News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

VJ

Likewise, if the park ever gets that name change/update, I'm sure there's going to be a big ol' "Disney's" at the beginning of it.
Disney adds Disney/Disney's when the park name itself (Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, California Adventure, etc) is too generic, so that the name can be copyrighted. I'm not sure EPCOT/Epcot/EPCOT Center could be considered a generic name.

FerretAfros

Disney adds Disney/Disney's when the park name itself (Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, California Adventure, etc) is too generic, so that the name can be copyrighted. I'm not sure EPCOT/Epcot/EPCOT Center could be considered a generic name.
10 of Disney's 12 parks worldwide include "Disney" somewhere in the name. Both waterparks have it. All 4 golf courses have it. The shopping district was recently renamed to push the "Disney" to the front. All the hotels have it, which always makes for entertaining signs at the park bus loops:

Mgaic-Kingdom-Buses-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

Epcot and the Magic Kingdom are only outliers worldwide (along with a few other odd ducks, like the Transportation & Ticket Center and Fantasia Gardens, but oddly not Disney's Winter Summerland). They're holdovers from an earlier era, when the company didn't feel the need to constantly slap its name on things to remind people how vast its reaches are, and when being "Disney" meant something very different from what it does today.

The work spoke for itself, was successful on its own merits, and expanded people's views of what the company was capable of. Modern Disney constantly relies on branding, nostalgia, and repetition of the same handful of stories and characters to draw people in, creating an increasingly narrow definition of what it means to be "Disney."

Honestly, I'm surprised "Disney" hasn't been added to the park names already. If/when Epcot gets renamed, I fully expect it will be included somewhere in there.

articos

The brown box has to be outside the monorail brim... 🤔

The entry plaza looks amazing (minus character topiaries)
It is. Any single character topiaries or scenes will blend in. Within the green entry plaza, it won’t stand out as much as I think people are worried about.

Remember, this is concept art. Don’t read in too much on trees or lack thereof.

jt04

Maybe brown box is ON the beam and the new Epcot station is INSIDE the park?

😀

For some reason I speculated they would have to reverse the direction of the monorail for it to be effective. Drop off in the park and boarding at the front of the park. Long time ago. But it would be cool.

HMF

Hopefully the new monolith (I think it's a fountain) might bring back the color changing lights at night. Along with bringing back the color changes on SSE.
My understanding is and Martin feel free to correct me if i am wrong is they set SSE to one night color scheme so it wouldn't detract from the wand and simply never re-activated the changing colors after the wand came down.

The Empress Lilly

Please explain how a 'garden' setting to the entrance will bring more to your experience than two new attractions. How long do you spend in the entrance area that this is the 'best news ever'?
The entrance setting serves the same function as the now destroyed MK hub once did. It is the place where I linger the most, swooning over the park icon, pondering my love for the place, falling in love with it.

Five minutes of staring at SSE is infinitely more important to my experience than a superhero coaster.

Jambo Joe

I'm NOT judging. I'm just expressing that the other things that have already been rumored and announced are far better and more important news than an entrance garden. My point was the overreaction to how great this was.

Honestly - which would you rather have?
GotG or entrance garden?
Rat or entrance garden?
UK ride or entrance garden?
Brazil or entrance garden?
SSE reimagining or entrance garden?
Central plaza/spine or entrance garden?

Yes, it will look nicer, and it will be an improvement. But to say that the new entrance will add more to your day at Epcot than any of the things listed just isn't true. You might not like the 'IPs', but I absolutely guarantee that every single person will spend more time on those IP attractions than in the entrance plaza.

Heck, the 'play pavilion' enhances Epcot more than the entrance.

And going by the zoom and enhance pictures one post up, there are IP topiaries. Does that mean you hate this now because of the IP?
Dude give it a rest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom