Echo Lake Refurbishment

YodaMan

Original Poster
Then what? We stare at stumps? Seems crazy that this work is to get a Christmas tree on the island for a month or 2. Would've been more fun to just add lights to the palm trees like that old Corona commercial. I would like to think the island would be completely removed...mowing that must be a real pain :)

The stumps are already gone. It's just all mulch right now.

Daveeeeed

To me, HWS needs its mega open area and a complete overhaul of the hub. Paradise Pier is awesome for DCA as it feels massive. A far superior hub needs to happen too. I would love perhaps widening Echo Lake towards Indy could be cool. Obviously, it would not be as large as PP etc. but it would be really cool.

As epic as the spending for HWS is, it's just not enough. The park will still not feel diverse in terms of ride and beautiful in terms of the park itself. Even with parts of DCA being tacky like HWS is, there are far more beautiful spots than HWS.

Rob562

Then what? We stare at stumps? Seems crazy that this work is to get a Christmas tree on the island for a month or 2. Would've been more fun to just add lights to the palm trees like that old Corona commercial. I would like to think the island would be completely removed...mowing that must be a real pain :)

Perhaps they're rebuilding the structure of the island so that future trees on the island are in hidden planters that can be removed for the Christmas tree?

I, for one, would be against removing the island entirely. Islands in a body of water like the theme park lakes create a much more visually appealing vista. There's a reason they purposely built islands in many of the manmade lakes around property. (Seven Seas Lagoon, World Showcase Lagoon, etc)

Otherwise it's just a barren, treeless expanse, like the Animal Kingdom parking lot but with water instead of pavement.

-Rob

Daveeeeed

Perhaps they're rebuilding the structure of the island so that future trees on the island are in hidden planters that can be removed for the Christmas tree?

I, for one, would be against removing the island entirely. Islands in a body of water like the theme park lakes create a much more visually appealing vista. There's a reason they purposely built islands in many of the manmade lakes around property. (Seven Seas Lagoon, World Showcase Lagoon, etc)

Otherwise it's just a barren, treeless expanse, like the Animal Kingdom parking lot but with water instead of pavement.

-Rob
Echo Lake is puny though. Otherwise, I'd agree.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, September 23.

IMG_0075.JPG

CalebS

I think a indiana jones boatride like Journey into Atlantis at Seaworld orlando would be cool. Disneyfied with better theming of course, but I would like to see Disney’s take with the thrilling drop boat ride and the small coaster part on the end

Movielover

I think a indiana jones boatride like Journey into Atlantis at Seaworld orlando would be cool. Disneyfied with better theming of course, but I would like to see Disney’s take with the thrilling drop boat ride and the small coaster part on the end

You mean like Splash Mountain? which is a thrilling drop boat ride with a rollercoaster style drop in the middle.

ToTBellHop

You mean like Splash Mountain? which is a thrilling drop boat ride with a rollercoaster style drop in the middle.
That's a log flume. Disney does not have a shoot-the-chutes ride with a big boat and huge splash. See Atlantis or Jurassic Park. Basically, send Pirates boats over a Splash Mountain drop.

Movielover

That's a log flume. Disney does not have a shoot-the-chutes ride with a big boat and huge splash. See Atlantis or Jurassic Park. Basically, send Pirates boats over a Splash Mountain drop.

Yeah but Orlando's Journey to Atlantis is essentially similar to Splash, Atlantis just curves on its rollercoaster-like drop instead of Splash's straight airtime hill. If you had used Sand Diego's Atlantis as an example of a ride Disney does not have, sure, and I agree with you, I would love to see an Indy thrilling boat ride.

kthomas105

I've been wondering this with each photo of the drained lake. What purpose does the pipe serve running along the bottom of the lake. I'm sure it's just for drainage or recirculation/filtering but it seems like if it were just one of those reasons the pipe could be run beneath the bottom of the lake. Was there a fountain or feature that made use of these pipes?

Goofyernmost

It was always my understanding that type of fountain was just window dressing and part of the filtration/aeration systems. I'm not sure that is what the piping is for, though possible, it could just be feeds to other parts of the park. I don't really know. But, that fountain was accidental decoration with a job to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom