Echo Lake Refurbishment

Herbie

Like Animation Courtyard, I'm very curious what their long-term plans are for this area. If there are no broad plans (which I'm betting), then I'm curious what will eventually replace Indy and Star Tours and how that's going to work, theme-wise...

djkidkaz

I can't believe they are basically keeping a majority of the studios the same and just adding in toy story land and Star Wars land. This whole area needs to be demo'ed and built as something new. I feel like there should be a huge redesign of the existing studios. Other than sunset which is good the whole rest of the park needs to be fixed and updated.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can't believe they are basically keeping a majority of the studios the same and just adding in toy story land and Star Wars land. This whole area needs to be demo'ed and built as something new. I feel like there should be a huge redesign of the existing studios. Other than sunset which is good the whole rest of the park needs to be fixed and updated.
Echo lake area makes for a logical phase 3 of the rebuild. Because of a lack of capacity they probably don't want to take Indy show, Star Tours or even the Frozen sing along down until SW and Mickey are open. It would be logical that the echo lake section would be rethemed to whatever they retheme Star Tours to. One thing that I found odd is that they didn't add some sort of facility for Jedi Training Academy into the new SW Land.

PizzaPlanet

Echo Lake doesn't need to be demo'ed. There is plenty of expansion room on and behind the IJSS and Backlot Express plots.

Herbie

The actual lake with Hollywood & Vine and 50s Prime Time is fine, but the theatres need to be utilized, Indy and Backlot razed and Star Tours rethemed or also razed. And how you update these areas while also seamlessly fitting in the replacement with what works... That's a curiosity.

jt04

Sorry - I disagree. I love have bodies of water in the parks. That's one of the things I love about Pandora. Streams, lagoons, and countless waterfalls.

I just can't imagine it stays in its current form once the Indy theater goes but that does not mean the wouldn't repurpose the water feature.

DisneyFan18

Where are all the proponents of adding rather than replacing?

Everything from TSL to Launch Bay to RnRC is back lot that needs to be replaced to make DHS a true hub and spoke park. Get that built before completely redoing everything from Hollywood Boulevard to Muppet Courtyard.

Personally, I believe that the backlot from TSL to Launch Bay would be the perfect spot to build the Door Coaster and the Cars attraction. However that's probably uniquely...

Movielover

I wouldn't be surprised to see it when it opens. In fact, I'd be surprised NOT to see it there with as popular as it has remained.

@marni1971 any idea if they will be relocating Jedi Training Academy to SW Land?

The problem with the Training Academy is it does not fit the tone and setting of Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. The land is set during the new trilogy when there is no Jedi Academy. The show would either have to be reworked to be Luke's attempt at restoring the Order or the new stage would be built out of sight. The show is super popular so I doubt it will go away I just can't see them moving it as is to the middle of the ultra immersive land. They could take a cue from Diagon Ally's Olivanders and Make it a indoor or hidden theater in the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom