Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Considering this thread come from a rumor and has no basis in fact I would guess the 4th of never?

You don’t implement an automation system and conduct a 10 year refurb and paint job on the fleet if you're going to get rid of them in 4-5 years. These trains have at minimum another 10-15 years of life left.

Creathir

Woah, woah, woah, there, son. In these here parts, we don't take kindly to such saucy language and innuendo.
No kidding... some folks post some pretty edgy photos too...
3782F415-1214-4FE9-BBCB-EC4F5B057104.jpeg

Macca250

Not gonna lie, I've been watching the resort line monorails since I got down here yesterday and they've been looking really, really good.
Who let this guy in? Just FYI, any posts which do not, at a minimum, include at least one of the following will be deleted by a moderator:

1. A reference to Walt turning in his grave
2. Suggesting that Disney is destroying the resort by filling it with IP
3. A request for Bob Iger to leave the company immediately
4. Starting a petition for the Dreamcatcher to be reinstalled
5. Getting confused when you remember that Rapunzel’s Tower was constructed for restrooms
6. Sharing frustrations that FP+ has made the queue for Spaceship Earth longer than Space Mountain (thank the Phoenicians!)
7. Wondering why the Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train took longer to build than civilisation itself
8. Feeling disappointed that the Yeti is still broken and making demands for the ride to be demolished
9. Making a comment that Universal is better than Disney, yet failing to acknowledge that they can’t make rides without screens anymore and don’t recognise that Universal Studios Florida is as disjointed as Dinoland USA
10. Getting annoyed that Hollywood Studios doesn’t have a recognised icon within the park’s hub, but also feeling relieved that the big a$$ hat is gone
11. Hoping Bob Iger will leave the company immediately
12. Worrying about the moral implications of MagicBands and whether Disney knows when you take a whizz

trainplane3

Who let this guy in? Just FYI, any posts which do not, at a minimum, include at least one of the following will be deleted by a moderator:

5. Getting confused when you remember that Rapunzel’s Tower was constructed for restrooms
6. Sharing frustrations that FP+ has made the queue for Spaceship Earth longer than Space Mountain (thank the Phoenicians!)
7. Wondering why the Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train took longer to build than civilisation itself
8. Feeling disappointed that the Yeti is still broken and making demands for the ride to be demolished
9. Making a comment that Universal is better than Disney, yet failing to acknowledge that they can’t make rides without screens anymore and don’t recognise that Universal Studios Florida is as disjointed as Dinoland USA
10. Getting annoyed that Hollywood Studios doesn’t have a recognised icon within the park’s hub, but also feeling relieved that the big a$$ hat is gone
12. Worrying about the moral implications of MagicBands and whether Disney knows when you take a whizz
:banghead:

:D
I was ready to make fun of them but I was pleasantly surprised. Time to see what they're like inside tomorrow.

Disone

No kidding... some folks post some pretty edgy photos too...
View attachment 321276
lol. Here are the originals. These of Orange were taken June 22 2017. Orange still looks good but isn't quite as shiny now. And oddly not all the paint jobs have been standing up as well as Orange's as. Gold was photo graphed here September 2017. Imo, gold did not turn out as well as Orange. Today the stripe is fine on both but Orange base of white just gleams better. But in general the fleet does look better. I know some mechanical stuff are being done to them, that's clearly evident when you see them backstage (lime is back there now) in the maintenance bay, parts are missing and removed. But I don't know how much account work is actually being done and how long its intended to last.
20170622_134131_HDR.jpg
20170622_134208_HDR.jpg
20170622_134158.jpg
20170916_170020.jpg
20170916_170026.jpg
20170916_170034.jpg

Creathir

lol. Here are the originals. These of Orange were taken June 22 2017. Orange still looks good but isn't quite as shiny now. And oddly not all the paint jobs have been standing up as well as Orange's as. Gold was photo graphed here September 2017. Imo, gold did not turn out as well as Orange. Today the stripe is fine on both but Orange base of white just gleams better. But in general the fleet does look better. I know some mechanical stuff are being done to them, that's clearly evident when you see them backstage (lime is back there now) in the maintenance bay, parts are missing and removed. But I don't know how much account work is actually being done and how long its intended to last.
View attachment 321404View attachment 321405View attachment 321406View attachment 321409View attachment 321410View attachment 321411
It’s interesting how some of them hold up better than others.

Being from Texas, I’m well aware of the power of the summer sun, I’m sure Florida’s is no different.

Or maybe it’s a different guy back in the painting booth, and it’s not as even of a technique between the different cast members.

Figment2005

It’s interesting how some of them hold up better than others.

Being from Texas, I’m well aware of the power of the summer sun, I’m sure Florida’s is no different.

Or maybe it’s a different guy back in the painting booth, and it’s not as even of a technique between the different cast members.
Or it could be one was clean and the other dirty.

Disone

Or it could be one was clean and the other dirty.
They both look great out of the shop. Orange has held up better. I'll try to take some pictures of orange today and gold today. It's not about whether or not one was clean and one was not. They were both clean and shiny when they came out of the shop. They both are now but oranges held it Shine better.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Be sure to check out their new carpet replacement method. After all why replace the whole thing when only one tiny part was damaged.
View attachment 321388
Looks like an access hatch recently recovered... not much you can do about those when the old cover finally peels off.

View attachment 321404View attachment 321405View attachment 321406View attachment 321409View attachment 321410View attachment 321411

Does this qualify as monorail pr0n?

geekza

Does this qualify as monorail pr0n?
Rule 43... ;)

Honestly, I think they look pretty great in this photos. I don't think the Gold color scheme holds up as well, since it has a very 1970's look to it that has fallen faaaar out of fashion. Then again, part of me is glad that they're at least making an attempt to keep a little bit of nostalgic design. I don't really know much about the design changes over the years, so aside from the actual vehicle updates since 1971, I don't really know how the paint schemes have changed.

GlacierGlacier

You forgot the rule stating that nothing added to future world will be better than what it replaced. Ever, in any case.

s8film40

Looks like an access hatch recently recovered... not much you can do about those when the old cover finally peels off.
No, it’s not an acccess hatch. There’s a solid wall behind that. I thought it was funny they went to all the trouble to line up the “D” pattern, just a shame the carpet has apparently already faded so much.

GCTales

[/18th century indignant outrage]
I say, Sir! This is a family site!

How dare you post such outrageous and scandalous images showing the monorails's... Uhmmm....underthings!!!
[/end outrage]

😄😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom