The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's almost inevitable when 1,000's of people descend upon a city street, after a major sports championship that someone, or some thing is going to suffer harm/injury. It's why I stay home when my city teams are in the playoffs. Love the victory, but would never enjoy the crowds. Hey sometimes the crowds at the theme parks scare me in the same way. Especially after night time stuff.
Sad but true

MySmallWorldof4

The boys got the shoveling done before James bff got here.:joyfull: But there's a big butt. I just checked the weather(yes I should know better) The storm looks like the snow line is trending a bit farther south. Yup a foot of snow and maybe more but at least no ice. Come here little groundhog:angelic::angelic::angelic:
My driveway was all ice. I actually drove my car down the driveway to get the mail so that I wouldn't risk slipping down our driveway which is sloped downwards. :eek: We are expecting an icy rain mix Wednesday morning. :(Haven't seen a hide nor hair of any groundhogs here, and we have a lot. They are avoiding the frying pan.;)

Goofyernmost

What poster or what athlete ever used the word "forced"or even implied that victory was "forced"?
Athletes who are Christians like to deflect the praise that is lavished on them and refocus it on the Lord.
They are basically saying: "I did well because the Lord gave me the talent or ability to do so"
Well, then say it that way.... don't imply that Jesus was sitting in front of his flat screen munching out on chicken wings and directing Tom to miss that catch or even that he had anything to do with last years victory. Those athletes worked their butts off to make them able to accomplish spectacular things in life and sports. Jesus has much bigger fish to fry. However, all of us that believe that we originated from a divine presence, can probably be thankful that we were given life and the opportunity to do whatever we individually achieved in life. If you take that stance, then everyone on the other team also had the same basic blessing, but, they lost. How does that get explained?

MouseDreaming

So update on DD: First, she texted me that they were going to split the group, and that she and 3 other girls would be sent to North Carolina, and then catch a connecting flight to Chicago. I didn't like this for a bunch of reasons, and immediately started freaking out. DD is 14, wouldn't be flying with any coaches, and while one of their party was technically an adult, she just turned 18 on Friday. What would happen if the connecting flight got canceled? Really didn't want her stranded in NC.

So, then a new plan materialized. They were able to get everyone on a flight out tomorrow. Then DD didn't have an answer on accommodations for the evening, and I was out the door to work. There is nothing quite as nerve racking as hearing your phone keep pinging with a new message, and not being able to look at it, because you are in a class full of kids.

Now they are staying the night in one of the hotels, not far from the airport. And the snow just started here about an hour ago.

MySmallWorldof4

So update on DD: First, she texted me that they were going to split the group, and that she and 3 other girls would be sent to North Carolina, and then catch a connecting flight to Chicago. I didn't like this for a bunch of reasons, and immediately started freaking out. DD is 14, wouldn't be flying with any coaches, and while one of their party was technically an adult, she just turned 18 on Friday. What would happen if the connecting flight got canceled? Really didn't want her stranded in NC.

So, then a new plan materialized. They were able to get everyone on a flight out tomorrow. Then DD didn't have an answer on accommodations for the evening, and I was out the door to work. There is nothing quite as nerve racking as hearing your phone keep pinging with a new message, and not being able to look at it, because you are in a class full of kids.

Now they are staying the night in one of the hotels, not far from the airport. And the snow just started here about an hour ago.
I would not have liked the connecting flight idea as well. Who's to say that the new flight from NC to where you are wouldn't have been canceled as well because of bad weather? Staying overnight near the airport is a much better idea.

Goofyernmost

I would not have liked the connecting flight idea as well. Who's to say that the new flight from NC to where you are wouldn't have been canceled as well because of bad weather? Staying overnight near the airport is a much better idea.
Although cool, the weather is fine here in NC and almost all of us are good people. If it goes down that way, I wouldn't worry about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom