Hurricane Irma

BoarderPhreak

Any news on Epcot and DHS?

Usual flooded areas @ Epcot so far. Some damage to the Skyliner construction area.

e1.png

Last edited:

21stamps

That dipwad Jim Cantore was in Miami and appeared genuinely disappointed when the storm veered westward and avoided a direct hit on Miami. Sorry Jim, Mother Nature wasn't in the mood to contribute to the sensationalism of The Weather Channel and their hashtag style of reporting.

Miami, Broward, and Palm Beach still had a ton of damage, floods, and wind up to 100mph.. so at least he had something to cover. They've all been without power and getting hit since early Saturday, and winds just stopped today.
Hopefully he wasn't too happy about it.

Thank God they did not have a direct hit though.

blueslegend

That dipwad Jim Cantore was in Miami and appeared genuinely disappointed when the storm veered westward and avoided a direct hit on Miami. Sorry Jim, Mother Nature wasn't in the mood to contribute to the sensationalism of The Weather Channel and their hashtag style of reporting.

......with CNN not far behind and who appeared content on a Day after Tomorrow remake!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Call me crazy, but I would have a real hard time sitting in my room with this going on. I'd probably be out there helping to clear brush or something. Yeah, it's "vacation", but I would feel better looking back at the end of the day knowing that I did something productive.

Me too. I'd ask the guy raking up leaves at POFQ if he had another rake and some gloves. Good way to burn off those Disney calories and provide help and say thanks to those who kept you safe and comfortable.

AEfx

Actually, I should add this-

To all Parents of School Aged Children and PTA members-

One creative thing that our school has done is to create "out of uniform days" for extra donations above what the individual classrooms are doing. (Right now this is for Harvey, but I'm going to make sure we do another week for Irma too)

All week we have different themes- today is "school appropriate out of uniform choice"
Tomorrow- "spirit wear"
Wednesday- high school spirit wear.
Thursday- college team spirit wear.
Friday- NFL team spirit wear.
$5 per day.

Please suggest something similar if your schools aren't doing this. It's a fun way to raise money :). We are expecting 100% participation.

So since it has uniforms I take it this is a private school where kids have families that can afford to keep bringing $5 a day so they aren't ostracized by their classmates for not being able to participate and can fulfill the 100% participation expected?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
have guests sign a legal waiver if they want to exit or assist with cleanup that Disney isn't responsible for any injuries
those that assist get free ticket or dining or something :) win win

I'd find it hard to not pick up small branches and such I found laying outside my room/resort, as long as there are no electrical wires around. But that's me. I used to go out Sunday mornings to get the paper, notice a weed or two and two hours later, I'm still weeding. Many times in my pjs. Amused my neighbors.

Bairstow

Me too. I'd ask the guy raking up leaves at POFQ if he had another rake and some gloves. Good way to burn off those Disney calories and provide help and say thanks to those who kept you safe and comfortable.
I'm sure Disney is discouraging guests from picking up sticks, but if I was stuck down there I'd probably want to do something just to keep from getting cabin fever. As people in here wrote earlier, it would also be a good way to make your kids burn off energy and build a little work ethic- just don't be surprised when the CMs run you back to the arcades and lobby dog parades.

rob0519

Call me crazy, but I would have a real hard time sitting in my room with this going on. I'd probably be out there helping to clear brush or something. Yeah, it's "vacation", but I would feel better looking back at the end of the day knowing that I did something productive.

While perhaps a well intentioned idea, trust me. Disney management does not want guests "helping" with the clean up. It just opens them up to legal liability. There are any number of unseen dangers after a storm that could cause injury, minor or serious.

esskay

Looks like a pretty huge tree has hit AKL, place looks a bit worse for ware right now, a few people have posted on snapchat (public vids, go to map view)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom