News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Jones14

I'm super biased here...high speed launches tend to freak me out, and I've been avoiding RnR for a while as a result, even though I love the rest of the ride. Would love to see a high-speed coaster (by Disney's standards anyway, so around Tron and RnR's 60mph) that starts with a lift hill, if only to offer some diversity in thrills.
Everest would be the answer to that, with an 80-foot drop and a top speed of 50 mph.

Daveeeeed

I'm super biased here...high speed launches tend to freak me out, and I've been avoiding RnR for a while as a result, even though I love the rest of the ride. Would love to see a high-speed coaster (by Disney's standards anyway, so around Tron and RnR's 60mph) that starts with a lift hill, if only to offer some diversity in thrills.
I suppose you could get to a 2-minute right time that way.;)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It really is a shame that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has not been updated to silence the lift hills. That would be a true plus.

To be fair, magnetically lifted chain dogs are a relatively new invention (I want to say the first was Millennium Force in 2000) and I can't think of any older coaster which was updated/converted to have magnetically lifted chain dogs that had originally opened with traditional chain dogs (the impact wouldn't be justified by the cost). Now, if they were completely replacing the tracks and trains (like they did with Space Mountain at Disneyland) that would be a prime opportunity to make such a change, but otherwise, I doubt it's a change we'd otherwise ever see.

roj2323

Or hopefully someone will finally elaborate on the Revenge of the Mummy design. The Orlando version was and still is a revelation in pushing the envelope.
I'd Love to see Disney's take on that ride system. It's really one of a few jewels in a pile of mediocre Orlando area attractions.

IveBeenJack

The site that is forbidden claimed a scoop shortly before D23 saying that TRON Coaster was replacing Speedway. Well, they got the first part right, but the second wrong. That site's grand vizier refuses to acknowledge that he was confirming that Speedway was going, he claims he was only confirming TRON. But now, the damage is done. Other sites picked up his proclamation and now it's echoing through the internet.

Lots and lots of sources are now saying that Speedway is definitely staying but will be altered in some way to account for TRON's footprint going over the railroad tracks. One of our insiders says it will be rethemed to TRON car racers.

See here for latest rumors: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/

You're exactly right! And that's why I didn't do a video on the Speedway going away back in July before the Expo. But in my latest video, "How TRON will affect Tomorrowland?", I've also tried to set the record straight to people about the Tomorrowland Speedway and TRON's location, and I've also put to bed the Moana rollercoaster rumour.

I might actually do a video soon, as a sort of roundup of rumours that have circulated around recently, about what is likely vs. what's implausible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom