Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

overall park was very weak still had the best single ride the company has ever and dare i say ever will build..... :)
There are two highly impressive rides in DHS now. ToT, RnRC. I have to think that you are talking about TGMR and I have to disagree. Although GMR was great it was hardly the best single ride that Disney ever had.

matt9112

There are three highly impressive rides in DHS now. ToT, RnRC. I have to think that you are talking about TGMR and I have to disagree. Although GMR was great it was hardly the best single ride that Disney ever had.

no im talking about TOT granted the great movie ride was amazing. RNRC is very fun but isnt the same caliber imho.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
WRT: Muppets and Star Tours, our insiders have said that (at the moment)...
  1. Star Tours is destined to be reskinned (if not totally removed). It won't be Star Tours anymore, nor would WDW want a Star Wars simulator to stick around when SWL will feature a much better one. So, merging Star Tours with Star Wars, which was once on the table and now definitely off the table, isn't happening. So, there's no need to Star Wars to go through Muppets.
  2. Grand Ave is sticking around, and SWL will expand in other directions.
Now, that doesn't mean that Muppets won't be overtaken by some other IP in the future, but given the current indecisiveness of what else to do at DHS, it looks like Muppets is safe. It will certainly be a big people eater in the Fall when the park is overbrimming with guests.
Will this reskin/removal be something Disney does immediately or something they could just wait and do after some time passes?

LukeS7

valid....she welds a light saber against kylo and all of a sudden nobodys can just expertly use them and they go from cutting people in half to oh scratches....and than fuel...oh man the concept of fuel....and that hyperspace jump that just destroyed any semblance of rational to every space battle ever before in past movies. why is luke a coward and a loser wasnt he like the greatest thing ever....wait....i know they wanted a new direction but did you have to not only use a death star on the cannon but contradict the movies you still accept as cannon at every turn? lets hope the land leaves all of that behind us.
Wait, you mean you're *not* excited to wait 4 hours to ride the Millennium Falcon only to run out of fuel because your engineer wasn't managing it properly? :eek:

matt9112

Wait, you mean you're *not* excited to wait 4 hours to ride the Millennium Falcon only to run out of fuel because your engineer wasn't managing it properly? :eek:

lets be honest of course theres different types of energy all the old cannon clearly called hyperdrives just that and they are only different via class and thats just speed. hows the millennium falcon carry all that fuel? and tie fighters ? we know most lack a hyper drive but what aboyt sublight travel ? they get All the energy from the solar panels? they need no fuel ever? we are led to believe all ships have some kind of reactor system. so in theory they might need fuel every decade? but now they are like cars oh yeah need that narrative that breaks every bit of space combat we ever saw prior.

matt9112

oh i agree 100% but in thoery he must he one of the most powerful force users alive at this time period no? and force powers aside he has had training period. rey knows how to use a stick....i know im over simplifying it but to be fair her two handed "primitive weapon" likely takes an entirely different degree of use than a light saber and vice versa.

to stay somewhat on topic will all old characters (example bobba fett) never be in parks anymore after new land or?

britain

to stay somewhat on topic will all old characters (example bobba fett) never be in parks anymore after new land or?

Not at first, but I predict in about 3-5 years they will loosen up the timeline of Galaxy’s Edge to accommodate more nostalgically popular classic characters. Fortunately Batuu has been created with a very long history in mind and won’t clash with any era’s characters.

Mike S

Not at first, but I predict in about 3-5 years they will loosen up the timeline of Galaxy’s Edge to accommodate more nostalgically popular classic characters. Fortunately Batuu has been created with a very long history in mind and won’t clash with any era’s characters.
It seems rigidly set in the sequel trilogy considering the main ride is Resistance vs. First Order and Kylo Ren will be in it.

britain

It seems rigidly set in the sequel trilogy considering the main ride is Resistance vs. First Order and Kylo Ren will be in it.

Right but in a few years time there could easily be a Lord Vader and classic troops processional, or Boba Fett walk around character in the village.

Like I say, it would be a loosening up on the timeline of the land. Like how New Orleans Square is all over the place, time-wise.

yensidtlaw1969

I would love for the original Tomorrowland Disneyland pitch artwork to surface... just to be able to read all of the fan community backlash.

Toontown would be neat to see as well. It would've had a much more undercover and wouldn't have been as majestic as what we're ending up with.
While I do sort of lament its placement behind Frontierland, I’m SO happy Star Wars didn’t end up taking over Tomorrowland. I hope that we end up with something new and exciting in the Star Tours building as a result, assuming they don’t want to keep Star Wars split in different spots in the park like that. It’s plenty past time for Tomorrowland to see a new vision, but I don’t think Star Wars is the answer there.

That said, I too would be curious to see the concept art for other versions of Star Wars Land. Especially since this seems to be the rare circumstance where we’re getting a version of the most ambitious proposal, rather than one that’s been considerably walked back from blue sky. Banthas and free-roaming droids notwithstanding, it doesn’t sound like there was a massively cooler option on the drafting table at WDI. Compare that to New Fantasyland and Pandora, which had bigger ideas tossed before the projects went public.

Mike S

Right but in a few years time there could easily be a Lord Vader and classic troops processional, or Boba Fett walk around character in the village.

Like I say, it would be a loosening up on the timeline of the land. Like how New Orleans Square is all over the place, time-wise.
That wouldn’t make sense.

Regular people might not care, but WDI does. Also LucasFilm.

britain

That wouldn’t make sense.

Regular people might not care, but WDI does. Also LucasFilm.

Well, in my scenario in 3-5 years it would be Lucasfilm that would push for an original trilogy era seasonal overlay. Perhaps to promote a new OT era film/series.

But who knows - maybe the new Star Wars films from the Game of Thrones guys will be the promotional overlay in a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom