Echo Lake Refurbishment

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. Remember they have to balance many, sometimes competing, interests. Including investors.

It is all explained in roller coaster tycoon. Heh.

If the world's premier theme park company cannot deliver new attractions on a steady pace without having to make sudden major changes to a park, then there is a serious problem.

cheezbat

The last thing WDW needed was more rushed projects due to overreacting to the competition.

Much better that they took the time to properly develop their plan.
I wouldn't have complained if this was how it played out though...we'd possibly have that Monsters Inc Door Coaster, a clone of the Indiana Jones Adventure, maybe Mysterious Island/Journey to the Center of the Earth(at DAK), and Radiator Springs Racers. Add to that maybe a Star Wars land in a different place in the park down the line and I personally think this park would've been better than the park we'll have come 2020.

Sometimes fast tracking things because you're afraid of what the competition might do can be a good thing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Care to share with some of us less then fluent in nautical signal flags what they decoded too?

Here you go...

upload_2017-10-5_1-7-0.png

jt04

I wouldn't have complained if this was how it played out though...we'd possibly have that Monsters Inc Door Coaster, a clone of the Indiana Jones Adventure, maybe Mysterious Island/Journey to the Center of the Earth(at DAK), and Radiator Springs Racers. Add to that maybe a Star Wars land in a different place in the park down the line and I personally think this park would've been better than the park we'll have come 2020.

Sometimes fast tracking things because you're afraid of what the competition might do can be a good thing.

Agreed although it has had mixed results at WDW in the past. Interesting points.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Much of the immediate area around the lake is fireworks viewing area. Putting up walls would cut quite a bit of that area off putting too much strain on Hollywood boulevard

Not to mention the walls would reinforce the idea that "almost the whole park!!!" is under construction, when, in fact, walling off Echo Lake isn't even taking away from any of the attractions.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The numbers are 782562896358, no idea what they mean.

And no on on the internet knows either. People have tried all sorts of codes and ciphers and have come up with nothing.

But, I think I have a solution: All the numbered pennants were chosen to 'go with' their neighboring letter flag. They were chosen to match the neighbors color or shapes. It was just aesthetics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom