News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

JohnD

Any word about imagination? I noticed the pyramids are still in the concept art.

While it was heartbroken to see Horizons torn down, I can't imagine any of the other original pavilion buildings being removed. Just as the UoE building was re-purposed, there is no reason to think that the Imagination building would be removed..

Phicinfan

Yes...as much as everyone wanted to make this a bigger deal...That’s all this is @Phicinfan

Don’t get me wrong...it’s a positive step and may be a precursor to others. The leave a legacy was a terrible idea...they should have stuck to bricks
miss me much?
This is the first step. Drag your disbelief all you wish, not my fault you can't see the clear path of what is or is not coming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Grief... 1999? Let’s agree to disagree.

Although I shudder to think I’d prefer 2011 to last year.
Last year...interesting...

Though I’ll restate my position:
The “millennium” celebration is the pinnacle of experience at WDW. It provided the greatest offerings in entertainment, quality and VALUE for the price in its history....

All of those things have declined on the average since.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last year...interesting...

Though I’ll restate my position:
The “millennium” celebration is the pinnacle of experience at WDW. It provided the greatest offerings in entertainment, quality and VALUE for the price in its history....

All of those things have declined on the average since.
Nah. I’d go early 90s for that.

Before lip sync arrived. But we digress.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
miss me much?
This is the first step. Drag your disbelief all you wish, not my fault you can't see the clear path of what is or is not coming.

Oh...so much.

There are no clear paths...but I Wait to see whatever tangled path they take 😉

Now you can run along and “break news” over in the ghost town.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I mean... it makes sense... it's a ride all about global citizenship which is what World Showcase embodies, so placement in Epcot would be appropriate. And removing it (along with the adjoining Village Haus) from Magic Kingdom would clear up a HUGE amount of space (and would open up room to expand further back in that area... possibly creating the appropriate pathway for a path around the Rivers of America). But I'm not sure Disney is at a place where the benefits to moving it would be justified by the cost.
Exactly. Cutting the waste of resources next gen budget in half would have given them more than enough money to move it's a small world and build Tangled, Frozen and Beauty and the Beast rides on that footprint.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nah. I’d go early 90s for that.

Before lip sync arrived. But we digress.

No issue with that...

For me...there was a soft window from 97-01 where they had completed the 90’s hotel and guest area buildout while still operating a bit business as usual.

Service decline did take hold around 94-95...so I can concede your stance based on that.

Father Robinson

Does anyone have any good photos of SSE when it used to change colors at night. I think since the Millenian Celebration, the entrance would usually be like this.
images

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom