News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

P_Radden

The only thing that really bothers me about this amazing redo is, (as it seems) to take down Communicore.
I know. But look at the bright side, most if not all of the original Epcot Center main entrance buildings, structures and architecture is being kept. This is a huge win considering they could have chose a different route and demolished it all.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

I've never heard Sinbad in Morocco tossed around as an idea before but I love it so much. How good that ride is was maybe the biggest surprise in all of Tokyo for me. Too bad I think Martin already hinted the mystery building is in future world not world showcase
I thought he was hinting at the weird crystal building in front of JII on the Concept Art, but based on his response to my question, it seems like it’s nothing more than a weird artistic render of the current Seas building...I think.

Figments Friend

Wow....
😲
I needed a day to let this sink in, and think about this.

First thought -
This looks very nice upon first view.

It is satisfying to me in that this seems to show that Disney is finally acknowledging their 'mistakes' made long ago when they changed the original entrance layout.
Very satisfying realization, looking at this.
Definitely a step in a better direction when compared to the atrocious concrete 'graveyard'.

Second thought -
VERY nice to see the entrance Fountain 'monoliths' are returning in a new form.
Fantastic.

Third thought -
THANK the GODS those ** 'Leave a Legacy' monstrosities are FINALLY being removed!
A great sigh of relief....i have been waiting for years for this to finally happen.
I knew it was coming, but it has been a LONG wait.
The removal is a big improvement in my opinion, and i am glad that Disney is accommodating the Guests who paid for the photo tiles and is relocating them elsewhere in the area.

Third Thought -
As much as i like what i am seeing with the design for the Entrance, i find the flags and Disney character topiary a bit much.
Remove those, and it flows better visually and aesthetically.
The flags seem to be overkill to my eyes within an otherwise appealing forecourt view of SSE.
The topiary , if needed , i feel would be better executed as 'generic' animal shapes similar to the style that used to appear frequently all over Property.
Save the more intricate Disney character creations for the festivals.

I do like what i'm seeing here despite those elements.
Nice to finally see this coming after many years of setbacks.
Looking forward to seeing this executed, and how well it translates from the concept to the reality.

Epcot is finally getting some much needed positive love.
Balance the past successes with a dash of a modern twist.
If Disney can enhance the entrance to the Park like this, then let's see them try a similar hand with the Imagination Pavilion.
I know it's coming.....it's just going to be a while.

:)

-

P_Radden

Unless the trees are blocking it, the Magic Eye Theater isn't in the concept image.

But the brown box is

The brown box has to be outside the monorail brim... 🤔

Very curious:
  1. Trees hiding what will replace Innoventions West area
  2. Lack of trees in the entire bottom right even though a lot of that area is backstage.
  3. What appears to be a corner of black box behind SSE. Hints Project Tomorrow bldg replaced. 😕
  4. No Magic Eye Theater but random big brown box
  5. The concept render is very accurate to the structures of Living Seas and west entry plaza bldg (even down to the stairs and fence) - the clear roof area below the monorail beam is not shown.
The entry plaza looks amazing (minus character topiaries), but clearly there are some weird things happening in central FW west.

Last edited:

halltd

Unless the trees are blocking it, the Magic Eye Theater isn't in the concept image.
View attachment 351930

But the brown box is

View attachment 351931
The brown box has to be outside the monorail brim... 🤔

Very curious:
  1. Trees hiding what will replace Innoventions West area
  2. Lack of trees in the entire bottom right even though a lot of that area is backstage.
  3. What appears to be a corner of black box behind SSE. Hints Project Tomorrow bldg replaced. 😕
  4. No Magic Eye Theater but random big brown box
  5. The concept render is very accurate to the structures of Living Seas and west entry plaza bldg (even down to the stairs and fence) - the clear roof area below the monorail beam is not shown.
The entry plaza looks amazing (minus character topiaries), but clearly there are some weird things happening in central FW west.
Maybe brown box is ON the beam and the new Epcot station is INSIDE the park?

😀

brb1006

View attachment 351909

Wow....
😲
I needed a day to let this sink in, and think about this.

First thought -
This looks very nice upon first view.

It is satisfying to me in that this seems to show that Disney is finally acknowledging their 'mistakes' made long ago when they changed the original entrance layout.
Very satisfying realization, looking at this.
Definitely a step in a better direction when compared to the atrocious concrete 'graveyard'.

Second thought -
VERY nice to see the entrance Fountain 'monoliths' are returning in a new form.
Fantastic.

Third thought -
THANK the GODS those ** 'Leave a Legacy' monstrosities are FINALLY being removed!
A great sigh of relief....i have been waiting for years for this to finally happen.
I knew it was coming, but it has been a LONG wait.
The removal is a big improvement in my opinion, and i am glad that Disney is accommodating the Guests who paid for the photo tiles and is relocating them elsewhere in the area.

Third Thought -
As much as i like what i am seeing with the design for the Entrance, i find the flags and Disney character topiary a bit much.
Remove those, and it flows better visually and aesthetically.
The flags seem to be overkill to my eyes within an otherwise appealing forecourt view of SSE.
The topiary , if needed , i feel would be better executed as 'generic' animal shapes similar to the style that used to appear frequently all over Property.
Save the more intricate Disney character creations for the festivals.

I do like what i'm seeing here despite those elements.
Nice to finally see this coming after many years of setbacks.
Looking forward to seeing this executed, and how well it translates from the concept to the reality.

Epcot is finally getting some much needed positive love.
Balance the past successes with a dash of a modern twist.
If Disney can enhance the entrance to the Park like this, then let's see them try a similar hand with the Imagination Pavilion.
I know it's coming.....it's just going to be a while.

:)

-
I'm going to speculate the topaires might only be for the Flower and Garden festivals.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm going to speculate the topiaries might only be for the Flower and Garden festivals.

An insider already said not necessarily.

I remember when Disney IP topiaries were practically everywhere.

I'm sure this is part of the move to make sure people know this is a Disney park. "...more Disney..."

Whether one likes that direction or not, it's where they're going.

Likewise, if the park ever gets that name change/update, I'm sure there's going to be a big ol' "Disney's" at the beginning of it.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

So beautiful I could weep with joy.

(Or with Anna, or Jen, or Tracy)

This is not a small deal, but a big deal. The prism, the EPCOT logo, the green open space. But please don't lose the mirrors around the central column This space carries immense meaning, this art looks like a love letter to it.

* weeps *
Is there still meaning when so much of it has been gutted and destroyed? It’s shallow gesturing towards a despised idea, EPCOT Center.

britain

An insider already said not necessarily.

I remember when Disney IP topiaries were practically everywhere.

I'm sure this is part of the move to make sure people know this is a Disney park. "...more Disney..."

Whether one likes that direction or not, it's where they're going.

Likewise, if the park ever gets that name change/update, I'm sure there's going to be a big ol' "Disney's" at the beginning of it.

DEPCOT?!

britain

That’s very much what I was thinking about. They introduce stuff that uses the imagery while ripping more out.

While there will be a whole lot of IP additions around the park, I have a feeling that those additions are going to serve as collateral toward making the new Spaceship Earth very old school Epcot, but with the latest tech, hefty budget, and a lot of care.

I don’t have insider knowledge, it’s just my gut feeling based on what’s been shared.

Animaniac93-98

Is there still meaning when so much of it has been gutted and destroyed? It’s shallow gesturing towards a despised idea, EPCOT Center.

That's how I felt looking at the art. It's full of flags showing the old logo, but even that symbol means nothing without the greater context of individual pavilion logos, and the fact that the park it was designed for no longer exists.

The new entrance looks great, but it's too little too late to save the park's theme or given it any clear meaning.

It's just No$talgia. Now available at Shop Disney.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom