on our front porch later.
Anything to get some of that crazy-delicious smoked goodness…!!!!! :hungry:😅

Lilofan

As I always say, we’re just used to it, so it’s really not that big of a deal.
I joined another site a little while back, posted some of our recent triple digit temps, and got some pretty funny (to me, anyway) reactions.
Seems 85 is too hot for many in more northern climes…!!!!! 😁:hilarious:😉
We broke 100 again earlier…!!! 🌞😉

View attachment 792359
Hopefully TX residents won't have rolling power outages this summer.

Lilofan

We never had them in our previous neighborhood in northwest Austin, not even once over all those 47+ years.
As I’ve posted before, we moved to a new home further northeast (and out of city limits) of Austin at the end of last year.
So far, not a single issue.
In my area not in TX when the powers goes out we sweat it out and take frequent showers. For the homeowners with well water, they are worse off. They lose all access to water because the power went out.

donaldtoo

In my area not in TX when the powers goes out we sweat it out and take frequent showers. For the homeowners with well water, they are worse off. They lose all access to water because the power went out.

We’ve always had public water, so no issue if the power goes out.
It’s not like we’ve never had the power go out, but it’s usually something like a construction crew accidentally cut a line, a vehicle crashed into a pole, etc.

Songbird76

What's up with all these vloggers complaining about the heat at Disney? It's literally June. It's going to be hot in Florida during the summer.
Well is it hotter than usual? I went in August last Summer and it was brutally hot. They had extreme weather warnings every day for over a week. Yes, you expect it to be hot, but when it is DANGEROUSLY hot like it was last August, it has a huge impact on your plans. When I was there, they were advising people to stay inside unless they HAD to go out. The real feel temps were 112-115 every day. We went to the first Halloween party of the year and it was still over 100 degrees at 1:00 in the morning. There was no escaping the heat. We spent a LOT of time watching shows like American Adventure, Hall of Presitdents, etc that we would normally skip, just because we couldn't stand to be outside for more than a couple of minutes. When we did World Showcase, we literally walked from one pavilion to the next and just went inside without looking around outside at kiosks, etc. We had planned a lot more Food and Wine festival stuff, but couldn't stand to wait in the lines. We didn't do anything where we had to stand in an outdoor line. It significantly limits what you can realistically do each day. It changed our trip so much because the things that we had planned all had to change. I don't know how many times we did the Beauty and the Beast sing-along, just because it was inside and air conditioned. Normally that's a once or twice a trip thing, and we were going back several times a day. And we love COP in MK, so we always do that one a few times, but usually not more than twice a day....we kept riding back to back. And my daughter doesn't usually really care so much about Monsters Inc Laugh floor, but again, it was inside, so we did that one several times to avoid the heat. I TOTALLY get whey people are complaining. There's "hot" and there's heat stroke-inducing hot and you really don't want to mess around with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom