Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Slowjack

If the main reason why they’re closing Dinosaur is because it’s too scary, why don’t they build like a slow moving time traveling dino dark ride (something like an omnimover) that would be suitable for all ages? That way Dinosaur isn’t the only way to see “real” dinosaurs in Dinoland, and now young kids will be able to see their favorite dinos without crapping their pants.
I agree. I've always thought they should have a ride that was the equivalent of the Kilimanjaro Safari but with dinosaurs. Not just because it would be non-scary for the younger set, but also just to allow you to really see some dinosaurs, instead of just getting some fleeting impressions.

msg7

If the main reason why they’re closing Dinosaur is because it’s too scary, why don’t they build like a slow moving time traveling dino dark ride (something like an omnimover) that would be suitable for all ages? That way Dinosaur isn’t the only way to see “real” dinosaurs in Dinoland, and now young kids will be able to see their favorite dinos without crapping their pants.
Wait, do you have a link to the post which said they're closing it because it's too scary? I believe that they would do this 100%....

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

They made this ride at Knott's Berry Farm (Kingdom of the Dinosaurs) and it was awesome.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Universal Property and god no, that'd be even worse then Dino-Rama.

My point was that the premise of the movie matches the aesthetics and tonal shifts of this land; switching from low-fi toony Dinos to scary, realistic Dinosaurs as portayed in the movie. The movie's subplot is* Dinorama. Not to mention the vibe jives with the shady roadside carnival theme. Just an observation. And yes... It's a great movie.

Last edited:

cjkeating

If they retheme Dinosaur to Indy, they need to fit the boulder scene into the story. Without it, there's no reason to do this switch.

As long as they can get it to work reliably... I have about a 50% hit rate with this and when it doesn't work it is on of the most embarrassing show scenes which is your lasting impression of the ride.

mickEblu

As long as they can get it to work reliably... I have about a 50% hit rate with this and when it doesn't work it is on of the most embarrassing show scenes which is your lasting impression of the ride.

Or maybe instead of the boulder they can recycle the old T-Rex head on a stick from USH that they ll probably be getting rid of for Jurassic World.

mmelka

I agree. I've always thought they should have a ride that was the equivalent of the Kilimanjaro Safari but with dinosaurs. Not just because it would be non-scary for the younger set, but also just to allow you to really see some dinosaurs, instead of just getting some fleeting impressions.

This would be cool. Especially with new technology seen on Kong Skull Island, you could even have various animatronics doing the "driving" and spiel associated with the dinosaurs - not to mention that safari type vehicles are quite the crowd eaters with high capacity, especially if there is no chance a stray dino crosses in front of the vehicles. I think a dinosaur safari would be far and above a better solution than the carnival they have now, and you could still make it feel outdoors even in a stage building, or theme it to be an evening safari since I am sure having any animatronics exposed to the elements makes their lifespan shorter (see current Jurassic Park ride).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom