The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

In other news, getting old again this friday.. going to have the cake!!!

VcjGyDY.gif

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
And now I'm freaking out. DD just texted me. Their flight was cancelled. Stupid winter!
So update on DD: First, she texted me that they were going to split the group, and that she and 3 other girls would be sent to North Carolina, and then catch a connecting flight to Chicago. I didn't like this for a bunch of reasons, and immediately started freaking out. DD is 14, wouldn't be flying with any coaches, and while one of their party was technically an adult, she just turned 18 on Friday. What would happen if the connecting flight got canceled? Really didn't want her stranded in NC.

So, then a new plan materialized. They were able to get everyone on a flight out tomorrow. Then DD didn't have an answer on accommodations for the evening, and I was out the door to work. There is nothing quite as nerve racking as hearing your phone keep pinging with a new message, and not being able to look at it, because you are in a class full of kids.

Now they are staying the night in one of the hotels, not far from the airport. And the snow just started here about an hour ago.

Sorry to hear about your DD's flight. I'm glad that they kept all the kids together. My jaw dropped when I read one of the plans was to send some of the kids on a flight without an adult chaperone. If I was a parent of one of those kids I would not have been one bit pleased with that. A few years ago while chaperoning a youth trip to San Antonio we had an issue when they wanted us to split up the group and hubs told them no way, and then on the way back the airline was offering an incentive for someone to be bumped from the flight. One of the kids who had just graduated from HS and was 18 really wanted to take the bump, but hubs said no way. It was a youth trip and that kid was our responsibility and everyone was traveling together. The kid was bummed but understood.

At least she got another day at Epcot though!

donaldtoo

I always had that problem. It bothered me back then, but now I am quite appreciative for how young I look. While others my age are coloring their grays, I don’t have enough to even make it worth it. No complaints. :)

I found my first gray hair when I was 19, same age as my mom. But, she has dark hair (she's still not completely gray at 78 and does not color her hair), and I was blond from pops side, so my gray didn't start to become really noticeable 'til my mid-late 30's. I still have a full head of hair, although it's pretty much 100% gray now. Beard is mostly 100% gray now as well, but, my moustache still grows in reddish. Or, at least as of a few years ago when she agreed to let me grow it out for Movember. She likes me to be clean-shaven.

donaldtoo

Thanks for the feedback, but I think I'm leaning towards agreeing with @Mr Ferret 88 and Port Orleans. Even with teacher and/or AAA discount it is cheaper than the Swan and PO has easy access to Disney Springs and the lounge with Hee Haw Bob. I will probably need Magical Express too because my flight is going to leave a lot later than hers. I thought about Coronado Springs because that has a nice pool area and lounge, I'm a little concerned about construction though.

Really want to stay at POR again at some point.
Haven't since our first two family trips in '01 and '03'.

donaldtoo

Sympathy like. We got 3 inches, so the original forecast was correct and not the one from the night before which stated less than an inch and rain after. Go figure.:rolleyes: We did get some rain on top of the snow so now the roads are icy. The wind is just brutal. Just had a 29mph gust. Hopefully they don't cancel your schools altogether.

Sympathy like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom