The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

So...the dealer accepted my offer!!!

Now onto the financing portion. Fun fun...

In other news, it looks like my mom is also getting a new car. She's getting a Buick Enclave. She took hers in, and it's got over $3,000 worth of repairs. They're looking at trading it in and getting one of the leftover 2017 models.

My mom has it right now in our garage.

It's been a big week for us in the car world.
Congratulations! Hope all of the financing goes smoothly.

21stamps

I hate the World Cup times..how they are always in the morning and afternoon....Sigh
Me too!

I’m recording so many games.. Portugal and Spain is what my kiddo is looking forward to the most. I’ll have to avoid the internet until we get home.

Have you downloaded the app?
I still need to go buy a frame for our bracket poster, I should probably do that during lunch today.

MouseDreaming

There's a location in the city where I work, that there is a Dunks on one side of the street, and exactly on the opposite side of the street, is a Starbucks! (I've been known to buy a donut at Dunks and go across the street to Starbucks for coffee!) :joyfull:
Where I live, there is a Starbucks with drive thru that they built right next to the Dunkin' with drive thru. I swear people decide what they are drinking by the size of the line that morning.

MouseDreaming

Hey everyone, I know it's been a long time, although I swear I thought I had posted earlier this year, but apparently it's been since November?!?! And I can't remember if I actually posted an update like I said I would, so hopefully I'm not repeating myself. The bad news is I AM STILL NOT DIVORCED!!! The good news is since August 2017 I have had 50/50 custody of our daughter and an alternating week schedule, so I now get free time every other weekend (only took 2 years and 2 months :rolleyes:). We were just in court the last week of May to clarify our custody stipulation and the judge basically told my ex that when it's my custody time, he can't dictate who takes care of our daughter, and the judge would not penalize a working parent for utilizing child care. Not that I use child care, but my mom helps out a couple afternoons during my custodial weeks, which my ex tried to tell the judge should not be happening. He even told the judge that he believes that only him and myself should be the ones to care for her! The judge was like, um no, that is not how she's going to rule. Him and his inept lawyer kept trying to argue over and over, but the judge stood firm in her decision. And while it was a huge relief to hear the judge say everything I hoped she would say, I knew that it would not change my ex's negative behavior toward me. We are supposed to see a co-parenting counselor, but my ex thinks the judge ordered classes, which are useless. We need someone who will hold him accountable for acting like a jerk. So we may need to go back to court if my ex doesn't agree to counseling. Although we aren't even sure if he plans to represent himself now, which just further demonstrates his craziness. The only thing left to settle is spousal/child support, which should be easy, but as I've already witnessed, nothing about this divorce has been easy. My lawyer and I think the reason why my ex is dragging out the divorce now is because he needs surgery to replace both his knees and a hip (since he is still on my insurance). :facepalm: But my ex has other beliefs, which he posted online, although I was able to have his Yelp and Avvo reviews removed, woohoo! However, Google is still up, and y'all can see some of the craziness I have been dealing with for over 3 years now (and longer, if you include our marriage): https://goo.gl/maps/uZabKECbQEn. Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know I'm doing OK and I hope you all are doing well, too. Oh, and I'm also still seeing the same guy, it's been over 2 years and going really well. :cat:
Hello! Glad you are doing ok riding the crazy wave. Although, I am sorry you are still navigating it, especially that brand of crazy. Geesh! Hope you and your new special guy and DD are still able to enjoy lots of Disney days!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My Mom made pickled beets when we were young. They were good!! The ones in the stores are awful in comparison so I don’t eat beets any more😟

I'm not a fan of pickles either, but I'm sure my mom made some good ones too because she was a good cook. So I think it was just my weird tastes in not liking pickled vegetables. I can imagine the ones in stores are bad, homemade stuff is usually better.

MouseDreaming

Going home tomorrow morning, wish me luck.
good-luck.jpg

21stamps

I volunteered at our Church festival recently.. T was my helper..at least for a little bit at a time, he’d run around with his friends, come back to spin the money wheel a few times, then head back out. So much fun!

We’re Catholic, so gambling dominates the festival alongside the rides ;)

Even with the rain the festival still did very well.. and Our booth did great! One 10 year old placed a $5 on the 20 spot.. only one 20 on the wheel.. hit it on his first spin- $100 to him!. It was pretty neat. The kid was so excited.
T won $25 on roulette and $17 on Bars and Bells.. he saved the $25 but used the $17 to buy more tickets, which didn’t end up being winners.lol
5855E43C-1BE1-4AB7-8276-F9A4394F639E.jpeg

Last edited:

catmom46

catmom!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Great to "see" ya', and glad to hear you are OK...!!!!! :)
Sorry to here the donkey is still bein' a donkey, but, glad to hear it seems to be goin' more the right (your ;)) way!!!
Also, glad to hear the relationship with the great guy you found is still goin' strong!!!

Thanks for droppin' in, the well-wishes, and don't be a stranger...!!!!! ;):)

Thanks! I am definitely going to make more of an effort not to be a stranger. I think of you guys often and wonder how y'all are doing. I have serious ketchup to do! o_O

Songbird76

You are correct. How hard can it be? Have you made it? I actually looked on a site how to make fermented cabbage, it is not pickled as there is no vinegar(learn something new everyday), and it says you need to pound the cabbage layer by layer to release its juices?
Sounds like something from The Half-Blood Prince’s potions book. ;)
With none of the helpful instructions in the margins?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom