The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

@Songbird76 and @RedNoseMickey I was watching a sewing vlog over the weekend and it seems a store called Hennes and Mauritz gives a15% off coupon when you bring in a bag of old clothes&/or from anywhere
Cool....I didn't know that. But we give all our old clothes to an orphanage in Romania. There's a doctor where my in-law's live and he goes over to do checkups on the kids twice a year and collects clothes and toys for them. We send all the old stuff there.

Songbird76

Exquisite cake, and thank you, Donald!!

Thank you as well.

Thank you, Cesar.

Such a lovely cake for a snow connoisseur!! Good job--it takes one to know one as they say! :D

Well, the birthday actually happened over the past weekend. I kept it fairly quiet here, because I was so much enjoying Cesar's reactions to all the birthday wishes from others to him, from last Friday. And then he also had a nice family party, so I didn't want to take away any attention from that. :happy:
Happy birthday!! I wish I had made a cake....because then I could eat cake. Hope your day is awesome...what day was your birthday? (I didn't tell anyone when my birthday was either. It's so close to my son's that I just don't want to take the attention away from him, but then my brother always announces it on Facebook anyway.)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Relax the pool in winter alone will be a hit. My ds went to a winter pool party and all the kids worried about was swimming and cake

All the kids are really excited about swimming! And the cake is easy too. I bought a cake topper thing from Etsy, and just sticking it onto a Costco cake (already ordered) and putting edible sunflowers around the sides. Frozen Fever style.

The indoor pool has a zero entry, a lazy river, and a huge water play structure. My daughter is going to go nuts over it! It's very similar to the aquatic center we go to in the summers, but that is outdoors.

StarWarsGirl

That bad? What do they do that's so annoying? So I don't do that to my kids when they are older and DD might actually be willing to do mother /daughter trips with me....
My dad, for all the times he has travelled, is a nervous traveller. He spends the entire day anxious, and then he's anxious all the way through the airport and insists on rushing. I'm used to either flying by myself or with my grandma, and being anxious is not only counterproductive, but also one way to get yourself in trouble. Being coolheaded is a much better path. So I'm used to just being calm and cool going through the airport, especially Orlando, which is almost as familiar as BWI, and travelling with Mr. Nervous was just not fun. He rushes through the airport...to sit at the gate and wait. I'm like, "We don't have to be attached to this gate." I was just glad to get away from him during security. It took forever getting through, and he would have just been nervous about that.

And then because he's nervous, it rubs off on my mom and makes her cranky as well. She got irritated for me going to the restroom as soon as we got off the plane. She was like, "You didn't tell us what you were doing!" Hmm...yeah I did Mom.

Then, instead of just going to the restroom right then, they all went when we got to bag claim. Meanwhile, I stood there and got all six suitcases off bag claim. And my Dad's response when he came back was, "Well, why aren't you moving the suitcases?" Um, because there's six suitcases, my backpack, and my carry on, and one of me? Also, how about the fact that tiny me just lifted a bunch of 40 pound suitcases off here without a thank you?

And then, although they do trust me and know I can handle myself in an airport when I'm alone, they somehow forget this when I'm with them and think I need reminders about stuff like taking off my shoes in security and where to put my carry on...and then my dad was like (before we got in line for security, this was when I decided to make an escape) "Take off your watch!" Well, you actually don't need to take off your jewlery or watch (or fitbit) in the new scanners. Which I had to tell him three times before he believed me.

Even my mom was getting on my nerves, and she and I usually get along quite well. But on a plane, she thinks I'm 12 and need to be told what to do. Er...no.

Basically, you should be fine as long as you're not a nervous traveller and don't nag. :p

MouseDreaming

Oh no! I'm late to the game, so maybe she's made it back now? Did that have a contingency plan in case of something like this? A place to stay, money for food, etc? How many are there?
It all worked out fine. Luckily, one of the fathers that was traveling along was able to negotiate with the airline. Apparently, for all of there fancy software, AA can't tell when a person is part of a group, in this case, school group, with kids that should be kept together. The rebooked tickets are supposed to be for traveler's convenience. I have since found out, that the airlines plan also included having one poor girl stay behind by herself, and catch a flight the next day. It also seems the coaches were not going to get in contact with the airline to fix it. The dad was also instrumental in finding accommodations for the evening. I hear the Comfort Suites by the airport are really nice. Much better than the rooms at ASMovies.:eek:

MouseDreaming

MouseDreaming

Although cool, the weather is fine here in NC and almost all of us are good people. If it goes down that way, I wouldn't worry about it.
If she got stuck there, I would like to think since she is underage, the airline would have helped the girls with lodging of some sort. My real concern beyond that was she was running low on funds at that point.

MouseDreaming

In other news, getting old again this friday.. going to have the cake!!!

VcjGyDY.gif
Happy Belated Birthday! Hope the cake was amazing!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We decided not to get the camper. At the end of the day, I can handle another year or two of us not going camping all summer. Plus we have an aquatics center membership in the summer, so it's not like we don't have fun.

But I am still planning on taking the kid thing down to WDW in late September. Looking at options now for lodging, and potential discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom