The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Get ready for more...

What do you call a fish with no eye?

Fsh.

What did one shark say to the other shark while they were eating a stand up comedian?

"Hmm, does this taste funny to you?"

What does it cost a pirate to get his ears pierced?

A buccaneer.

What was the man's reaction when he was struck by lightning?

He was shocked.

Did you hear about the Pillsbury dough boy? He passed away. Had a yeast infection.
angrymickey.png

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Great advice!

I love the sour dough from Panera.

I don't wear them as pants either. They are for under dresses or long tunics. I do have a pair of denim ones, but also only wear them with something that covers at least half my thigh. I cannot stand the LuLa Roe craze going on. I bought a pair from an acquaintance who had just started selling them and I thought I would help her out. First off $25 for a pair of leggings that felt like they would rip in about a minute. Ridiculous. Hate the material. I will stick to my well made kid sized leggings that cost less when on sale and last long enough to give as hand me downs.;)

I absolutely love LuLa Roe's leggings. The material to me is beyond soft and comfy. I on the other hand do not like their weird selling practices and very deliberate shortages to their sales contractors. It is annoying and a put off to me to encourage all that. My DD has many of the Disney ones. We've yet to have a problem with any of them. Most about $25.

If I am remembering correctly in the last year there was a manufacturing issue with some of them and Lu wouldn't take the defective ones back. The only way to return was if the Sales rep took them back but then they were not being reimbursed or so the story went or was rumored. They have very strange marketing....like waiting lists for their black leggings their most popular. It is IMO pure marketing 'cause if they can't supply what everyone wants most and can manufacture all the other multi color ones....it forces you to comply with the sellers tactics. Buy the dress and qualify to buy the black leggings. So I don't. Most of my DD are little kid sizes so they are cheaper and not coveted. Most of my leggings are from Penny's kids department, their larger size department. I'm short so it works. Average $5-7 about what I pay for tights. And that is what I wear leggings as.

Gabe1

Or she already has the perfect mom skills to be an awesome one!;)

Yeah, maybe... @StarWarsGirl has shared her feelings about kids over the years...not everyone goal or purpose. Me I wouldn't trade mine for the world but Motherhood isn't for everyone and I respect those who know themselves well enough to say not for me. Too many out there that should have taken another path. I have a couple of friends that have been married a long time but opted not to have kids. They have fur babies.

Gabe1

$800.00:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: That phone had better be able to wash the dishes, drive me to the store, make the bed, vacuum the carpets and cook dinner. No phone is worth that much money. None! And that's with a trade in? Gasp! That to me is the equivalent of someone selling one the Brooklyn Bridge. o_O

Yeah. iPhones are pricey aren't they??? But I had cheaper ones and I do greatly favor apple products. In fairness to myself I did without a chunk of indulgences when my kids were in college and yes it will be a Splurge when I finally bite the bullet again. But I got almost 4 years out of this current iPhone that I purchased outright. So if I pamper myself with a $200 per year splurge for something that I really enjoy I won't beat myself up about it. And no I own the phone so there isn't a trade in.

Gabe1

I loved Petite Sophisticates, cute clothes, nice large size range, decent prices although the pants ran a bit short at times.

Most of my business attire came from Casual Corner Petites back in the day. It was nice to find dresses, skirts and slacks that actually hit where they should. Ultimately I found Nordstrom's that altered for free. I avoid stores that alter men's clothing for free but charge for women's. :devilish:

Gabe1

You don't need to tell me about it:mad::mad::mad: i swear the only small sizes they seem to get in are in juniors and not even much of those:mad: and juniors cuts:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

See that is my problem. I maybe on the shorter end of the scale but I'm the Mom of two adult children. Me walking around in Juniors clothing at my age for me is inappropriate. I really don't want to pretend to relive my teens an 20's. More a goal to age gracefully.

Songbird76

Well...the school district is refusing to let us apply for special education for DS. They don't think he needs it, even though his psychological team thinks it's best for him and agrees we don't have time to mess around and possibly repeat what he has already been through. We need to get him in the right place NOW, and the district doesn't agree. We may end up having to move. I don't know. But how they think they know more about his needs than his parents, teachers, and psychologists put together, I don't know. We'll fight it. We'll sue the pants off them if that's what it takes. They did not provide a safe environment as required by law and we're not going to go through it again.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I absolutely love LuLa Roe's leggings. The material to me is beyond soft and comfy. I on the other hand do not like their weird selling practices and very deliberate shortages to their sales contractors. It is annoying and a put off to me to encourage all that. My DD has many of the Disney ones. We've yet to have a problem with any of them. Most about $25.

If I am remembering correctly in the last year there was a manufacturing issue with some of them and Lu wouldn't take the defective ones back. The only way to return was if the Sales rep took them back but then they were not being reimbursed or so the story went or was rumored. They have very strange marketing....like waiting lists for their black leggings their most popular. It is IMO pure marketing 'cause if they can't supply what everyone wants most and can manufacture all the other multi color ones....it forces you to comply with the sellers tactics. Buy the dress and qualify to buy the black leggings. So I don't. Most of my DD are little kid sizes so they are cheaper and not coveted. Most of my leggings are from Penny's kids department, their larger size department. I'm short so it works. Average $5-7 about what I pay for tights. And that is what I wear leggings as.
and that's why I won'y buy LuLa Roe

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well...the school district is refusing to let us apply for special education for DS. They don't think he needs it, even though his psychological team thinks it's best for him and agrees we don't have time to mess around and possibly repeat what he has already been through. We need to get him in the right place NOW, and the district doesn't agree. We may end up having to move. I don't know. But how they think they know more about his needs than his parents, teachers, and psychologists put together, I don't know. We'll fight it. We'll sue the pants off them if that's what it takes. They did not provide a safe environment as required by law and we're not going to go through it again.
That stinks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom