Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Kamikaze

What about the carnotaurus and alioramus will they still be there and thier skin color stay the same?

You're being far too specific for something thats only a rumor and is years away from opening.

A rumor that will probably turn out to be accurate, but still only a rumor at this point.

Kamikaze

Also, if Disney does decide to change it... well, there's nothing we can do about it here. This is just a discussion forum of fans. It doesn't affect Disney decisions.

There are things that can be done, but the problem is twofold with Disney fans:
1) They/we can't organize around anything.
2) Everything is the end of the world (Everything is iconic). When you complain about inferior rides closing, you hurt your chances of saving something that is truly meaningful. I won't go into specifics of what I'm referring to, but the point is still made.

britain

You're being far too specific for something thats only a rumor and is years away from opening.

A rumor that will probably turn out to be accurate, but still only a rumor at this point.

@beooks1305 is our resident dinosaur fanatic, so it's understandable that he'd want any details that are out there.

Are there any dinosaurs you prefer over others @beooks1305?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Are there any dinosaurs you prefer over others @beooks1305?

Can't speak for @beooks1305 but my favorite is Littlefoot, although Petrie is up there. 1526324924592.png (Easily in the top five)

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

The ride system will stay. But instead of a story of you going back in time to nab a dino for Seeker, you'll be watching Indy having an adventure with dinosaurs. Dinosaurs stay, Indy gets added. There will be changes to which dinosaurs and how they're presented. We don't know in what way and probably won't for months if not years.
I want this Indy reskinning to be unique but, I also want it to be impressive. The best part IMHO of the DL Indy ride is the giant temple with the sketchy bridge in front of it. When the boulder scene works it is impressive too.
My question is: what will be impressive about this retheme that will make it stand out from the original attraction?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I want this Indy reskinning to be unique but, I also want it to be impressive. The best part IMHO of the DL Indy ride is the giant temple with the sketchy bridge in front of it. When the boulder scene works it is impressive too.
My question is: what will be impressive about this retheme that will make it stand out from the original attraction?

It'll have dinosaurs! (apparently)

mickEblu

I’ve never been on Dinosaur. Does the infrastructure exist to give Indy Justice as far as scope/ scale when it comes to the lava/ bridge room and an elaborate queue? Not saying that there will necessarily be a lava room but just a main central room?

I dunno. The whole thing sounds lazy to me. To me adding INDY to Dinosaur sounds like the worst option. Either add Indy to DHS or do a complete rebuild of Indy in Dinosaur. Adding Indy to Dinosaur sounds like a bad starting point but maybe they ll surprise us.

WDWTank

I’ve never been on Dinosaur. Does the infrastructure exist to give Indy Justice as far as scope/ scale when it comes to the lava/ bridge room and an elaborate queue? Not saying that there will necessarily be a lava room but just a main central room?

I dunno. The whole thing sounds lazy to me. To me adding INDY to Dinosaur sounds like the worst option. Either add Indy to DHS or do a complete rebuild of Indy in Dinosaur. Adding Indy to Dinosaur sounds like a bad starting point but maybe they ll surprise us.
It’s completely lazy.

Jones14

Not that I think it will happen, but Frontierland in Mk could also use it. That's where the expansion plot is that's the easiest to use next. Is there any reason why the technology couldn't be used there?

What I want to see is DHS to get Indy, but in addition to a revamp of the stunt show, creating the mini IJ land. Not to replace the stunt show.

But since it seems that Dinosaur is going, then I think Indy will go there.

Regardless of that, Epcot should get the new ride system, in Germany where it can finally be used to do something similar, but better (as in updated) than the original proposal. No idea what exactly, but I'm sure it can be pretty spectacular. But the technology seems to fit well there, imo.
I think that the system is a little flashy for Frontierland. They could do some sort of horse-racing type ride, but the system feels a little too high tech for the rest of the land. The other attractions give the illusion of simplicity (carved out log, ‘real’ bears, rafts, and a locomotive), and I feel like it would stick out in a bad way.

peter11435

There is one thing I do not get about this: Why go ahead with this plan next year when they're just about to finish the Dino-Bash overlay to the area which was confirmed to be permanent? Kind of weird if you ask me...
Different parts of the company leading these respective projects. The Dino-Bash is a locally organized project largely driven by entertainment.

Permanent has a very different meaning to Disney than it does in the real world.

britain

I think that the system is a little flashy for Frontierland. They could do some sort of horse-racing type ride, but the system feels a little too high tech for the rest of the land. The other attractions give the illusion of simplicity (carved out log, ‘real’ bears, rafts, and a locomotive), and I feel like it would stick out in a bad way.

Horse racing? Wait, are we talking about Shanghai Pirates tech or Flight of Passage tech?

shortstop

There is one thing I do not get about this: Why go ahead with this plan next year when they're just about to finish the Dino-Bash overlay to the area which was confirmed to be permanent? Kind of weird if you ask me...
The cost of the Dino-Bash is peanuts compared to the dollars involved with a larger scale remodel of a ride and land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom