Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

britain

Digital spy article hyping up Galaxy’s Edge. Article titled, “Disney’s new teaser for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge theme park lets fans fly the Millennium Falcon”
....Carrie Beck, vice president at Lucasfilm Story Group, has suggested that more rides are already in the works, teasing: "This is only the beginning."....
That’s is the only quote...but a big one. Let speculation begin.
Harry Potter style phase two in 4 years?
Star Wars spinner?
New Indy ride?

It’s referring to the hotel. Sorry to dash hopes.

JJJ

Does anyone want to take a logical guess at the anticipated height requirements for these rides?
I'm assuming The Falcon ride will be 2 inches shorter than Mission Space and the other one probably similar to something like Frozen.
I think it's worth noting other trackless rides (Ratatouille for sure) have no height restriction, so RotR might not have one either.

Markiewong

I really see the most beneficial reason for a trackless vs wire guided cars is that trackless cars can cross paths...
And this is exactly the reason why they went for trackless, plus the invisible track for further immersion. I don’t expect them to have a Hunny Hunt/Luigi dance scene. Trackless has everything a track can do, but more. So it would be a pity to not go for the first option.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And this is exactly the reason why they went for trackless, plus the invisible track for further immersion. I don’t expect them to have a Hunny Hunt/Luigi dance scene. Trackless has everything a track can do, but more. So it would be a pity to not go for the first option.

Ah, the dance scenes in the ride are what I'm most excited for. Put a rose in our mouth for a steamy Fanjango, an elegant pas de pew pew, and some high energy Gungan Style.

HauntedMansionFLA

Question?

How much is this land going to cost? I’d much rather have something like the outside of Star Tours if there would be five or six new rides in the new land. High capacity rides like Ellen’s energy / It’s A Small World for small kids, soarin’,The Speedway(kids), TSMM and so on.

PorterRedkey

As far as I know that’s the east coast cost, including everything from when the tour and LMA closed.
Do you remember how much was budgeted for the Echo lake version of SWL that wasn't built? I think I remember hearing 400 million, but I could be way off. I ask because I was wondering about the budget increase SWL got when the project was moved to the back of the park.

I can't believe DL's version will be open in 6 months or so. I haven't been this hyped for an attraction (SW:RotR) for a long time. Too bad the crowds are going to be insane for the foreseeable future.

Movielover

I didn’t get a budget for either Echo Lake version. The first I’d imagine was obviously not an awful lot.

Man I'm so glad they did not go with the Echo Lake versions. But hey if they had at least all the people who can't somehow comprehend how Star Tours can exist outside the unrelated Galaxy's Edge would be able to move on to actual issues...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom