Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Disney Maddux

There was something I was thinking:
Is it possible that both the Flight of Passage copy AND the Shanghai tech go into Epcot? Like, whatever is replacing WoL if anything, we could see a new FoP-style ride go in there. Then with a brand new country (Brazil), we would see the Shanghai tech ride?

Birthday #14 @ Pop Century   

nickys

Premium Member
Not that I think it will happen, but Frontierland in Mk could also use it. That's where the expansion plot is that's the easiest to use next. Is there any reason why the technology couldn't be used there?

Regardless of that, Epcot should get the new ride system, in Germany where it can finally be used to do something similar, but better (as in updated) than the original proposal. No idea what exactly, but I'm sure it can be pretty spectacular. But the technology seems to fit well there, imo.

I think that the system is a little flashy for Frontierland. They could do some sort of horse-racing type ride, but the system feels a little too high tech for the rest of the land. The other attractions give the illusion of simplicity (carved out log, ‘real’ bears, rafts, and a locomotive), and I feel like it would stick out in a bad way.

Horse racing? Wait, are we talking about Shanghai Pirates tech or Flight of Passage tech?

Flight of Passage.

OK. To be clear, I was referring to the Shanghai Pirates technology for both Frontierland and Germany at Epcot.

Not FOP! :rolleyes::joyfull:

Kman101

So. I've caught up and I do sort of kind of like the idea of Indy discovering dinosaurs. I can go with it. Maybe I'm already at the acceptance stage?

I'm still clinging to my Indy boat ride at DHS but I can get behind the above I guess.

I'm fine with the coaster. It should have been there from the start. I know the carnival was cheap but they couldn't squeeze out enough dough for the Excavator? Instead we had Privemal Whirl, which, they're fun coasters, but no thanks.

mmelka

Reading through the last ten pages have been a bit wild. I think the inclusion of Indiana Jones to DAK is not my first choice, but causing more chaos at DHS would not be helpful either with Star Wars coming around the corner. In a perfect world, like many have said here, I would have the new Indiana Jones ride next to the stunt show, or level the stunt show to create a new land.

But I told my wife about the rumors and she thought it fit perfectly. She goes, "Indiana Jones likes adventure, DAK is about exploring and adventure, I think it fits fine!" I think like many of you have stated, if they totally can the Dinosaur area and retheme the whole land for South America at a archaeological dig site of an ancient ruin would be best. I think the addition of jaguars, caimans, llamas, fish and other South American animals would be really welcomed. Indiana Jones could have a temple similar to DL or even HKDL, but I would prefer to keep it more towards ancient mysteries of the world and further from aliens. For the other attractions in the new Indiana Jones/South America land, the excavator coaster would be a cool addition, but I still enjoy the classic dark rides, and would be curious if they could integrate a temple water ride similar to Pirates but have them near enough the animal enclosures to see some of the animals too. I think the potential is there and as much as I might miss the Dinosaur ride, it got better with the last refurbishment, I think if Indiana Jones is done right then it could be better!

FigmentForver96

So. I've caught up and I do sort of kind of like the idea of Indy discovering dinosaurs. I can go with it. Maybe I'm already at the acceptance stage?

I'm still clinging to my Indy boat ride at DHS but I can get behind the above I guess.

I'm fine with the coaster. It should have been there from the start. I know the carnival was cheap but they couldn't squeeze out enough dough for the Excavator? Instead we had Privemal Whirl, which, they're fun coasters, but no thanks.
Believe it or not I wouldn't be against it completely either. So long as they keep the Dinosaurs and present that as a large portion of the area alongside Indiana Jones. Now if they just throw a carbon copy of the old ride in..then I shall riot.

It's also double positive to remove the carnival and continue to allow Animal Kingdom to mature and develop as a true DisneySea relative.

lazyboy97o

I’ve never been on Dinosaur. Does the infrastructure exist to give Indy Justice as far as scope/ scale when it comes to the lava/ bridge room and an elaborate queue? Not saying that there will necessarily be a lava room but just a main central room?
The track layout of Dinosaur is very, very similar to the Indiana Jones Adventure. The big issue with a large central room would be if the structural system doesn’t have similar openness.

Disneyson

Ok. I’m Joe Rohde. I get this project. And I want it to fit into my park. I would:

1) Retheme Dinoland as South America and add South American animals
2) have an archeological dig present, allowing for a modified Dig Site to remain and the addition of the Excavator
3) retheme Dino as a South American temple that, magically, is filled with dinosaurs. It works for the IP.

In many ways, this would actually improve the land and the park.

I honestly think that this is not only the most sound and sense-making of the theories out there, it is also the most cost effective as well as the most palatable to my personal sense of theming.

Judging by how well-confirmed this rumor seems to be, I think this suggestion would be the lesser of the evils, would make fiscal sense, give more animals to the park, get that fresh fresh IP in, continue the conservation message of extinction, and essentially improve the park.

I mean really. If I wanted to visit Central Florida and go on a wild mouse I would visit the Fun Spot. South America is one of the last continents that begs to be included, while we still wait on Europe and it’s Unicorns. While I would mourn the loss of Phylicia Rashad, if Indy can successfully convey the message of Extinction and the inspiration to save our wildlife before it becomes extinct, I don’t see why not. Rhode was very savvy in his use of the Magic of Nature on Pandora, I can’t see why he couldn’t pull it off here.

Indy, essentially, is trying to save the past from being forgotten, right...? At least as a teacher. Perhaps this aspect of Indy will seep into the story.

The only thing is fear is where picky eaters will get their burgers.

flyerjab

Ok. I’m Joe Rohde. I get this project. And I want it to fit into my park. I would:

1) Retheme Dinoland as South America and add South American animals
2) have an archeological dig present, allowing for a modified Dig Site to remain and the addition of the Excavator
3) retheme Dino as a South American temple that, magically, is filled with dinosaurs. It works for the IP.

In many ways, this would actually improve the land and the park.

When can you get started on that?

999th Happy Haunt

If the main reason why they’re closing Dinosaur is because it’s too scary, why don’t they build like a slow moving time traveling dino dark ride (something like an omnimover) that would be suitable for all ages? That way Dinosaur isn’t the only way to see “real” dinosaurs in Dinoland, and now young kids will be able to see their favorite dinos without crapping their pants.

Haymarket2008

If the main reason why they’re closing Dinosaur is because it’s too scary, why don’t they build like a slow moving time traveling dino dark ride (something like an omnimover) that would be suitable for all ages? That way Dinosaur isn’t the only way to see “real” dinosaurs in Dinoland, and now young kids will be able to see their favorite dinos without crapping their pants.

I’d love to see The Good Dinosaur in the style of a roadside attraction. Kidding, but kinda not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom