The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I’ve posted this here before, but, not sure if you were around here then...
The only 2 times we’ve ever done the DDP was when I was still a Disney Store CM in the summers of ‘12 and ‘13, and I got it for a 50% discount. So, $30 instead of $60, at the time (going to WDW during the times that the DDP is “free” has just never worked for us schedule-wise).
All other trips we’ve paid OOP. I don’t normally even eat breakfast, other than a juice, and we’ve always shared meals, without anyone ever complaining about being hungry. Always on the go, so it works for us.
With the DDP, I ordered (like your hubby) the most expensive thing ($30+) on the menu every night at our TS ADR. And, dessert too, which I never do in my everyday life...no room! ;) I’m sure that, between those 2 WDW trips and our 2 recent cruises, I ate more desserts than in the past decade otherwise.
It was great to get the 50% discount, but, ultimately, it was still just too darn much food for us...! :in pain:;)
And now, the plan we had is $75+...!!!!! :eek:
OOP juice and shared meals again for our upcoming October trip...!!! :)
I checked for my family for the week before labor day with the free dining. Staying at the cabins is just under $5000 for 5 nights and 6 days. I don’t think that is terrible considering the meals and tickets are included. We could go to AOA for $5000, or get 2 rooms at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach for about $5400. It is making me rethink May.

donaldtoo

I worked until 11:15 last night and then I have to get home and wind down to get to sleep, so it was somewhere around 1 or 2am when I finally got to bed, and my husband butt dialed me early this morning. :banghead::banghead: I'm one of those people who has a hard time getting to sleep. It takes me an hour or two, and once I wake up, I'm up. I've had to train my husband with his alarm clock. He used to be a chronic snoozer. He'd press the snooze button 5 or 6 times before he'd actually get up and sometimes, after one snooze, I could get back to sleep. But after the 2nd time, I couldn't, and he was setting his alarm for so much earlier than either of us needed to get up. I finally told him he's only allowed to snooze once. If you can afford to sleep that much longer, then just set your alarm later! Don't make me wake up an hour before I need to get up when you don't need to be up either!

Wow! Some of this is myself and my DWifey from several years ago in mirror image...
Takes me a long time to wind down and get to sleep, but, 30 seconds after her head hits the pillow she’s out.
She used to set her alarm for an hour earlier than we needed to be up, and for the snooze to go off every 10 mins. I’m one of those people that can just get up at the time needed with no snooze.
DWifey seems to value her sleep more these days and hasn’t done that in years.
It still takes me a while to wind down and get to sleep, and she’s still out 30 seconds after her head hits the pillow, but, no more snooze. I, generally, get up before her and then wake her up, these days...no alarm, at all, even needed...I just wake up. Works perfect and can’t remember the last time we overslept.
Funny how things change over time...!!! :)

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Nice ride you chose...!!! :)

I’ve always driven the “crap car” in my family...!!!!! :hilarious:
DWifey and the kiddos have always had far better vehicles. They all keep telling me that it’s long past time that I got a nice car for myself, but, I just can’t seem to pull the trigger. After all, it just transportation from point A to B...I don’t need it to look especially good, have the latest tech, etc., as long as it’s, mostly, reliable. It’s almost like it’s a badge of honor for me at this point...!!!!! :hilarious:
Funny thing is, I’m kinda’ (or was, back in the day, anyway ;)) a car guy...I know all about compression ratios, valve timing, torque converters, gear ratios, etc., etc., etc. I love reading tech specs on cars/trucks/SUVs...!!!!! :happy:
Also, cars are definitely not a direct investment in and of themselves (obviously, sans antiques, classics, etc.), so what’s the point, in my mind anyway?
However, that being said, I definitely look at my car as an investment in the sense that it gets me to and from my decent-paying job every weekday (I have no mass transit options), and also regarding the many good-time family outings we’ve had driving places over the years...!!!!! :happy:
Someday, at the behest of my DWifey and kiddos, I’ll probably let my badge of honor go and get myself a nice ride...!!! :)

I was that way, too (except I didn’t know about cars LOL.) I bought a 1994(?) Mazda MPV around 2001 for $1800 and drove it until about 2012.

The next 3 in a row were duds, though. None lasted a year. But the last one was a big step up - it was a 2003 and had the key thingy where you press the button and the door unlocks 😄 which was my most advanced “tech.”

The last few years of unreliability and the latest head gasket issue made me realize it was time.

Don’t know how to use everything in the new one yet, but I do enjoy it!

Rista1313

I’ve posted this here before, but, not sure if you were around here then...
The only 2 times we’ve ever done the DDP was when I was still a Disney Store CM in the summers of ‘12 and ‘13, and I got it for a 50% discount. So, $30 instead of $60, at the time (going to WDW during the times that the DDP is “free” has just never worked for us schedule-wise).
All other trips we’ve paid OOP. I don’t normally even eat breakfast, other than a juice, and we’ve always shared meals, without anyone ever complaining about being hungry. Always on the go, so it works for us.
With the DDP, I ordered (like your hubby) the most expensive thing ($30+) on the menu every night at our TS ADR. And, dessert too, which I never do in my everyday life...no room! ;) I’m sure that, between those 2 WDW trips and our 2 recent cruises, I ate more desserts than in the past decade otherwise.
It was great to get the 50% discount, but, ultimately, it was still just too darn much food for us...! :in pain:;)
And now, the plan we had is $75+...!!!!! :eek:
OOP juice and shared meals again for our upcoming October trip...!!! :)

I would love to share meals, but hubby and I have very different food tastes!

Goofyernmost

donaldtoo

We usually eat a light breakfast... cereal or something back in the room.... and we eat some form of lunch usually, But I made most dinner ADR's about 630pm... it was hot, and we just weren't as hungry as we wish we had been. Oh there are lots of places I would love to eat, but we just want to be free to eat earlier or later or QS or TS... Free to be, you and me!

DE00F7E3-A754-4BF4-81FC-D47437CDB93D.jpeg

;) :)

donaldtoo

ME too! And I have no hunters in my family =(

I have plenty of hunters in my family, but, they all live in my mom and pops hometowns and, unfortunately, we don’t see them very often anymore.
My grandmother on my pops side used to make one helluva’ good venison dish...and, it was good to just munch on cold right out of the refrigerator, too...!!!!! :hungry: :happy: :)

donaldtoo

Oh my goodness. Glad you missed them. Animal/car collisions often turn out deadly for both, depending upon the impact and weight of the animal. (Maine has a number of these accidents each year, and it's usually either moose or dear. Some are fatal.)

Yep, I’ve posted this here before...
Years ago, a friend of my youngest bro hit a deer on the main highway of my commute early one morning. Fortunately, he came out of it fine, but, the car was a total loss, as well as the deer, of course. :cyclops:
And, my pop knew a guy way back when that hit a horse on a country road...unfortunately, that resulted in the loss of all 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom