Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I disagree. If that were the case they would have fixed the roof and skipped the paint job. As it is, the paint job makes WoL look practically new again. Really nice job.

And then there is the state of things inside of the pavilion. The work done is like putting lipstick on a pig, it was the bare minimum required to maintain the occupiablity of the building.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
That’s a given. Lighting, fire detection and suppression, RCS...

Absolutely, there would be all that. Usually around the edge of the building to run up the wall and ceiling, no? What I was referring to is the electrical conduit ALL over the place. Basically, are there show scenes or not? =)

mikejs78

Premium Member
Hence forth why I qualified it by saying if they could get away with roof paper and tar they would in my op.
And my point is that they definitely could have gotten away with doing less than they are currently doing. So that kind of invalidates your point.

Why couldn't they get away with that if they really didn't care? I think they finally want to use this pavillion for something.

HauntedMansionFLA

With Guardians (yes it's a bad fit but hopefully will at least be an enjoyable attraction), filling this pavillion, and then hopefully (eventually) fixing Imagination and Seas, we have a real full Future World again. Add in a few exhibits and shows like Spectacular, maybe reopen SoaT in Innoventions and that would round our FW nicely. And with Rat and Poppins, Epcot becomes a real 2-day park again...
Could Disney slide any type of inside work done toward restoring WoL attractions under the radar till they are ready for an announcement? Two more attractions opening along GotG make that part of the park more manageable.

Acidsplat

The paint job makes me excited for the future of the building; it appears they're putting an effort into maintaining it.
My only hope is that it means there will be attractions again and not delegated back to a festival center.
But I guess anything can happen. The Backlot Tour received new trams just a few months before closing.

Based on its placement sort of further back behind trees, off to the side in Future World, I would be concerned with how they would get guests attention over to that corner of the park. The only way I see it is giant signs and advertisements nearby.

HauntedMansionFLA

The paint job makes me excited for the future of the building; it appears they're putting an effort into maintaining it.
My only hope is that it means there will be attractions again and not delegated back to a festival center.
But I guess anything can happen. The Backlot Tour received new trams just a few months before closing.

Based on its placement sort of further back behind trees, off to the side in Future World, I would be concerned with how they would get guests attention over to that corner of the park. The only way I see it is giant signs and advertisements nearby.
The opening of the GotG coaster might direct traffic that way. Plus, they could put it back on the official park map and app :)

mikejs78

Premium Member

Wasn't a problem back when WoL was actually.a functioning pavillion... Also it's pretty near Guardians, so basic sinage will probably do....

lazyboy97o

Disney refurbished the “hubcap” sun at Disney’s California Adventure after the Buena Vista Street announcement. All this excitement about the finish, which may well be part of the system, seems to be reading way to much into something.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Disney refurbished the “hubcap” sun at Disney’s California Adventure after the Buena Vista Street announcement. All this excitement about the finish, which may well be part of the system, seems to be reading way to much into something.
Sure, but couple that with @marni1971 and others saying that they are seriously looking at WoL for an attraction gives one cause for cautious optimism.

AKL2003

The fact that the pavillion has been attraction-less for as long as it has , IMHO, is the biggest disrespect to its park goers Disney currently has going (imagination coming a close second)...i hope all of this speculating pays off and that we can once again enjoy this area!!

Kman101

Sure, but couple that with @marni1971 and others saying that they are seriously looking at WoL for an attraction gives one cause for cautious optimism.

Exactly. If it weren't for the kernel of hope from Martin, I doubt most would be clinging to a fixing of the roof. I'd say there's cause for cautious optimism. Although I do understand someone pointing out it's likely just needed, and not a sign of anything happening, that they're not hand in hand.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Exactly. If it weren't for the kernel of hope from Martin, I doubt most would be clinging to a fixing of the roof. I'd say there's cause for cautious optimism. Although I do understand someone pointing out it's likely just needed, and not a sign of anything happening, that they're not hand in hand.
Let me reiterate whilst it’s looking hopeful, nothing I know of has been greenlit.

Acidsplat

Wasn't a problem back when WoL was actually.a functioning pavillion... Also it's pretty near Guardians, so basic sinage will probably do....
Wasn't it an issue towards the end? I remember people talking about Body Wars being a walk on experience, sometimes having a whole simulator to themselves.

I only meant it would be easy for guests to pass by it considering for the past decade there haven't been attractions besides demos for festivals. I would think it would depend on if it remains a hub with different things inside, or an attraction replaces the entire pavilion itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom