The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Any chance you can move your trip up a couple of weeks so that you will miss it? I wish I could move ours up, but the kids don't get out of school until July 19th, and we fly out on the 20th, so there is no way we can go earlier. But you might consider that if you have that option.

Unfortunately no. The DVC points are set, no moving those around. Vacation time has been bid for everyone so that would be hard to rearrange as it was set months ago. Flip in my DD will be in the final run of Graduate School...nope we are going but likely to avoid DHS like the plague beyond a few cracks at TOY. It will be interesting to see how many people actually book trips to see half of StarWars. I have zero frame of reference for the SW mindset since I have no love of all that.

Gabe1

You are probably right.... but why do it so early, and why do a big free dining sale in September if you knew you would pack the house will no problems!

We only did a half day at HS last time, and we regretted it because neither of us had been there and believed people when they said 1/2 day park. Well if you haven't been, it really should be a longer day than half. So we were looking forward to getting to see the whole thing this time. Now I barely want to go near it 20 days after SW opening. I have it planned for a weekday though... and it is in September when most kids have just started School... soooooo here's hoping!

It shows you how the PLANS changed pretty knee jerk fashion to when they would open SW give the shortened Free Dining to the Original opening time and added some additional dates for the summer.

I also giggle at the we are ahead of schedule...so reminiscent of the claims for the FLE when it was years behind and a meet and greet opened early, ahead of schedule and spun to be ahead. I so try to ignore these things because I love the parks and 3 of 4 should in theory should be fine after Labor Day for us. If not we are building back up plans from smaller things we've been side stepping for a decade, a trip to the new coaster in Potterland and Volcano Bay should Disney World be stupid for a single attraction.

Gabe1

My continual love of service dogs @MinnieM123

e4672138-1693-42a7-8d45-d15edceeeb3c-jpeg.355460

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not exactly a recipe but you should be able to make it
Human quantity
1 lb pasta
Sauce
Soak 1 pt sundried tomatoes, 4 lg cloves garlic, I sm onion chopped for a couple of hours in filtered water Dump the whole thing in a pot to water saute add 2 to 3 cups milk and one bag Daiya mozzarella and when it melts down add spinach until wilted stir in pasta. I never measured the milk, sorry start with 2 cups and add more if needed

?? First ingredient -- Human quantity??!! Are you throwing humans in your cooking now? :jawdrop:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
:(

Oh NO!! This is the first I've heard of this. I first became interested in him during his role in The Mechanic (original, 1972) with Charles Bronson. Seen that movie a bunch of times. I also watched some of his TV work as well. (In his own life, he had some issues with drugs and alcohol, which then affected his career.)

May he RIP. Very sad news . . . :(

12in12

thanks, mom feels a lot better.. I'm the one whos bad.. hopefully will recover before my trip.
unless this is some sort of third party mesiatic warning that I shouldn't go to the second interview.
I'm sorry you are still feeling so unwell however you are very motivated for your second interview so I'm sure you will do well. Just take a bunch of cold medicine an hour before your interview and keep it together while you are there.;)

12in12

Ooh that looks so good. I know you don’t do recipes, but is there one for this? My lunch is a tex mex bowl. Riced cauliflower, onions, corn, salsa,chili powder, garlic powder, turmeric, and a pinch of salt.
View attachment 355313

That looks delicious as well. I just made an easy egg salad for lunch.

I am really really over gray not that I was ever a fan. It isn't tranquil, it is mind numbing. I so look forward to pretty spring colors and greens with the back drop of blue skies. Gray can't compare. Can I bar the prison color?
da7d2a94-b43b-476a-8bb6-4e05992303e4-jpeg.355457
Gray can be nice on a sofa or bed linen but not the sky.

?? First ingredient -- Human quantity??!! Are you throwing humans in your cooking now? :jawdrop:
Pretty sure it doesn't qualify as vegan anymore as soon as you add human...

MySmallWorldof4

Unfortunately no. The DVC points are set, no moving those around. Vacation time has been bid for everyone so that would be hard to rearrange as it was set months ago. Flip in my DD will be in the final run of Graduate School...nope we are going but likely to avoid DHS like the plague beyond a few cracks at TOY. It will be interesting to see how many people actually book trips to see half of StarWars. I have zero frame of reference for the SW mindset since I have no love of all that.
I was looking to book the week before Labor Day but leaving before the 29th and maybe head to Uni the last few days of August. We also are not fans of SWL. Maybe when it fully opens we will be interested. Loved the original films from the 70's and 80's. No love for the newer ones, except for Solo. Actually liked that one.

MySmallWorldof4

Curious: was the heat and humidity unbearable in July? It can get really hot even in May.
We were fine with the weather. We were sure to drink plenty of water. We are early birds and will get to the parks at rope drop and then leave by lunchtime. We will go back to a hotel and swim or rest, and then go back in the late afternoon/early evening. So we do avoid the hottest parts of the day in the parks. One good thing about Disney though is that even if you are in a park you can always hop into a very air conditioned shop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom