News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

po1998

The entrance setting serves the same function as the now destroyed MK hub once did. It is the place where I linger the most, swooning over the park icon, pondering my love for the place, falling in love with it.

Five minutes of staring at SSE is infinitely more important to my experience than a superhero coaster.
IMO...While it is nice that the entrance is being redone, it does nothing for me after I take a couple pics walking through it to get to the reason I am there to begin with...and it’s not eating and drinking at the Festival of the Month.

VJ

If they change the name to add the word "Disney", I'm hoping for something along the lines of "Walt Disney's EPCOT" or "Walt Disney's EPCOT Center". Even though the park is going to have nothing to do with Walt's vision, it would be a nice nod to the origins of the park. EPCOT better be all capital letters, though. ;)
they'll change it to Walt Disney's EPCOT when they change Disneyland to Walt Disney's Disneyland. ;)

BrianLo

@marni1971 - will this change involve some security/ticketing/entrance building improvements ala DHS, DCA and Tokyo Disneyland? Or is it just the actual Leave a legacy plaza turning into gardens?

sedati

The entrance setting serves the same function as the now destroyed MK hub once did.

I think it's "function" is more comparable to this area:

I feel it was a mistake to put the icon in a place we are sort of ushered through on the way into the park proper. It's the most beautiful view in EPCOT, but they squandered it in the place I've probably spent the least amount of time. I'm hoping beyond correcting the mistakes of the nineties, they address some that came earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom