The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Yes, there was a story with the leasing of my current car. Almost everyday I would go to the local mall to do the old person waddle to keep the joints moving. Everyday I would pass by this car sitting there in the middle of a wing with barrier fancy ropes around it.

When I started looking around for a replacement car I went to the dealer and looked at what they had on the lot and really wasn't all that impressed with what I saw so eventually I asked if the one that was on display at the mall could be harvested. They said yes, and I said, do it. I didn't even get the chance to drive it, although I had tried out a like vehicle. The day I was supposed to pick the car up, they were supposed to get it in the shop and go over it, clean, make sure the fluids, etc. were ready to go. I went for my walk in the mall and it was still there. I called the salesman and asked if I was going to have to drive the car out of the mall or were they going to get it back to the dealership and do their prep thing. He sounded shocked, but, finally got it back and ready for mid afternoon when I was scheduled to pick it up and sign the papers.

I love the color of this thing and when I put the reindeer antlers and red nose on the front logo this past Christmas it was almost perfect. :joyfull:View attachment 338130

Pretty car! Great story!

I love all the cute little things on the jeep! It took us weeks to find all of them. Do you have one next to your fuel tank?

I haven’t checked! Will do that when I leave.

This is going to sound really nerdy,.. but one of my favorite things is the green cover for the manuals. It’s so “Jeep” 🤣

Rista1313

OK, thinking about my husbands disdain for trying to get him to commit to ADRs 180 days in advance, I need some advice. We both agreed that last time, it seemed tiring (and sometimes we weren't yet hungry) when it was time for our nightly ADRs. This time I was considering (we will be there mid september to only do the ADRs we are positive we want (like Hoop dee doo) and just wing it for the rest of the days and just jumping on the app to see what's available? Will will have the DDP, so we will have both QS and TS credits. And this time will be there for food and wine, so lots of snack credits will go to the booths for lunch one day.

Opinions? stories? warnings?

Last edited:

21stamps

OK, thinking about my husbands disdain for trying to get him to commit to ADRs 180 days in advance, I need some advice. We both agreed that last time, it seemed tiring (and sometimes we weren't yet hungry) when it was time for our nightly ADRs. This time I was considering (we will be there mid september to only do the ADRs we are positive we want (like Hoop dee doo) and just wing it for the res The day of just jumping on the app to see what's available? Will will have the DDP, so we will have both QS and TS credits. And this time will be there for food and wine, so lots of snack credits will go to the booths for lunch one day.

I don’t like to be overcommitted.. I just end up canceling or regretting it when I do.

I’m a huge fan of lounges for meals, and last minute reservations.

Figgy1

Premium Member
OK, thinking about my husbands disdain for trying to get him to commit to ADRs 180 days in advance, I need some advice. We both agreed that last time, it seemed tiring (and sometimes we weren't yet hungry) when it was time for our nightly ADRs. This time I was considering (we will be there mid september to only do the ADRs we are positive we want (like Hoop dee doo) and just wing it for the res The day of just jumping on the app to see what's available? Will will have the DDP, so we will have both QS and TS credits. And this time will be there for food and wine, so lots of snack credits will go to the booths for lunch one day.

Free dinig means ADRs go quick. I'd make them and change them when you can if need be

93boomer

Premium Member

We have always had good luck just getting on the phone to see what’s available. We can’t commit to anywhere that early. 😉

Rista1313

Free dinig means ADRs go quick. I'd make them and change them when you can if need be

Well I plan to make the ones we truly want, but I'm feeling like most days it would be just nice to wing it for once... September the kids are back in School, and it's not really crowded... today I looked and there are a plethora of reservations for 7p-8p and this is a busy week...

I just feel like we felt too structured in May.

93boomer

Premium Member
Well I plan to make the ones we truly want, but I'm feeling like most days it would be just nice to wing it for once... September the kids are back in School, and it's not really crowded... today I looked and there are a plethora of reservations for 7p-8p and this is a busy week...

I just feel like we felt too structured in May.
Sometimes it’s good to live dangerously! :joyfull:

Songbird76

I was up at 3am.. never did go back to sleep!
I worked until 11:15 last night and then I have to get home and wind down to get to sleep, so it was somewhere around 1 or 2am when I finally got to bed, and my husband butt dialed me early this morning. :banghead::banghead: I'm one of those people who has a hard time getting to sleep. It takes me an hour or two, and once I wake up, I'm up. I've had to train my husband with his alarm clock. He used to be a chronic snoozer. He'd press the snooze button 5 or 6 times before he'd actually get up and sometimes, after one snooze, I could get back to sleep. But after the 2nd time, I couldn't, and he was setting his alarm for so much earlier than either of us needed to get up. I finally told him he's only allowed to snooze once. If you can afford to sleep that much longer, then just set your alarm later! Don't make me wake up an hour before I need to get up when you don't need to be up either!

Songbird76

I looked. Free dining goes July through September. I wonder if a room discount is better than free dining though. For the Spring discount they had the campsites listed as 20% off, but alas when I looked it was not the case. I am guessing they made a mistake. I was slightly bummed as it would have saved potentially another $200.
It depends on the discount, etc. The more people in one room, the better the free dining is. If there are only 2 people, a 20% room discount might make more sense. But if you've got 5 people in a room, that's a LOT of food.

Songbird76

Oh my gosh! How nightmarish for the parents. How in the heck does that happen? Our kids now of course know not to stick their heads out windows, but when they were little and we wanted to let in fresh air, we would open the top half of the window so that the lower part stayed shut.
Well, I'm wondering why the window was open in the first place! I guess the kids were playing hide-and-seek and he wanted to hide behind a curtain, not realizing the window was open. But who leaves their windows open in JANUARY? It was like 30 degrees F. I remember coming home from the US in 2004 where we had spent Christmas, and my in-laws had turned off the heat in our room since we weren't there, but they waited until the morning we came back to air it out. We came home wanting to sleep off the jetlag and it was less than 50 degrees in our bedroom, and I'm pretty sure my MIL did it on purpose because she didn't like us spending time in our room, she wanted us where she could hear us and make sure we weren't speaking English (so I would "learn Dutch faster"). But I don't know anyone who routinely keeps their windows open in the winter. It's kind of counter-productive if you want to save money on heat.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I worked until 11:15 last night and then I have to get home and wind down to get to sleep, so it was somewhere around 1 or 2am when I finally got to bed, and my husband butt dialed me early this morning. :banghead::banghead: I'm one of those people who has a hard time getting to sleep. It takes me an hour or two, and once I wake up, I'm up. I've had to train my husband with his alarm clock. He used to be a chronic snoozer. He'd press the snooze button 5 or 6 times before he'd actually get up and sometimes, after one snooze, I could get back to sleep. But after the 2nd time, I couldn't, and he was setting his alarm for so much earlier than either of us needed to get up. I finally told him he's only allowed to snooze once. If you can afford to sleep that much longer, then just set your alarm later! Don't make me wake up an hour before I need to get up when you don't need to be up either!
The frying pan should arrive any minute;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom