The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That’s great! And seriously realistic.. you pretty much described our Wednesday’s and Sunday’s prior to the sports madness. It’s just the showing up on doorstops that have changed so much.. not with close neighbors.. but when I was a kid we used to ride all over to friend’s houses. I haven’t seen that at all so far. We have a great network of parks here too.. every year we set a goal to hit them all, but end up repeating our faves.

I actually don’t think that I’m going to renew our zoo membership this year. It’s up in May...I think we’ve gone 3 times, and he’s done a couple of camps. Not sure if it’s worth it to renew again. Makes me sad because we’ve had great times there the past few years, but I think it makes more sense to just pay as we go at this point.

We only have to go to our zoo 2.5 times to break even, and we've already gone three times this year. Different age group though, LOL. I do kind of wonder if she'll still be into it when she's older. Or maybe she'll be more into it. Who knows.

We have neighbors that have kids.... like.... direct neighbors. But they don't play with my kid. Maybe I should make an effort to change that. On the one side is a super religious family with 13 grandkids that spend most of the summer at their house. I'm pretty sure they don't like us. They're nice enough to us, but my husband is covered in tattoos and we curse quite a bit when we speak in our back yard and our dog likes to bark at their kids. On the other side is a guy who has three kids and he was really nice to us when he lived there with his wife. But they started fighting a lot and then she moved out and then a year later a new woman moved in and then I think they got married. I don't know if he was embarrassed or what, but during the fighting and divorce time he stopped talking to us. Maybe we should invite them over for dinner or something.

StarWarsGirl

Sympathy like. That sounds awful. Especially when you're expected to do work.
I'm feeling a bit better now. I ended up having to grab my portable nebulizer out of my car and use it, but now I'm no longer dizzy, which was the worst. My cubicle has a door, so I can put my head down on the desk for a few minutes if I need to. Normally I leave the door open in case one of the guys from our team needs something. Not today.

21stamps

We only have to go to our zoo 2.5 times to break even, and we've already gone three times this year. Different age group though, LOL. I do kind of wonder if she'll still be into it when she's older. Or maybe she'll be more into it. Who knows.

We have neighbors that have kids.... like.... direct neighbors. But they don't play with my kid. Maybe I should make an effort to change that. On the one side is a super religious family with 13 grandkids that spend most of the summer at their house. I'm pretty sure they don't like us. They're nice enough to us, but my husband is covered in tattoos and we curse quite a bit when we speak in our back yard and our dog likes to bark at their kids. On the other side is a guy who has three kids and he was really nice to us when he lived there with his wife. But they started fighting a lot and then she moved out and then a year later a new woman moved in and then I think they got married. I don't know if he was embarrassed or what, but during the fighting and divorce time he stopped talking to us. Maybe we should invite them over for dinner or something.

It takes me longer to break even... I do a Platinum pass so he can bring friends or niece and nephews..also includes the train and carousel ride. I don’t think I came close to even the past 12 months.
For the museum I also do a family+ caregiver so I can include my mom on a pass. Our museum has been under construction for over a year now.. luckily they gave us a free 6 month extension. I debated not renewing, but we do take advantage of the reciprocity, COSI is the only place we’ve used our Cincinnati Museum Membership this year.. so crazy!

93boomer

Premium Member
I'm feeling a bit better now. I ended up having to grab my portable nebulizer out of my car and use it, but now I'm no longer dizzy, which was the worst. My cubicle has a door, so I can put my head down on the desk for a few minutes if I need to. Normally I leave the door open in case one of the guys from our team needs something. Not today.
Hope you feel better!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It takes me longer to break even... I do a Platinum pass so he can bring friends or niece and nephews..also includes the train and carousel ride. I don’t think I came close to even the past 12 months.
For the museum I also do a family+ caregiver so I can include my mom on a pass. Our museum has been under construction for over a year now.. luckily they gave us a free 6 month extension. I debated not renewing, but we do take advantage of the reciprocity, COSI is the only place we’ve used our Cincinnati Museum Membership this year.. so crazy!

We'll likely do that when she's older too. I hadn't thought about that. Right now all of her friends have zoo passes and she's perfectly content just going with me. I keep forgetting that a time will come when she'll rather hang out with her friends :cry::cry:

Songbird76

A: I have a rainbow giraffe
Me: he's so pretty, what's his name?
A: HAKI!!! And today's his birthday!!
Me: oh it is??
A: yeah!! He's three years old like me! And Thea!!
Me: oh!! Three is a good age!!
A: yeah, and he needs Cheetos for his birthday!!
Me: well, Haki is a giraffe, so he needs leaves and lettuce...
A: nooo... Haki is a rainbow giraffe and rainbow giraffes are magical. Cheetos are magical. Rainbow giraffes eat Cheetos...
Me: okay, we can get Cheetos for Haki's birthday....
A: AND CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

Happy birthday Haki!!??!
View attachment 279692View attachment 279693View attachment 279694
Chocolate cake and cheetos?? Did my invitation to the birthday party get lost in the mail?? That's my kind of birthday food!

StarWarsGirl

We'll likely do that when she's older too. I hadn't thought about that. Right now all of her friends have zoo passes and she's perfectly content just going with me. I keep forgetting that a time will come when she'll rather hang out with her friends :cry::cry:
Aww. Well, you never know. I still like hanging out with my mom. We have a really good relationship. I went to California last year and texted her every single day. Dad I talked to once. He thought there was a problem. That was the only phone call he got. :rolleyes: And then there's this TofT photo where we got into it and ended up pulling each other's hair...fun times. :joyfull:

My friends don't mind if she tags along every now and then. For some reason, I keep making friends with people who either have absent mothers or not-good relationships with their moms, so my mom mothers them, and they love it.

You just have to get through the middle school years first...

Songbird76

If anyone hasn’t been on a flying coaster.. here’s why I freaked out..

You leave the station like this, on your back. We were in the very first row.

Then you go up the hill and can’t see anything except for the sky above you..
View attachment 279796

Then you SLOWLY start to go down the first hill, on your back.. your whole body slides and pushes against the shoulder restraints while you’re head first., that’s the first time I freaked out that he would slide out.
View attachment 279798

View attachment 279797

Then you twist face first staring at the ground “flying” and continue on like that, then flipping back and forth. Now your body weight is literally all pushed against the restraints, back no longer touching the seat.
See the leg restraints? I kept thinking that his legs were too small and must have come loose.. I was a hot mess, no question.
I’ll do better next time. ;)
View attachment 279799View attachment 279800
I need the gif that @Cesar R M always posts, with Bugs bunny holding a brick and shaking his head no. Nope nope nope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom