The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

On Netflix and Hulu we don't have commercials. Nice.
I can't wait to get off X-Finity too many commercials, the same programming over and over. If hubby would let me, I would throw out all TV'S. As they age, we are not replacing them. I loved the early days of T.V. Playhouse 90, Old movies, Arthur Godfrey, and Linkletter, he had the funniest show on T.V. kid's say the Darnest Things. Great funny humor . Then the original Bob Newhart series. When he was a shrink, so much more funny than the Inn Keeper. His supporting cast was wonderful too. They all played so well off each other.

betty rose

Buy a bottle of cheap wine. In juice glasses pour about an inch in each glass, a couple per room where they are hanging out. They will move say from the kitchen to bathroom or laundry areas or around a basement sewer drain. I had a real problem with them one year and it took me a long time to realize it was my tomatoes from either the farmers market or yard. Little by little they get drunk, fall in and drown. The sweet smell of wine draws them to the wine so I recommend a sweeter wine. If you have a Trader Joes or Aldi both have dirt cheap wine, good for killing bugs.

Ants peppermint extract (Walmart has the largest bottle for the cheapest price in baking area) will make them all go away (mice too) put some in a tiny spray bottle. Then to keep them out cabinets and drawers place a few sticks of Wrigley's Spearmint or Double-mint gum inside. They vacate. In spring planting mint around the house keeps the ants away too. Upside is it smells pretty and won't hurt anyone. Ants were marching in my kids kitchen from a window 2nd floor! I poured the extract on the concrete sill outside and inside the window and ants stopped their march in like an hour.
I have used Spearmint gum and it works like a charm! I will keep peppermint in mind. That's a new remedy to me!

betty rose

Levi's has an entire curvy hip version for the last few years now. Actually there are more of those now than there are flat hips. So the no hip and wanting Midrise it is frustrating. I did find what I wanted in Capri's though. We shall see what Fall Jean shopping brings. I really do hate Jean shopping. I live most days in Jeans so it is a staple for me so it can't be avoided for long. Oy.
Yes, I have been a Jean person for a long time too. I like the wider waistband that is elastic. They are so comfortable for me, and they have no hips. Who knew! I bought everything Kohl's had and with a 30% discount I got them for 11.00$. A steal, at least for me. I got bleached, dark indigo and medium indigo. A couple pairs each...that should last me a long time. I'm taking them on the cruise, in case it rains...I hate cold wet legs!

betty rose

I LOVE paint!
I did too, back in the day...I would paint the outside of our house in the summer and the inside during the winter, with a window open....now, I can hardly climb on a 2 foot step ladder. The outside of the house , it was built on a slope was over 27 ft. tall, open basement and two full floors, with a very high attic. I loved being up on the ladder...hubby doesn't like heights....he wanted to spot me on the ground. I don't think so, I would have probably smashed him up pretty good!:D:D:D

betty rose

The unexpected Kiss.
DLtG32RX4AAzE4m.jpg
I love the blonde kitty's eyes....was she surprised!

betty rose

My phone works extremely well. I get all my calls, messages, play games, stream stuff (although I don't do much streaming) and it takes pictures (two cameras, or at least can take them as selfies or front shots). It cost me nothing. My Verizon plan costs me about 70 dollars per month with unlimited call and texts and a 4G network that I have, so far, not even come within 35% of using what is included in the monthly cost. That will do fine, thanks.
I'm thinking of buying a couple carrier pigeons. Bird food is fairly cheap!

donaldtoo

True. I never buy anything not on sale though, and when at Disney use the AP discount. But pretty sure Disney Store(oops, Shop Disney), will be offering a 25% off all Disney Parks products soon as it is nearing Christmas time. But what I would do would be to hope that it would get discounted and then get the extra 25% off.:)

Hope the surgery goes well.

Sounds kinda' like when I was a Disney Store CM...we would wait for product to go on sale and then purchase them with our CM discounts...! :)

Thank you very much!
As you've probably already read, the surgery did, indeed, go well...! :)

betty rose

Sympathy like for your last posts. I hope your hubby will be better soon. They weren’t able to ultrasonically break the stone into smaller pieces. Guessing it was too late. Hope there is no more craziness until the cruise and that you will be able to hide from your sister. ;)
Me too. A drink a day Helps the Medicine (sister) go down!;););)

betty rose

I cringed just reading about it:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: One of my steps had a stone once and our family doc told her the surgery wouldn't hurt and she'd be pain free after. She wasn't so he wasn't, a good swift kick:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: He was the same doc who busted me out after getting my knee done and told my mom. Small town sheesh everybody knew everybody's business.
I had two surgeries for a stone, it was a big one 11 milimeter's mine was stuck in the bladder to the opening, and I got a stint it was the old kind glass and had to be taken out by the Doctor , The new ones are very flexible, and be easily removed. Hubby admits he is a chicken. Me, I wanted that thing out for the two weeks until surgery. Every time I moved it didn't and pinched really hard. I'm glad to see new things happening in the medical field.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom