Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

ToTBellHop

Poor marketing by Disney that they never advertised it as such. "Huge robot dinosaurs" probably would have been a bigger draw than "Bill Nye lecture about global warming."
I always marketed it to my kids as the dinosaur ride and they’d still refer to it as such. It was a real gem of a ride. They could’ve kept it and used Wonders of Life as the entrance to Guardians...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'm leaning more towards acceptance with the Indy IP in DAK. (ugh!) I still loathe the idea (DHS is better*) Don't think Disney can pull it off without being corny or out of character. I suppose WDI could use the premise of El Dorado, goldlust and mysticism to explain Indy's presence. They could also justify the dino dig site if re-imagined to be a gold dig site; that just happens to have a few dino bones scattered about. The problem is the hypothetical Indy vs Dinosaurs plot. It dangerously close to breaking my own suspension of disbelief and seems a bit outlandish, even for the franchise. Are the dinosaurs brought to life via a magical artifact? I guess a point could be made that if they did decide to merge the The Lost City of Gold and The Lost World; it would explain why no one has returned with gold - They were likely eaten!

However, there is a perfectly good Indy attraction in DHS and a large enough plot of land to build a new Indy ride AND a soon to be shuttered-simulator ride that could use a quick IP overlay, etc. A mini-Indy land in DHS just makes more sense both logistically and financially, IMO. :shrugs:

@wdwmagic Apparently L-U-S-T is on the censor list. lol

Last edited:

deWild

Yes, I can confirm that Carnotaurus is from South America.

Here's me stretching - is this a cryptic message foretelling construction of a South American land between Asia and Rafiki's Planet Watch? There's only three other continents that I could see being viable for this space and one of them is covered in ice.

FigmentJedi

The problem is the hypothetical Indy vs Dinosaurs plot. It dangerously close to breaking my own suspension of disbelief and seems a bit outlandish for the franchise. Are the dinosaurs brought to life via a magical artifact? I guess a point could be made that if they did decide to merge the The Lost City of Gold and The Lost World; it would explain why no one has returned with gold - They were likely eaten!
He's already encountered gods from multiple faiths, interdimensional space aliens, visited the Lost City of Atlantis in the video game that all Indy fans love, but a "Dinosaurs surviving into the modern day" plot is what breaks it for you?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
He's already encountered gods from multiple faiths, interdimensional space aliens, visited the Lost City of Atlantis in the video game that all Indy fans love, but a "Dinosaurs surviving into the modern day" plot is what breaks it for you?

Indiana Jones stories have always been anthropocentric. The faith of man. The greed of man. Gods/Aliens helping man. Man protecting X or X protecting man. Mankind at war, etc. Archaeology is the study of mankind through history. Dinosaurs are just dinosaurs they have no direct correlation or impact to mankind; definitely not in a societal way. If Indy was a paleontologist it would fit. He's not. No amount of supernatural shenanigans can make "Indy vs Dinosaurs" work without some suspension of disbelief, IMO. And for this ride in particular any effort to bring Indy into the fold will still feel shoehorned. IMO.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom