The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Did anybody see the news re. the Southwest Airlines flight that was supposed to go from NYC to Dallas but had an emergency landing in Philadelphia?
Part of one of the engines reportedly broke loose. Struck the outer wall of the plane...breaking open a window. A woman passenger was sucked by the decompression into that window. Other passengers grabbed onto her and saved her life.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

There was one person who lost their life. I saw the news report and I read a couple of online news stories. The passenger was taken to a nearby hospital and then died. I can't find any story as of yet that states any more details re. that tragic death.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
From one stubborn person to another, at least make a note of it somewhere. If you end up at the doctor for something seemingly unrelated, or are busy living your life and forget about the crazy bites, it is good to have a reminder. That way if you are asked if anything happened in the last (fill in time frame), you can say oh yeah. Instead of me who usually says no, and then remembers later.

Done and done. Good idea!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Did anybody see the news re. the Southwest Airlines flight that was supposed to go from NYC to Dallas but had an emergency landing in Philadelphia?

I missed this!! We normally have the news on at work but a new group moved in yesterday. They complained all day about it being Fox news, because it's trashy and unfair and all kinds of other things. But then when they finally changed it today they put in.... Wait for it...... Jerry Springer :cautious::cautious:

So i missed all the news but saw some pole dancing and know some guy named Jared *IS* the father :banghead::banghead:

SteveBrickNJ

I missed this!! We normally have the news on at work but a new group moved in yesterday. They complained all day about it being Fox news, because it's trashy and unfair and all kinds of other things. But then when they finally changed it today they put in.... Wait for it...... Jerry Springer :cautious::cautious:

So i missed all the news but saw some pole dancing and know some guy named Jared *IS* the father :banghead::banghead:
That's terrible. :(

21stamps

Ummmm.. for $99.99 this is one flimsy iron on decal.

Same stupid thing as T’s own soccer uniforms. All hand wash.. mostly because we can’t let the decal fall apart. :hilarious:
Whatever, it finally arrived and is in my hands, shorts are sold out everywhere in stores and online..so he got their ‘away’ uniform shorts. Birthday shopping completed!
FF2AE73F-61A4-4538-A879-81F4C9394D61.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was actually right twice for me: when I tore a ligament in my thumb, and when I had the flu. Thank goodness Dr. Google got me to an actual doctor both times.

I agree. You can't believe everything you read, but what I try to do is find a trend in the symptoms if I'm looking up something medical. Dr. Google has been helpful in many instances--a few times convincing me to go to the doctor for something or other.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ok all.. I may have salvaged T’s 8th birthday potential disappointment.

Here’s the plan-

Tonight - make Real Madrid jersey cookies for class, put T’s last name and “8” along with the Adidas symbol on each. Can’t do the Real Madrid crest.. maybe I could put it on the cookie bags?

Later tonight- fill his room with balloons and a happy birthday banner.

Tomorrow-

Hide behind his door then jump out and spray him with Silly String when he wakes up.
Too cruel?

Have a fancy donut with lots of marshmallows.. stick an “8” candle in it..have it lit sitting on the table with his presents when he comes downstairs.

After school- Pick him and 3 friends up (already told their parents) and surprise them with a 90 minute jump at a trampoline park.

Drop kids off. Go to soccer practice. Come home and do homework, have a giant cupcake waiting for desert.

Save a ‘family party’ for when my sister’s family comes back from Florida next week. I’ll make the soccer cake at that time.

How does that sound? Is it weird not to have a cake on your actual birthday?

Yikes . . . by the time you get all that done, he'll be 25! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Love it! And no, it isn't weird. Some of those cupcakes are pretty elaborate, now. And you are pretty lucky you can send treats in to school. A few years ago, new rule no food. Before that, nothing that was made at home, had to be labeled. Now you can bring in something for your birthday, but nothing you would eat. So birthday pencils, stickers, that sort of thing is ok. At one point it was recommended to make a donation to the class library.

Oh yah, that's what every kid wants for his birthday present . . . ;) :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Part of one of the engines reportedly broke loose. Struck the outer wall of the plane...breaking open a window. A woman passenger was sucked by the decompression into that window. Other passengers grabbed onto her and saved her life.

There was one person who lost their life. I saw the news report and I read a couple of online news stories. The passenger was taken to a nearby hospital and then died. I can't find any story as of yet that states any more details re. that tragic death.

I watched some of the nightly news when I came home. What a freaking bizarre incident. The part that got me was the other passengers holding on to this woman, to keep her from being ejected out of the plane, while in flight??!!! OMG! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

And as for the other passenger that died, he or she died at a hospital--haven't heard the reason why yet. Awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom