The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Thank you, and everyone else who quoted me yesterday. I buried dear Miney under a small turtle statue that sits a few feet away from our bird bath in the back. I am glad I did that early yesterday, because the rest of the day was rainy and gloomy, just like our mood. My husband runs around like a maniac in the morning tending to the finches, who wake up earlier than myself and our two parakeets. He is super particular about food and water dishes, and can't understand how our birdie could have gotten sick. Moe is still chirping and seems O.K. Now we have two finches in one cage, and two cages with one bird each. I am wondering if my husband will want to try and put the two single birds together? I won't mention it, but the idea might pop into his head down the road. Money and Moe were very attached, and Dottie has been alone now since April. Not sure what these little birdies are all thinking/feeling.
It's hard to love your family animals and lose them. Our last dog passed away , over 12 years ago. I still think of her and all my doggies, over the years. It will always hurt a little to lose a loved one.

betty rose

Yep! When we got a new parakeet we had to get a disk thing that hung on the side of the cage to prevent more mites. Didn't do any good though because a few months later my brother released the bird to the wild. On purpose. :cry::cry: We didn't get any more birds after that.
That's so sad to hear. My last dog was my last. I can't do the loss anymore.

Songbird76

Wow! That picture is really something. Although bats really skeeve me out, I've read they really contribute to the overall eco system and are very important. They're insectivores and also have something to do with the pollination of flowers (haven't a clue how that works, but I read that).

Anyway, feel free to be the host city to babysit these creatures!! :eek:
They apparently eat mosquitoes, and I'm all for that if it means me getting bitten less frequently.

Songbird76

Is that had for him to save money trough moths until they have the needed?
I'm not really sure what you are asking...? Like...is it hard for my brother to save money? I don't know...it must be, because he's never been able to do it. For anything. If he needs a larger sum of money, rather than save for it, he asks someone to give it to him. I don't think he's EVER saved money for anything. When he bought his house, he asked me to "lend" him the money for the down payment from my wedding fund. I said no, and he ended up getting it from my mom.

Songbird76

Okay, more 4th pictures....
Grandson getting his junior ranger. He got one hundred present on the questions.....He studied a lot, and we all learned more about the Rocky Mountains....The Rock's are two billion years old. Just a little older than me.;););) View attachment 215344

fun for the boys....
Oh man those bumper boats are HARD to drive!! They have those at Kalkar in Germany...it's an amusement park. Anyway, there they make you go 2 people to a boat, and I don't really fit...you have to sit all wonky and try to steer from the side and it's so sensitive. You move it slightly and end up just spinning. DD gave up last time we went and just said "You do it, mom!" because it was taking forever and we weren't getting anywhere. This looks way more fun...it's not a course that you have to navigate like Kalkar. Plus, you get to bump into other people. On purpose!!!

betty rose

More pics.....IMG_6201.JPG The Stanley....will show the most haunted part....they will do a haunting at midnight, for those who are interested,,,,,,IMG_6257.JPG the music room, people have heard the lady of the home, play the piano....late at night...IMG_6215.JPG
The most haunted place in the Stanley....they have a ghost hunt at mid-night, they have had people so scared they have ran out of the place....the windows are boarded up, to keep these spirits away....all of the mattresses of the diseased are in this building....I'm not that brave...no mid-night haunts for me....IMG_6263.JPG
It's all boarded up, to keep the spirits in...... IMG_6470.JPG back to the trail we made it, oldest grandson took our picture....he was so proud that we made it....

betty rose

And, that last post reminds me I forgot to post a pic of the feast at mom and pops on the 4th...

My Shiner Bock...!!! :hungry:

View attachment 215243

And, one brat, one hot dog, tomato and cuc salad with feta crumbles (I already ate the big crumbles :hungry: ;)), Asian salad, pasta salad with pepperoni, chips, and corn on the cob...!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry: :)

View attachment 215242
Yum-O. Looks so good! I need that right now. I need a personal chef....

betty rose

Oh boy! Bat fun for you...!!!!! :joyfull: ;)

Years ago at the firm I walked out of my office to get something from the kitchen. When I came back, a few minutes later, there was a small bat laying in my office doorway. I thought "How the heck did that get there?" o_O It was obviously dying from something (rabies is very common in bats), so a coworker of mine held a gallon ziplock bag wide open (we didn't want it to touch any of the outside of the bag were we might touch) while I scooped it up with a piece of cardboard and dumped it in. It's final resting place was our dumpster.
I'm not surprised to see them outside every now and then (after all, Austin does have the worlds largest urban bat colony living under the Congress Ave. Bridge downtown - 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats), but, in our building was definitely something new. :cyclops:
Don't go to Las Vegas at night we did that once, and it seemed like a million bats came out over the Pyramid with the light over night. I felt creepy , and never went back. This was over 15 years ago....don't know if they are still there. Look up bats over Las Vegas at night. Too horrible....
View attachment 215258

betty rose

We haven't been to DLP yet. We're going in October. I was sitting at my brother's house after dad died, and I was just depressed and needed a pick-me-up. I saw that there were some deals going for DLP's anniversary, so I booked on the last day the deal was available, knowing I was going to need a break when all was said and done. I was rather hoping to have at least the cattle and the house taken care of by now, but nothing so far...so DLP will be my de-stresser.
It's not so much that my BIL has final veto power...they discuss it, but my brother is REALLY bad with money and can't really be trusted because he'll spend everything before he's even got the money in the bank. So my BIL has to kind of be the heavy and say no. It's not that he doesn't want to go to Disney, it's that he knows my brother and doesn't want to be in debt for 20 years for 1 vacation. BUT, supposedly my brother is getting a promotion and raise soon, and my BIL is going back to work full time in the fall, so they will have 2 incomes...now that my niece is 4, maybe they can be convinced to visit Disney with us. I did some research and we could stay in SS or OKW in one of their 2 bedroom villas and it wouldn't cost a whole lot more than CBR was for us last year if we split the cost between our 2 families. We'd each have a bedroom. I want to say that we could even have BIL's parents join us and we would still fit, but now I can't remember. Anyway, I am hoping that it will work out eventually.
I'm so glad for your trip. Everyone needs to get away for multiple reasons. I hope you have a lot of fun.

betty rose

I'm sorry. It's the opposite around here. It seems we have even more choices than last year. Maybe because we have some decent supermarkets facing competition in the healthy/organic/allergy safe departments:joyfull: Even Sam's and Costco seem to be jumping onto the band wagon.:joyfull:
I'm going to look up Costco. We don't have Sam's, it's way more expensive. I'm hoping Costco is getting on the band wagon. I can't do the cookies or cream, either. It seem's my internal pipes are failing me. Like my old Dr. said....go with anything bland...mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice. I've been on this diet before....I hate nothing without any flavor. I think with my stress, it's time to give everything a break. Will do....

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm still so far behind. Will do more after lunch. If anyone is interested, I have a few more pictures, for the 4th of July. Mostly of the Stanley Hotel, and a couple outside of our condo. We were right on the river. It was so nice to go to sleep with the river sounds in the background.
Last couple pics....outside our condo...View attachment 215356

one more...View attachment 215359 the last breakfast for hubby....View attachment 215360
That's all for this trip. I love the mountains in the summer............
Thank you for sharing your lovely family with us:inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom