The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yep, that was the extent of our "fireworks craziness" at mom and pops on the evening of the 4th...!!! :hilarious: Youngest DD bought a dozen boxes of those little snappers for the kiddos (big kiddos, too ;)) out on the front deck and drive. :)
My neighbor that does the fireworks every year out did himself this year:joyfull: Now I know why they took their van when they took a trip down south:oops:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh boy! Bat fun for you...!!!!! :joyfull: ;)

Years ago at the firm I walked out of my office to get something from the kitchen. When I came back, a few minutes later, there was a small bat laying in my office doorway. I thought "How the heck did that get there?" o_O It was obviously dying from something (rabies is very common in bats), so a coworker of mine held a gallon ziplock bag wide open (we didn't want it to touch any of the outside of the bag were we might touch) while I scooped it up with a piece of cardboard and dumped it in. It's final resting place was our dumpster.
I'm not surprised to see them outside every now and then (after all, Austin does have the worlds largest urban bat colony living under the Congress Ave. Bridge downtown - 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats), but, in our building was definitely something new. :cyclops:

View attachment 215258

Wow! That picture is really something. Although bats really skeeve me out, I've read they really contribute to the overall eco system and are very important. They're insectivores and also have something to do with the pollination of flowers (haven't a clue how that works, but I read that).

Anyway, feel free to be the host city to babysit these creatures!! :eek:

BAChicagoGal

So sorry to hear about your birds. I hope the rest stay healthy.

Thank you, and everyone else who quoted me yesterday. I buried dear Miney under a small turtle statue that sits a few feet away from our bird bath in the back. I am glad I did that early yesterday, because the rest of the day was rainy and gloomy, just like our mood. My husband runs around like a maniac in the morning tending to the finches, who wake up earlier than myself and our two parakeets. He is super particular about food and water dishes, and can't understand how our birdie could have gotten sick. Moe is still chirping and seems O.K. Now we have two finches in one cage, and two cages with one bird each. I am wondering if my husband will want to try and put the two single birds together? I won't mention it, but the idea might pop into his head down the road. Money and Moe were very attached, and Dottie has been alone now since April. Not sure what these little birdies are all thinking/feeling.

BAChicagoGal

I'm sorry! So sad! Was this one of the birds your grandson passed on to you?

No, my grandson gave us his conure, because the conure became way too attached to my grandson and wanted attention 24/7. My grandson could not even go to bed without the bird squawking terribly. My husband has the bird under a good schedule, even though I am afraid of the bird. Thankfully, the bird is only out of her cage two hours in the a.m. and 2 hours right before dinner. I try and avoid the living room when the bird is out, or I go out and run errands or do chores. This crazy bird thinks everyone is a perch, and flew on my head the other day. I was freaking out. My husband, of course, said "calm down" the bird was only there for a few moments. For me, it felt like forever.

BAChicagoGal

I enjoy my visits to both US Disney destinations. They have both changed enough in the last 20 years to keep me wanting to go back to each of them. I prefer Disneyland based on "heart", and cost, but love planning WDW trips too. They are two different experiences for sure. My last trip was WDW. My next is Disneyland. I never had the desire to fly half way around the world to a foreign country to see what they offer. My body is lucky it survives the 4.5 hour plane ride to California. As far as attractions go. I never rode TOT, so the remake won't get a visit for me. Not my thing I am looking forward to the railroad being back, and Fantasmic, and wondering what parade might be running. Fantasyland is my favorite land, although I love Carsland on atmosphere alone, and must ride a stationary car on the Ferris Wheel. I just wish Disneyland would let me buy more than a 5 day park hopper. I could spend a week, ten days there easy, but don't want the cost of an annual pass. I'd much rather have one long vacation, than a few smaller ones in a year's time.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thank you, and everyone else who quoted me yesterday. I buried dear Miney under a small turtle statue that sits a few feet away from our bird bath in the back. I am glad I did that early yesterday, because the rest of the day was rainy and gloomy, just like our mood. My husband runs around like a maniac in the morning tending to the finches, who wake up earlier than myself and our two parakeets. He is super particular about food and water dishes, and can't understand how our birdie could have gotten sick. Moe is still chirping and seems O.K. Now we have two finches in one cage, and two cages with one bird each. I am wondering if my husband will want to try and put the two single birds together? I won't mention it, but the idea might pop into his head down the road. Money and Moe were very attached, and Dottie has been alone now since April. Not sure what these little birdies are all thinking/feeling.

Has he explored the possibility of mites? I had parakeets in high school and they both died from mites. Those buggers were so small that we didn't notice them until it was too late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom