The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I do have more SLR photos from yesterday at DHS and today at Epcot, but haven't transferred them yet to my phone. I usually do that while waiting for a bus and on the bus, and with staying at Boardwalk, I haven't been on a bus. We also had friends come in yesterday and I'm not spending a bunch of time on my phone with them bein here. Bear with me and I'll get them posted asap.

MySmallWorldof4

I do have more SLR photos from yesterday at DHS and today at Epcot, but haven't transferred them yet to my phone. I usually do that while waiting for a bus and on the bus, and with staying at Boardwalk, I haven't been on a bus. We also had friends come in yesterday and I'm not spending a bunch of time on my phone with them bein here. Bear with me and I'll get them posted asap.
You will have plenty of time when you get back. Enjoy your family and friends. :)

MySmallWorldof4

12in12

DD got VWO advice!! So proud of her for how hard she has worked for this!! We knew it would most likely be VWO, but you never know for sure. She has to take the Cito in April, but they told us advice can't go down. I guess there were kids who should have had a higher score than they did, but they don't all test well, so kids were not getting scores that matched their ability. So now the school's advice weighs more heavily than the Cito score. But her teacher wants her to try for a perfect score. Average score is around 535, which is VMBO. You need around 537 for HAVO, and 545 for VWO, highest score you can get is 550. You can miss something like 15 questions and still get a 550, and on the "practice" tests, DD only missed like 5 questions or something, so he thinks she can do it. But even if she bombs it, she still gets to go to VWO, which is what she wanted so she could do the dual immersion program. Tonight is the info evening for that, so we are heading out in a bit.
Gefeliciteerd!!! VWO is a fantastic result.

Songbird76

No argument there. However, a flu shot can lessen the symptoms if you get the flu, regardless.
This latest strain seems to be a really nasty one. My friend's son had a flu shot, but she took him to the doctor when he first started getting sick and the doctor ended up giving him Tamiflu. The doc told her he's seen so many people with it, and most of them actually had the flu shot, but it doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING with this strain. I've never had a flu shot because I'm not in a high risk group, but after this last bout, I wonder if I shouldn't get one next year....even if it doesn't catch EVERYTHING, it might prevent SOMETHING.

Songbird76

Very glad for her:). Still seems complicated to me. It just matters that you understand it. ;)
It is rather complicated. I'm just proud of her...she's always been a perfectionist and she used to freak out if she got less than 100% on anything...like, really freak out. She'd be in tears if she got 90%. So we've been working on that and telling her she doesn't always have to be perfect....if 60% is the best you can do, we'd still be proud. But she's so motivated that I don't have to get on her about homework or anything and her teacher was really great...they had a group project/presentation yesterday and she had the bad luck to be in a group with 2 really lazy kids and one who did her part, but was sick for the last week. So DD had to cover the sick girl's part, plus her own, and then one of the lazy kids claimed she forgot the rest of her part and so DD had to jump in and do that too, but the teacher made sure to let her know that HE knew she had tried to help the other kids and get them to do their own work. He's been great for her self esteem in letting her know that he sees that she works hard and that she's trying to improve in the group setting since she's more comfortable working on her own. I was a bit worried when she got him as her teacher, because some other parents had complained about various things with him, but he's been great for DD and I haven't seen any evidence of the issues other parents had...one said this teacher struggled in school and couldn't believe it if a kid found something easy so he wouldn't let them do advanced work. But that hasn't been the case with DD at ALL. He's really encouraged her and kept her motivated and she's grown so much this year. I really feel like she's prepared for high school now.

Songbird76

Gefeliciteerd!!! VWO is a fantastic result.
She thought (very briefly) about doing Gymnasium, but she doesn't need Greek or Latin, and she really wants to do the Tweetalig Onderwijs (dual immersion) and the school here in town that offers that does NOT offer Gymnasium, and we will not send her all the way to Arnhem so she can do both. So she decided against Gymnasium.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom