The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

If it's a stone...it can roll in and out of the bladder, when it leaves the bladder...all the pain starts...it's too big to go from the ureter to the urethra they are the size of a small hair. The stone can be really large up to a 7 milimeter. Or more, that's when they get stuck or can't pass. Either, can tear up your bladder or the rest of the plumbing. I'm hoping for no stones, for you they can be a real pain....
The stone I had last year was 10 mil. and got stuck in the opening between the kidney and the bladder completely blocking the path. I had to have surgery to get it out, How it got from my kidney to the opening to my bladder (sorry, I can't remember the name of the tube) without my feeling it is anybody's guess. Anyway, Big Thunder would be of little help.

It took two surgeries actually. The first was to place a stint to take the pressure off a much enlarged kidney and two weeks later, to break up and remove the stone itself. They placed a second stint after the removal to allow all that irritated stuff to calm down and heal a little. That stint I had to remove myself. Didn't really hurt, but, it certainly felt weird. It's kind of making me cringe a little just talking about it.

MySmallWorldof4

Hubby passed a very large stone. That tore up his ureter ect. He is on pain medication, and nausea pills. He hasn't eaten much for a couple days. I know he doesn't feel well.......I'm stressed and eating for him....:eek::eek::eek:
Sympathy like for your last posts. I hope your hubby will be better soon. They weren’t able to ultrasonically break the stone into smaller pieces. Guessing it was too late. Hope there is no more craziness until the cruise and that you will be able to hide from your sister. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
The stone I had last year was 10 mil. and got stuck in the opening between the kidney and the bladder completely blocking the path. I had to have surgery to get it out, How it got from my kidney to the opening to my bladder (sorry, I can't remember the name of the tube) without my feeling it is anybody's guess. Anyway, Big Thunder would be of little help.

It took two surgeries actually. The first was to place a stint to take the pressure off a much enlarged kidney and two weeks later, to break up and remove the stone itself. They placed a second stint after the removal to allow all that irritated stuff to calm down and heal a little. That stint I had to remove myself. Didn't really hurt, but, it certainly felt weird. It's kind of making me cringe a little just talking about it.
I cringed just reading about it:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: One of my steps had a stone once and our family doc told her the surgery wouldn't hurt and she'd be pain free after. She wasn't so he wasn't, a good swift kick:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: He was the same doc who busted me out after getting my knee done and told my mom. Small town sheesh everybody knew everybody's business.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hubby passed a very large stone. That tore up his ureter ect. He is on pain medication, and nausea pills. He hasn't eaten much for a couple days. I know he doesn't feel well.......I'm stressed and eating for him....:eek::eek::eek:

OMG . . . that's awful. Good that he passed it, but that sounded very painful. Too bad it was so large, because with the smaller ones they can do shock wave treatments and break them up that way. But if it's really large, they can't do that approach. Sorry to hear that Mr. Bets was in so much pain, but at least now he can look forward to a recovery in a few days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom