Hurricane Irma

BoarderPhreak

@BoarderPhreak thanks for the pics. Any update on POR? I am assuming similar tree damage as POFQ.

Pretty similar...

por1.png por2.png por3.png

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

Glad to see all of you Floridians and park guests checking in since last night. As nauseating as the bickering can be on here sometimes, it's nothing compared to a major life event like this so hope you all continue to remain safe.
My mom and sis rode it out off property at orange lake and been without power since last night but in good spirits.
Really hoping news out of the keys (middle keys especially) is better than thought as day goes on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Adding to the list of dangers:

There are some trees and branches and bits and pieces of buildings which, although they didn't come down, are hanging by a figurative thread and can come down on you during a gust of wind. Or, come flying across a courtyard or road and sideswipe you. Loose debris is loose. If you must go outside, stay alert.

Ralphlaw

View attachment 228425
Cleanup is beginning at POFQ
My brother is staying there and sent me some pics

Call me crazy, but I would have a real hard time sitting in my room with this going on. I'd probably be out there helping to clear brush or something. Yeah, it's "vacation", but I would feel better looking back at the end of the day knowing that I did something productive.

Roknrollrghostr

All morning they had CMs standing in front of the doors so we could not leave the premises. They've now opened up the walkway near the restaurants and arcade, but most walkways are still blocked by CMs and managers due to downed trees, etc.

This tree fell on the roof above Jiko, is also on/blocking some balconies. Treeabovejiko.jpg Treeabovejiko2.jpg walkwayakl.jpg blurrymara.jpgSorry it's so blurry but this is the "backstage" entrance to The Mara since the walkways weren't open.
animalshavereturned.jpg The animals have started to return to the Savannah despite some downed trees in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Call me crazy, but I would have a real hard time sitting in my room with this going on. I'd probably be out there helping to clear brush or something. Yeah, it's "vacation", but I would feel better looking back at the end of the day knowing that I did something productive.

I would think Disney would discourage that since it would lead to liability issues.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sadly no one (and by no one, i don't mean this board, just the media/US Gov) seems to be concerned with the Virgin Islands

They were already in relief mode even before Irma hit florida. Just because it's not in the news.. doesn't mean its not happening. The big thing there is getting the core infrastructure up to avoid the health issues. Power and water. While many structures are impacted and likely uninhabitable.. its not like the place is leveled. The islands are used to losing structures. Dutch and British had navy based relief moving in right after the storms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom