Hurricane Irma

BoarderPhreak

All-Star Music Resort...

DJcnJIbVwAUBmcJ.jpg DJcyasjXkAAU88n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ewensell3

Sadly no one (and by no one, i don't mean this board, just the media/US Gov) seems to be concerned with the Virgin Islands. ALL of those islands are practically leveled, resorts gone, homes gone. Tourism is their #1 industry, and it will take years to get things back to a normal state.

Was just reading that several cruise lines are sending their ships all across the Caribbean with relief supplies.

As of Friday the US military was in process of deploying relief from of Puerto Rico.

I would not expect talk of long term plans until the immediate humanitarian situation is stabilized.

wwmmd

Actually, I should add this-

To all Parents of School Aged Children and PTA members-

One creative thing that our school has done is to create "out of uniform days" for extra donations above what the individual classrooms are doing. (Right now this is for Harvey, but I'm going to make sure we do another week for Irma too)

All week we have different themes- today is "school appropriate out of uniform choice"
Tomorrow- "spirit wear"
Wednesday- high school spirit wear.
Thursday- college team spirit wear.
Friday- NFL team spirit wear.
$5 per day.

Please suggest something similar if your schools aren't doing this. It's a fun way to raise money :). We are expecting 100% participation.

My youngest's elementary school did this last week for Harvey. She missed most of it since we were at Disney and didn't go back to school until Thursday (and then forgot about the fundraiser). Friday was dress in red day for The Red Cross. The school asked for only $1 per day.

21stamps

My youngest's elementary school did this last week for Harvey. She missed most of it since we were at Disney and didn't go back to school until Thursday (and then forgot about the fundraiser). Friday was dress in red day for The Red Cross. The school asked for only $1 per day.

Oh that's wonderful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom