Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TP2000

One of the versions was exactly what we’re getting now but replacing part of the parking lot.

I can only hope that the artwork for the various versions show up in a WDI coffee table book or D23 Expo exhibit at some point.

It may take a couple decades for them to admit these other concepts existed (like the Pirates wax museum walk-thru of 1962 morphing into Pirates of the Caribbean by 1967), but the early Star Wars Land concepts would be wonderful to see once the final version has been open for awhile.

Stripes

I wonder if any of the sets inside the "Star Destroyer" depict physical damage. We're in a battle after all.

Also, some fire effects would be cool.
Just following up on this a little bit, I found a little something. In the permits for Alcatraz in Anaheim it notes there's been 7 gas tests. Not saying it's proof of anything. (I'm not very knowledgable about permits.) But, I think it's something.
http://permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=statusviewcaseBLD&shl_caseno=BLD2016-03519
(Link takes a long time to load. At least it did for me.)

Robbiem

Just following up on this a little bit, I found a little something. In the permits for Alcatraz in Anaheim it notes there's been 7 gas tests. Not saying it's proof of anything. (I'm not very knowledgable about permits.) But, I think it's something.
http://permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=statusviewcaseBLD&shl_caseno=BLD2016-03519
(Link takes a long time to load. At least it did for me.)

Do we know what a gas test is? Does this mean that the ride is likely to have pyro effects or is it a more safety related test theynhave to do to get approval for opening?

Brainleech419

Man I'm so glad they did not go with the Echo Lake versions. But hey if they had at least all the people who can't somehow comprehend how Star Tours can exist outside the unrelated Galaxy's Edge would be able to move on to actual issues...
For the younglings in these forums what were the echo lake plans

jt04

At one time Indy was on the chopping block.

The way Disney Animation is becoming central to the central plaza (As it should!) I'm not so sure it won't go back on the chopping block. It gets a reprieve due to the ability to hold large crowds in the near future apparently.

But long term I'm not sure if it stays Indyland due to proximity of echo lake and theater.

Will definitely be fun to watch what happens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The way Disney Animation is becoming central to the central plaza (As it should!) I'm not so sure it won't go back on the chopping block. It gets a reprieve due to the ability to hold large crowds in the near future apparently.

But long term I'm not sure if it stays Indyland due to proximity of echo lake and theater.

Currently I’d expect an Indy presence to continue to be around the lake. Current thinking anyway. The direction DHS goes with Star Wars after GE opens will be telling. Will they really want to contain the IP within the lands walls, or will they still be happy to have it all over the park.

jt04

Currently I’d expect an Indy presence to continue to be around the lake. Current thinking anyway. The direction DHS goes with Star Wars after GE opens will be telling. Will they really want to contain the IP within the lands walls, or will they still be happy to have it all over the park.

I can see advantages to keeping Indy at the Studios. But also sending it to DAK or Adventureland. Almost too many possibilities.

Timothy_Q

I would think eventually Starwarland will become it's own park and take over most of DHS land. And then DHS will expand outwards starting with ToyStoryland and Tower of Terror.

So you'd have those two parks directly facing each other like Disneyland and Califnoria Adventure do in Los Angeles.
DHS doesn't have enough to fill up 1 single decent park, and you wanna split it into 2 lol

HauntedMansionFLA

With the popularity of SW Clone Wars and Rebels, Muppets could be on the chopping block. It has a nice 3D theatre right there in between Star Tours and SW:GE.

matt9112

i think you know what direction prints more money sadly.

PizzaPlanet

With the popularity of SW Clone Wars and Rebels, Muppets could be on the chopping block. It has a nice 3D theatre right there in between Star Tours and SW:GE.
You continue to bring up this idea, despite the fact that it gets shot down regularly. From last week:
Wrong direction for expansion. At last it was explained to me, if/when GE expands, it will be in the opposite direction. Grand Ace is being treated as a “hard border” of sorts.

rle4lunch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom