The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And, many dealers don't want the used ones on their lots, so they sell them to wholesalers, that sell them to other dealers. Everyone has to make some money in that food chain, thus the low trade in values/money.

That's interesting--never knew that. (I had wondered what the dealer did with our old rust bucket we traded in, when we bought our newer, used car, a few years ago. I mean, "trade in" was a joke--our old car was OLD and was a HEAP. I knew they'd never sell it on their fancy lot with all those pretty, expensive cars, SUVs, etc. Now I have an idea of where it ended up.)

We got $300 for it, which surprised us--it was 14 years old at the time and I can guarantee, it had no KBB or whatever, value at all. At the time, we were even prepared to just drive it to a junk yard & maybe get $80 for scrap metal, so were happy with the $300 we got!) :hilarious:

FutureCEO

They valued it at $500. My old Aurora, which we traded in for my dad's Lacrosse, we got $550 for, and it was older and in worse shape. Like, limping to the dealer bad. He's going to go higher on them and ask for $1000

My car is worth $1800 which I don't believe is right because it has gotten dinged a couple times but always fixed. I will have a lot more mileage then I put in when I will trade it in though.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I volunteered at our Church festival recently.. T was my helper..at least for a little bit at a time, he’d run around with his friends, come back to spin the money wheel a few times, then head back out. So much fun!

We’re Catholic, so gambling dominates the festival alongside the rides ;)

Even with the rain the festival still did very well.. and Our booth did great! One 10 year old placed a $5 on the 20 spot.. only one 20 on the wheel.. hit it on his first spin- $100 to him!. It was pretty neat. The kid was so excited.
T won $25 on roulette and $17 on Bars and Bells.. he saved the $25 but used the $17 to buy more tickets, which didn’t end up being winners.lol
View attachment 289698
Years ago at my old quilt guild we held a bingo night just for fun with a few different ways to play. I was the only one with a stack of cards which were well managed:joyfull: The running joke that night was "That's not fair she must be Catholic":angelic:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Unfortunately no. In California there are automatic restraining orders so I can't remove him until the divorce is finalized. :mad:

The thing that gets me is that he has purchased 2 pop-up campers, paddleboards/recreational equipment, and just recently a $1699 fitness bike (based on his own negative Yelp review where he complained that the seller didn't tell him it didn't have Bluetooth :rolleyes:), but he told the judge that he's broke and can't afford his lawyer anymore. Plus, he keeps claiming that I'm independently wealthy. Right, like I just work for fun. :facepalm:
{{HUGS}} Would you like the map sent overnight mail:angelic:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yep, you'll never get (most of the time, not even remotely close) as much for trading the used vehicle in, as you'll get if you take the time/hassle to sell it yourself.
And, many dealers don't want the used ones on their lots, so they sell them to wholesalers, that sell them to other dealers. Everyone has to make some money in that food chain, thus the low trade in values/money.
We've done very well trading our last 2 in at the same place. Part of the reason we went there is because of how they treat the employees of my dh's workplace:joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

I think I’ll order 2 pair of shorts..one pair of socks..one practice shirt.. and new warmups.
I bought both the home and away jerseys in size 10.. one practice shirt in a 10, and one practice shirt in an 8..his shorts are 8s. Thr size 8s will most likely be too small before August..he’s just so skinny though!

The Game jerseys are custom from Nike (which is why I bought them a little big), but the practice jerseys and warm up suits are basically iron on decals and/or patches on top of Nike club gear. I don’t see why those would need to be decided on right now...I wish we had another month for that. I’m not buying 3 more pair of socks before the uniform change, for sure.
I just have 1 uniform to buy. :p

MySmallWorldof4

How much of a difference are you at? Have you thought about just putting your car on Autotrader or Craigslist? You’ll get more money selling it as retail instead of trade.

It’s tough with older trades because the dealer most likely can’t resell them as a retail vehicle, which means they aren’t inline with what KBB says. Kelley Blue Book is a good resource for private sales if you do go that route.
That's a good idea. The dealer is probably going to give the car to an auction place anyway. For the little they will give you, either put more money down, or take a larger loan. Sell the car on your own.

MySmallWorldof4

They valued it at $500. My old Aurora, which we traded in for my dad's Lacrosse, we got $550 for, and it was older and in worse shape. Like, limping to the dealer bad. He's going to go higher on them and ask for $1000
$500? Don't quibble over $500. I thought it was $1000 or more. Sell it on your own. Is $500 worth it for you to lose a car that you love and most importantly need?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom